[1.2.0.3] Bleed Me a River: 4:30 Crucible Gladiator 150-170, Shard 100, Ravager facetank, All Celestials bleeding hybrid Trickster by mad_lee [vid][g4][everything+]

Duchy - God of Olexra Pointed Away From Enemies

3 Likes

Hi all ! I am newbie grim dawn. I would like to ask pls leveling guide in grimtools lvl 30/60/100 thy helping

Hello.

1. Start with Shaman.
  2. From level 2 to level 9 put 2 points into Devouring Swarm and 1 point into Shaman. It’s not an iron rule, if you feel like you’re running out of energy put points into Shaman bar instead.
  3. Once you hit level 10 open Nightblade and put all your points into Nightblade from now on. Also go to the Spirit Guide to take all points from Shaman mastery bar and put them into Nightblade mastery bar instead. Your goal is to reach Blade Spirit by around level 25. To make things slightly easier you can get 12/12 Anatomy of Murder once you reach 20 points in Nightblade bar. This will boost your Devouring Swarm damage. Later on you can take points out of Anatomy of Murder to get Blade Spirits faster.
  4. After you’re done with Act 1 an NPC will appear near the place you started out, it’s hard to miss. It’ll open a portal to Forgotten Gods campaign for you. There you need to go through the quest chain, join one of the three cults, and then go out of the town into the desert. You’ll find Scarab enemies soon enough, they drop scarab shields. There are two types of them, you need one that adds bleeding damage to Blade Spirits.
  5. For stats your first 11 points should go into Physique, then start putting points into cunning.
  6. As for devotions start with Crossroads (purple) -> Falcon (bind proc to Devouring Swarm) -> Crossroads (green) -> Crossroads (red) -> Jackal -> The Huntress (bind proc to Blade Spirits)

Should be enough to get started and carry you to levels 30+. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply Stupid_Dragon ! :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

Hi again ! :smiley: I would like to thank you for this build mad_lee and leveling guide Stupid_Dragon ! I just finished vanilla campaign. i really enjoy this build. My first caracter SSF in grim dawn https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zjGLv2. Thanks again for this description. Sorry for the wrong language.

1 Like

As a still new’ish player following this guide are there any required factions to join for this build?

The only tricky thing here is whether to be friends with Barrowholm or not.
The build uses weapon augment that comes from Barrowholm, which is probably the best augment for pure bleed damage builds. While not technically irreplaceable you do want access to it.
On the other hand the pants the build uses drop from enemy that spawns only if you’re enemies with Barrowholm. But as you can still get the pants in Shattered Realm and some claim that it’s a better way than running around looking for that mutt across the whole Ugdenbog then this isn’t forcing your hand either.

There’s also a method you can use to get best of both worlds - be friends with barrowholm on normal/elite, max out their reputation, buy everything you could possibly need (learn blueprints, stockpile augments) and then betray them on the last difficulty to have access to farming the pants without going into SR / Crucible. If you’re not going to do that then it’s probably better to be friends with Barrowholm and get the pants in SR than the alternative.

Other faction choices shouldn’t matter for this build.

2 Likes

Hi Stupid_Dragon! I would like to thank you for this build . Love it. I don’t have much experience in this game. About 15-20 hours :frowning: The leveling guide is very understandable . That would be my question since I don’t have much stuff what weapon / relick you recommend for leveling. Thank you for helping answer nice day :smiley:

1 Like

Hello.
For weapon I think you should use either Bonespike or Wendigo Claw.
Levelling relics for bleeding aren’t good so I’d say go with Slaughter for +1 to Nightblade.

2 Likes

WoW! Thanks for the quick response :blush:

1 Like

is there a reason why you added 1 point to Nidalla’s Justifiable Ends? is the poison DoT good for procs or is there something im not getting

Standard practice because NJE has cooldown reduction for SS, which means better mobility.

1 Like

-0.2 CD of a 3.5 CD Shadow Strike seems really negligible tbh as half the time SS is on a downtime where the 0.2 reduction doesn’t really change anything. imo the extra +60hp restored on totem or the 0.2 extra radius of grasping vines might have more value, but im a noob so what do i know lol

6:16 naked extra spawn

2 Likes

I’m watching the videos and looking at the build but I still don’t grasp the magic at work here…

Where is the damage coming from ?
I get that blade spirit and ring of steel are strong… but they are not THAT strong, are they ?

Savagery seems to be there mostly for Tenacity of the boar, grasping vines is there as a proccer.

Is the damage on Devouring swarm significant with the various mods ?

Or is it the procs that add up ? (Living shadow, Falcon swoop, Crimson wake, fleshcarver, eye of orissia, blood spines…)

Because right now, I don’t know what I’m looking at … it’s awesome, but I don’t get it :stuck_out_tongue:

Many Bleeding damage sources times 4.2k %Bleeding damage.

2 Likes

So it’s the multiple procs and skills that add up, nothing in specific.

Basically what makes this build good is how well those procs mesh together ?

1 Like

The key for success in DoT based builds is to stack multiple sources. And since bleeding is DoT only damage type it’s even more potent. And ofc everything is boosted by the huge %bleeding damage.

1 Like

and one more thing (if i remembered correctly)- 3 Blade Spirits can stack their own Bleeding damage. yeah, even they are exactly the same, 3 BS are counted as 3 different sources of bleeding damage. (maybe i saw that in 5 Guardian build by Grey). Thats why the bleed mod of the MI shield is so freaking good, they are multiple x3 and even stack much higher than expected

1 Like

Is that the case ? interesting!

I know DoT effects procced from different blade spirits will stack (like if you bind oleron’s rage on them for example, 1 different instances of the proc that originated from different blade spirits would stack)

But their own basic attack also stacks ?