[1.1.9.1 - 1.2.0.3] Abyss Unapproachable - Chaos Infernal Knight Pyromancer [sr+][mi][vid]

- What is Empyrion’s will?
- Cleanse the world of the impure. Incinerate the heretics in righteous fire!
- Thank you. I think Chaos cocktails blessed by Ch’thon will serve well.
-…huh?
- And dark occult Sigils with hellish Thermite Mines. Praise the Three!
- WHAT?!!
- It is not my fault that Kymon recruiters gladly accept Occultists. So no worries! And remember, kids. Necromancers are evil, Occultists are good.
- We need to change our politics, Brother Miranok…

Hi! :slightly_smiling_face:

Another build is constructed to purge Cairn from its various invaders. I wanted to try Infernal Knight set in action, Chaos side, but Shieldbreaker as a default variant does not appeal to me. Pyromancer, on the other hand, has many benefits for Chaos and its exclusive skill is one of my favorite. This is my first attempt to play the class, and it appeared to be decent and fun. Let us look at the build!

1. Grimtools link.

This build features three abilities that fully converted to Chaos - Blackwater Cocktail (spammable), Thermite Mine and Sigil of Consumption. To solve Energy management problem (Pyromancer does not help in that department sadly :slightly_frowning_face:), I sacrificed first variant with Abomination and used Giant’s Blood with converted Bat and Scales, Tortoise and Ghoul for additional safety. Sustain is better, damage is still good.

2. In-game character stats.
1.2.0.3_CIKP_general_stats
general stats, only passive buffs and Blood of Dreeg are active

1.2.0.3_CIKP_BWC_breakdown
Blackwater Cocktail breakdown

1.2.0.3_CIKP_magic_stats
magic stats

1.2.0.3_CIKP_defense_stats
defense stats

3. Gear/Build explanation.
There are other ways to make this build, like using Rag’Nadar’s Maw rifle, Bonewall shield for SoC and Blood Sigil of Ch’Thon, but this gear fits better for casting playstyle (which is miles better damage-wise). Here it is:

1. Core items.
    Set. The Infernal Champion. Support for Fire and Chaos BwC, Thermite Mine, increased Radius for them (very important). Proc with Fire damage, only partially converted to Chaos, is not that useful, but some bit of damage does not hurt.
    Medal. Lagoth’Ak’s Voidbinding. Enables Chaos BwC and Thermite Mine. Allows us not to take Rag’Nadar’s rifle. Blood Sigil of Ch’Thon does not have modifiers for Mines, so it is not an alternative.
    Weapon. Bloodsworn Scepter. Enables Chaos SoC and provides global Vitality-to-Chaos conversion for it and devotions. I was lucky to get triple-rare scepter, but it is pretty easy to farm. Just visit Benevald merchant in Blood Grove and update his goods until bored. Or Bastion of Chaos vendor. Or cultists in Blood Grove, Darkvale Gate etc. So many places to farm. Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face: Get at least Demonic prefix.
  2. Mandatory items.
    Off-hand. Fiend’s Resolve. Final part of Vitality-to-Chaos conversion, great defensive proc with 100% uptime. I like it very much.
    Ring 1. Combustion Band. Chaos Ring with RR proc and Destruction points to SoC. Standard for almost all Chaos builds.
    Ring 2. Voidheart. Another standard Chaos Ring with RR proc, some Fire-to-Chaos conversion, points to BwC and Possession.
    Amulet. Kaisan’s Eldritch Eye. +1 to All Skills, some CC resistances. The variant I have is decent but not the best. Just annoyed of farming that Nemesis.
    Gloves. Doomtouch. Final points to Hellfire Mine, proc is fully converted and deals massive damage.
    Boots. Voidwalker Footpads. Points to SoC, good stats.
    Relic. Korvaak’s Deception. Great Chaos relic for Demolitionists with %OA, DA, Slow and Entrapment Resistances. Skill is not useful (wish it was a proc :thinking:).
  3. Can be changed.
    Pants. Dreeg-Sect Legguards. Reduced Stun Duration, %OA, %Health Regen. Can be changed to Solael-Sect Legguards if they or other MI have Stun Resistance. Or, at least one MI must have Freeze Resistance (in my case, pants slot). Also, look for OA and Pierce Resistance.

