[1.1.8.1] Oleron - 2H melee physical Cadence Warder, Ravager killer, very easy SR 80+

INTRODUCTION

Next in the line of my Cadence builds is 2H physical Cadence. Typical class for such build is a mastery combo that has two physical RR’s. I have decided to no go this route. Tankiest class combo for 2H melee is Warder. There is an option to play physical Cadence Warder with Voldrak’s Crusher but such a build would be weaker than what I had in mind. Nature’s Avenger set gives bonuses to Warder’s WPS and is supposed to be played with Savagery but I will use it with Cadence instead. The result is just stunning - I think by far the best 2H melee Cadence build. Great AoE of 5-7 enemies every 2 out of 3 hits + Upheaval on crits. Cadence and Zolhan’s Technique deal very high damage and Feral Hunger heals. Cadence deals 484 % WD and ZT deals 305 % WD. Build also has high weapon damage to compensate for less physical RR. Wendigo Totem heals for 2900 HP/s and health regeneration is with Avenger’s set proc 1700 HP/s. Total healing is therefore 4600 HP/s + ADCtH and Scales (non converted). Base physical resistance is only 18 % but Avenger’s proc is always up and with it the build has 40 % physical resistance. The build does SR 80 very easily and can kill Ravager.

I have other Cadence builds here. I have other physical melee builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my Cadence builds from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Oleron – great build, 2H melee physical, good offensively and very powerful defensively

2. Aether Crusher – great build, 2H melee aether, offensively a little weaker than Oleron, defensively noticably weaker than Oleron

3. Ultos – great build, 2H melee lightning, offensively noticably weaker than Aether Crusher, defensively a little weaker than Oleron

4. Chaotic Crusher – great build, 2H melee chaos, offensively similar to Aether Crusher, defensively noticably weaker than Aether Crusher

5. Amatok – great build, 2H melee cold, offensively a little weaker than Chaotic Crusher, defensively a little weaker than Chaotic Crusher

6. Ele Mental – good build, 2H melee elemental, offensively a little weaker than Ultos, defensively a little weaker than Aether Crusher

7. Empyrion – good build, 2H melee fire, offensively a little weaker than Amatok, defensively a little weaker than Amatok

8. Rattosh – good build, 2H melee vitality, offensively similar to Amatok, defensively a little weaker than Empyrion

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZP87XKZ

Build uses one monster infrequent item - Mogarra’s Fangs. You want affixes for elemental resistance. Crafting bonuses on chest, helm and boots are to stun (1x), slow (1x) and freeze (1x) resistances.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS from 210k to 330k

OK base OA - around 2950 OA, high OA when Fighting Spirit is up (above 3200 OA)

low crit damage - 26 %

OK physical RR from War Cry (and Scales for more consistency), ring and Assassin’s Mark - up to -81 %

DEFENSE

great life (you don’t have to worry to take some damage) - close to 18 000 health

OK base DA - around 2900 DA

lifesteal is 21 % (with Wendigo Totem)

maxed resistances with reasonably decent overcap

good CC resistances

nice physical resistance 40 % with proc up

good armor above 2400

healing from Scales and Wendigo Totem

% damage reduction from War Cry

Ghoul

Prismatic Rage from component

Menhir’s Will

image from the game with passive buffs only

Oleron%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Blood Pact and Deadly Momentum (always up)

Oleron%202

image from the game with passive buffs + Blood Pact, Deadly Momentum, Fighting Spirit, Battle Cry, Ulzaad’s Decree and Windshear

Oleron%203

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build does SR 80 very easily. No boss is a problem. It can go a lot higher if you are a skilled player.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Images from SR 80

CELESTIALS

I killed Ravager with potions in slightly above 3:30 min. I facetanked him the whole time. First half can be done without pharma. Second phase can be done without pharma as well but you will have to disengage couple of times and it will take a bit more time. I fight only with Ravager because I like his helm.

Image after killing Ravager

2 Likes

Nice name :wink:

I link this to my beginner build

1 Like

You are seriously missing out on damage by not taking Beast Slayer’s medal and not maxing Brute Force - that flat Lightning damage that gets converted to Physical is unmitigated by armor. The components setup with no Ancient Armor in pants and no Sanctified Bone in chest is also suboptimal for survivability and damage.

Same goes for ring augments - Hammerfall Powder that gives you flat Pierce damage gets its Pierce converted by gloves mod so you get 30 “magical” physical damage that is unmitigated by armor which is huge give Cadence’s humonguous % weapon damage multiplier.

7 Likes

Having wendigo totem at 13/12 is no big extra heal compared to 12/12. One more point in Mogrodens pact will get higher physical damage. Remember, non converted physical damage (compared to the “magic” as madlee mentioned) get indvidual armor checks each source. Thus maxing all places where you get flat physical damage is important.

You also have the points for 20/12 fightning form to get even one more target on cadence and more +%phys damage which will increase these small flat sources of physical damage on cadence skill and all the sources for the wpn dmg meaning even less armor waste.

I think some people should just get used to me not valuing DPS above all.

1 Like

how is this less tankier than what you posted btw?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V00B11V (my suggestions)

You changed one point. I think these things can everyone do as they please with their own version. I don’t tell other people that they should play exactly my version. It is just a template.

edit - Oh I didn’t notice the Fighting Form. It is possible but I need that OA on Fighting Spirit.

These little changes can just everyone do as they wish. I am not interested in total optimizing. That should be clear by now I hope.

No, also got fighting form to 20/12 as I proposed. Just some suggestions mate, take it or leave it :slight_smile: After all, isn’t the point of posting builds also to discuss/get feedback and get more ideas?

2 Likes

one point blindside = 170 more OA

Survivability is also heaps better with my suggestions. Having higher DPS on a melee build without sacrifices to defense (even with them sometimes) often translates into higher survivability as you can leech better with higher dps and also kill enemies faster before you get debuffed into oblivion

And one more skill. As I said everyone can do these little changes as they like.

It can kill Ravager, I think survivability is fine for me. Yes loosing elemental res on augments and medal is better for survival. Dude, you are just full of it as usually. Just stop posting in my threads.

Surely you can find plug Elemental resist to make a build better overall?

Good enough for me.

Aren’t the Wps counter intuitive with the way Cadence and Upheaval work? Pretty sure Cadence can’t proc Wps and Upheaval only works if your basic attack crits and that excludes Wps/Cadence.

Edit: Well it looks like you got banned, so see you in 3021

5 Likes

You are correct, but he only spent one point in upheaval so. And from my experience playing almost the same build - it is not worth dropping Zolahn and/or feral hunger just to proc upheaval more often.

1 Like

Do you have a grimtools link? Levelling with a primal strike warder since I never tried that skill before. Very flashy and fun. Would like something to respec into at level 94. Do you feel physical 2H warder is the best warder?

Hello Mad Lee. Can I ask you something.

Since converted physical damage is not mitigated by armor , does the game actually increases / decreases the DPS accordingly between what is mitigated and what is not when i attack an enemy?

Let’s say , I am using Cadence and I have additional 30% Elemental Damage converted to Physical Damage from Brute Force. If I hit an enemy for 10K Damage, will the game separate 7K damage to be mitigated by armor and 3K not mitigated by armor?

No it doesn’t calculate armor mitigation, also don’t expect mad_lee to ever answer again since he is perma banned.

3 Likes

The dps tooltip in game does not know about what the armor of the monster is so it can not account for that. Neither does it know about resistances and crit damage etc

1 Like