[1.2.0.3] What We Do in the Shadows: 4:30 Crucible Gladiator 150-170, Shard 100, All Celestials vitality caster Ritualist by mad_lee [everything+]

Foreword

Ritualist was always a mastery combo I wanted to make something great out of. Sadly all of my previous attempts never really reached the mark. Class is ridden with problems typical for a mastery combo catered heavily towards pets: severe lack of stats, complete lack of cc-resists and mediocre survivability. The potential for exceptional Vitality damage output was always there however: highest total resist reduction and strongest Vitality spells make Ritualist really special compared to other Vitality classes. All that was left was to figure out the roadmap to powerful and tanky powerhouse that excels in all kinds of endgame challenges and is fun to play.

The Build

1.2.0.3 Update!

Build had slightly suboptimal devotion route before - changed that. It still devours and now with the additional (free) Sunder reflect feature (thru MoT :smiling_imp:).

<<<< GRIMTOOLS (CURRENT SPEC)>>>>*

GRIMTOOLS (patch 1.1.9.8)
GRIMTOOLS (patch 1.1.9.6)
GRIMTOOLS (patch 1.1.9.5)
GRIMTOOLS (patch 1.1.9.3)
GRIMTOOLS (patch 1.1.9.1)

*Craft for slow resistance
**You donā€™t really need double rare weapon, one rare Vitality affix + one good magical one (like of Decay or of Celerity) is more than enough here.

Frequently Asked Vampiric Questions

Isnā€™t a Pandemic dagger better? What about the Basilisk Crest medal for shorter Ravenous Earthā€™s cooldown?
Green dagger pistol proved to be better in testing, same as the Lagothā€™ak medal. Both options are viable however.

Rolls on the Bonespike Ugdenbog Howler seem too specific, is it possible to play with other rolls?
Yes.

Will Crate nerf this? Damage seems too high for a Vitality build.
Not sure about potential nerfs but the build has a lot of moving parts that make its damage this high: two powerful main damage dealers Totems and RE and two support damage dealers Siphon Souls and Devouring Swarm all supported with mods from gear. And on top of that build has insane resist reduction. If Crate starts nerfing just some parts of it, this build will survive but other Vitality builds will probably suffer.

Gear/Skills and Devotions/Leveling

Classic Vitality powerhouse devotion map and standard skill distribution. Bone Harvest is more of a filler that also applies %resist reduction from Essence of Chā€™thon augment.

For leveling check beginner guides, this is an endgame build

Gameplay

In Crucible build facetanks everything (in buffless Crucible most of the things), but use Mark of Torment often during big waves. Watch your rotation and refresh RE and Totems as soon as they are off cooldown.
In Shattered Realm It is pretty straightforward.

Just watch the videos to learn how to play the build.

Stats

Videos

1.2.0.3 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 ā€œnakedā€ extra spawn 5:02 run

1.1.9.8 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 ā€œnakedā€ extra spawn 5:23 run

1.1.9.8 Ravager no pharma/no cluster full facetank kill 1:59

1.1.9.8 Callagadra kill 2:15

1.1.9.6 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 ā€œnakedā€ extra spawn 5:29 run

1.1.9.6 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 four consecutive runs

1.1.9.6 Shard 90 deathless

1.1.9.6 Ravager kill 1:48

1.1.9.5 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 ā€œnakedā€ extra spawn 5:35 run

1.1.9.5 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:29 run

1.1.9.5 Ravager kill 1:59

1.1.9.3 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:37 run

1.1.9.3 Ravager kill 1:56

1.1.9.1 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:25 run

1.1.9.1 Crate of Entertainment 59

1.1.9.1 Shard 100 boss room with quite a few deaths to Gargaban

1.1.9.1 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 ā€œnakedā€ extra spawn 6:15 run or ā€œa tanky 6 min buildā€

1.1.9.1 Callagadra kill 4:20

1.1.9.1 Ravager facetank kill 2:11

1.1.9.1 Mogdrogen kill 2:11

1.1.9.1 Crucible 4:23 run

1.1.9.1 Naked Crucible 5:53 run

In Conclusion

Valguur set could really something useful instead of ā€œthematicā€ 100% life leech resistance set bonus that doesnā€™t really do anything. %Petrify resistance would be much more relevant and still ā€œthematicā€, Defensive ability is always welcome on a Ritualist.

Next guide will have another chapter of my fantasy saga, so stay tuned!

21 Likes

Interesting to see MadLee posting from the grave though :rofl:

5 Likes

He is ascendant now, above all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To boldly go where no build have gone beforeā€¦

But speaking of the actual build, its great! Ritualist tend to be faster than the other two similar classes Conjurer and Cabalist. Combination between Ravenous Earth and totems to compensate for otherwise lower burst damage and also no CoF for RR. Spectral Binding is automatically applied, Swarm is clunky but not so much with high casting speed and have huge values on top.

4 Likes

This build is rad af. Love it!

New videos.

2 Likes

Sup guys, update from mad_lee:

Ritualist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (craft for slow res)

cool. closets one Iā€™ve tried to kill the ravager. but the build didnā€™t make it for me. can you enlighten me about which potions you use? cheers

Here you have all potions listed, easy to tell by looking at the icons: Consumables - Grim Dawn Item Database

Oh and btw the author is using Rune of the Dark Progenitor thatā€™s Reducing Ravagerā€™s Offensive and Defensive ability.
Probably necessary since itā€™s not used to proc devotions.

I tweaked the buidl different items then i jsut did the Ravager. however callagadra just melts me. I canā€™t even ru from him. he will just killlll me. is this build update for the latest version?

I hope you dont expect to facetank calla, thats something only very few builds can do.
Time to learn her patterns, when to dps, when to run and so onā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Update

New Grimtools

1 Like

Hey guys dunno how to Add images. Which mod adding a bar with buff/debuff icons in middle of screen on videos above?

Grim internals

1 Like

TY, never had enough patience to understand all settings. Seems itā€™s time to try 1 more time

Build updated to current patch. New bloody display:

2 Likes

Patch 1.1.9.8 update

The most bloodthirsty vampire in Cairn is back and his vengeance is as bloody as ever. Updated build with the latest turtle tech, as well as with more affordable greens and overall itā€™s a more well-rounded spec.

New GT is in the op

Here are some videos from the test patch (it will work as well on the current patch too)

1.1.9.8 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 ā€œnakedā€ extra spawn 5:23 run

1.1.9.8 Ravager kill no pharma/no cluster full facetank 1:59

1.1.9.8 Callagadra kill 2:15

4 Likes

Welcome backļ¼ :smiling_face_with_tear: :beers:

2 Likes

The endgames builds expert and connoisseur from the far far East himself, mr. Carson Napier. Glad you are still around, your blog is always fun to read!

1.2.0.3 Update!

Build had slightly suboptimal devotion route before - changed that. It still devours and now with the additional (free) Sunder reflect feature (thru MoT :smiling_imp:).

Find the updated grimtools in the op, here is the video with current buildā€™s performance:

3 Likes