Craft items with %Stun/%Freeze Resistance (blacksmith in Steelcap District). My build has helmet with Stun Resistance and off-hand with Health regen (one of Celestial smiths, I think :man_shrugging:).

About Resistance Reduction. Total amount is ~129% (-45% from Hellfire Mine modifier, -10% from Voidheart proc, -8% from Combustion Band proc, -35% from Solael’s Witchblade constellation and flat 31 from Agonising Flames modifier of BwC). Looks good. Reaper of the Lost is our usual Nemesis, pretty tanky and hurts much sometimes, but killable. Benn’Jahr is not a problem, just avoid his obsidian mine clusters. Do not try to facetank Mad Queen, be extra careful! She hurts more than Ravager in SR.

4. Gameplay.
Throw everything you have at your enemies! :rofl: Mines, Sigils, Cocktails. Stack as much as you can under tough enemies and watch them melt in Chaos. Uptime Blood of Dreeg. Displacement helps if getting stuck.

5. Videos.
Mad Queen (do not attack when her red aura is up, kite a bit).

Kra’Vall.

Lokarr (avoid his fire waves).

Morgoneth.

SR 75 full.

Avatar of Mogdrogen (old video) (tough, tries to close distance constantly to shotgun you, which hurts much. That is why timer is not good. Potions are in the video).

Ravager of Souls (potions are in the video, no Aether Clusters and healpots, kiting. Greatly annoying with “sunder everything” abilities :unamused:).

Callagadra (potions are in the video, no Aether Clusters and healpots, kiting. Interrupts its sunder attacks frequently, hence BWC stacking is less effective).

Crate boss (potions are in the video, no healpots, one tactical Aether Cluster, kiting).

Clones of Bourbon (potions are in the video, no Aether Clusters and healpots).

Crucible? No, thanks. Maybe another time :face_with_monocle:.

It was Chaos Infernal Knight Pyromancer. Good build with great AoE and decent single-target damage, easy to manage :slightly_smiling_face:. Did you like/dislike it? Feel free to comment.

Have fun!

14 Likes

I must reserve this post! :angry:

I see Chaos Pyromancer…

2 Likes

I got a fire pyromancer, whacha gonna do about it?

So u dont have any weapon dmg, but u use solael pantttttttt??? Seriously???

solael pants come with default resists, doubt it’s for the lifesteal, (and are easy to farm)

then why not use a common equip with thunderstruck or some defend fixes else?

because less stats?
more bothersome to obtain?
no idea which reason Will had but seems like there is several possible just to start
given your post history however, i don’t really think you’re looking for actual reasons or debate

Yeap, I’m just teaching. Time for class, bro.

Precisely, Im finding some idea to build something new, but nothing.

Which the standard is, SR 75+76, in 9min. Thats base.

maybe one day when you have actual knowledge to impart, and don’t need basic stat pointers

maybe one day, but not today.

Solael pants were taken because I needed Reduced Freeze Duration, lifesteal is small but nice bonus (as was written in main topic). And I can farm them reliably as well as Dreeg-Sect ones. If I had great Grava’Thul leggings (with +3 to Agonising Flames), I would use them, of course. For now, however, that is what I have.

1 Like

Hello! :slightly_smiling_face:

In 1.1.9.4 the build is the same in terms of gear, only with some minor nerfs:

• Rare Suffix - Dranghoul: reduced % Health Regen to 20%
  • The Infernal Champion Set: increased % Health bonus to 14% and % Total Speed bonus to 14%. Reduced Burn damage on the skill proc. Increased Chaos damage modifier for Judgment to 80-350 and removed its Conversion modifier.
  • Behemoth: reduced % Health Regen to 30%
  • Obelisk of Menhir: increased % All Retaliation damage to 120%, Armor to 210, Defensive Ability to 70, % Defensive Ability to 6% and % Shield Damage Blocked to 40%
  • Scales of Ulcama: reduced Health Regen to 18

As you noticed, all nerfs are related to Health Regen. But since our main sustain is Bat constellation accompanied by Sigils of Consumption, this is not a big deal.

1 Like

Simple,powerful,easy to play. I’m just returning and will give a try to this build.

What do you think of a devotion build that would use revenant,korvak(sun eldritch),aeon and imp (no choice)- instead of scale,solemn watcher,lantern,panther and obelisk part ?

Have a fun time incinerating everything in dark flames! :slightly_smiling_face:

Like this? Well, you do not need Revenant - Agonizing Flames modifier of BwC already provides flat RR. Also, your Energy regen is too low, Scales are much needed. Not too many skills for devotions is also kinda bad. Especially for Aeon. You can just made another build in process to fit everything mentioned above :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Instead of converted Bat going even deeper into Health regen, use cooldown BwC?.. Maybe you will be able to figure out something new. In any case - good luck, experiments are always great :+1:.

Oh,damn,i forgot flat res on black water cocktail…

Well the idea was to play around Korvak petrify and get more damage,Aeon was more here to provide the very good CC resist and the reflected damage reduce than it’s own power…

But you are right, there is not enough sustain and revenant is redundant…i will work on it a bit more.
Thank you!

1 Like

Good afternoon! :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is what 1.1.9.6 patch brought for this build:

• Mythical Infernal Knight’s Girdle: increased % Health to 8% and removed % Crit damage
  • Solemn Watcher: increased Physique to 25 and % Defensive Ability to 5%
  • Vindictive Flame: increased Health Regeneration scaling with rank
  • Ulzuin’s Wrath: increased base % Retaliation added to Attack to 5% and increased its scaling with rank to 12% by rank 12, 16% by max ultimate rank

Crit damage loss is unpleasant, the rest has minor impact. The build I use now. Basic items are the same with different affixes (except for pants, but it is changeable slot anyway). And I made an attribute reshuffle, with another mobility glyph. Other than that - nothing new. Have fun! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello there! :slightly_smiling_face:

What happened to the build in 1.1.9.7?

• Ulzuin’s Wrath: increased base % Retaliation added to Attack by 2%. % Attack damage Converted to Health now scales with rank, scaling up to 20% by rank 12, 25% by max ultimate rank.
  • Aspect of the Guardian: increased base % Physical Resist by 2% and increased % All Retaliation damage scaling with rank

So nothing game-breaking :slightly_smiling_face:. Thanks!

Greetings!

This is 1.1.9.8 build update:

• The Infernal Champion Set: increased Burn damage and its Duration on the skill proc
  • Mythical Infernal Knight’s Faceguard: increased Burn damage modifier for Blackwater Cocktail to 110 / 3s
  • Mythical Infernal Knight’s Jacket: added 45 Defensive Ability
  • Behemoth: increased % Health to 8% and increased % Health for pets to 12%. Added 4% Physical Resist for pets.
  • Sailor’s Guide: added 15% Fire Resist and increased % Run Speed to 10%
  • Scales of Ulcama: increased % Health to 6%, Health to 250 and % Run Speed to 6%
  • Solael’s Witchfire: increased Defensive Ability to 40
  • Solemn Watcher: replaced % Cold Resist with 18% Chaos Resist
  • Blackwater Cocktail: sped up damage tic rate by ~20%
  • Demon Fire: reduced Energy Cost scaling with rank
  • Agonizing Flames: reduced Energy Cost scaling with rank
  • Sigil of Consumption: increased Vitality Decay damage scaling with rank

The build was adjusted accordingly by moving points from Physique to Spirit, since we now have uptimeable ~3.000 DA and more damage/energy regen would not hurt :slightly_smiling_face:. The GT link was updated. Have fun!