[1.1.9.2-1.1.9.6] Bullseye - Evoker of Elgoloth Vindicator | SR75-76 | CR ~4:30 | Ravager | Crate

We’re back! Evoker of Elgoloth took a couple nerfs in 1.1.9.6 PT to go along with buffs to passthrough WPS. In the small amount of time I’ve had to play since release I’ve been tinkering. I was further pushed because some poor dude on reddit was trying to kill supers with the old offensive setup in 1.1.9.6 and that just doesn’t work anymore. However the usual reddit advice of 8,000,000 DA minimum was being tossed around so let’s correct that again while we are at it.

In game (apologies about fashion, it’s a disaster but I haven’t bothered updating yet)
evoker

1.1.9.6 GT: Vindicator, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

We swap Ludrigan helm for Korvaak, grab some solael pants (ideally with a vitality roll), and shop or relatively easy farm for a living ring (xyz of the hurricane, prefix is less important). Devos drop tempest for now and go spear for Ravager, although I’d go Korvaak in SR when the crit OA threshold is not an issue.

More points into feral hunger and less into chilling rounds now.

In general we grab a bunch more HP while keeping a damage heavy focus so we can kill nasty stuff via buffer and leech.

SR75-76 (6:34) 1.1.9.6 Evoker Vindi SR75-76 - YouTube

Ravager (:58 via banana) Eard's Evoker Vindicator vs Ravager [9.6, high winrate] - 0:58 - YouTube

Crate (:45) 1.1.9.6 Evoker Vindi Crate kill - YouTube

Someone with more patience can try Cally, I don’t do that fight

Ta da!

Old

Evoker of Elgoloth had quite the rollercoaster in 1.1.9.2 public test. The crossbow had always brought considerable single target damage, but early in test struggled greatly with AoE, making it workable for SR and pretty awful for crucible. Then it got full time passthrough, and the world was upheaved for a patch. It finally settled on it’s current iteration with a unique WPS passthrough mechanic to storm spread. Can’t be abused by upheaval passthrough scaling, and storm spread caps at a 30% chance. Wind devil changes and storm spread now cover AoE needs.

Did I mention it hits hard? Cause it’s out here getting revenge for years of Grava terror upon lightning AA builds

W/buffs
all buffs

Damage layout: Vindicator, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
Defensive layout: Vindicator, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

This is a super flexible platform. I made about 10 tabs in GT and tested 4-5 of them with higher numbers. Thematically I still enjoy Ludrigan helm for lightning chilling rounds even if it doesn’t have passthrough now. In test after full passthrough removal, upheaval secondary focus was better, but I also found about 15% more flat damage for this approach that even out the crucible times. The build can also go more defensive while keeping most of the crazy single target damage.

So doing the gear section a bit different this time

The Needs:
Weapon: Evoker, wouldn’t be here otherwise
Medal: Korvaak. Savagery damage and adcth mods
Necklace: Stormseer. This is actually a storm spread build and not savagery. We wanna nuke shit when storm spread procs
Relic: Eye of the Storm. Really can’t beat it for shaman lightning damage

That’s really it for what Id’ consider hard requirements. The rest is going to be up to your offense vs defense standards and what kind of overcaps you want to rock.

Helm: Thematically I like Ludrigan. Stats are nice as well. Korvaak helm is also a great play, and 3 piece with Ultos helm is an option as well.

Rings: I prefer 2x glyph of kelphat’zoth, as they bring the most damage and we can cap attack speed still with decent rolls. That said depending on other gear choices you’ll have resist holes. Arcane seal is a solid choice as well, bringing similar unbuffed damage while dropping a bit from peak.

Chest: Ultos for damage, now with flat and triggered 2 piece bonus with shoulders. Fateweaver is also a strong defensive choice here and will help resists, along with considerably more physical res, at the cost of damage.

Legs: I like Arcane Currents here but a well rolled MI set of pants works fine as well, the skill points aren’t mandatory. Phys res is needed and poison resist is also tough on this build to cap

Belt: I prefer arcanoweave for +1 all. Storm Shepard is an option although damage is a bit of a wash without +1 inquisitor. Shaman MI belt would work too but who wants to farm that.

Boots: Wyrmscale help cap out stun res. If you’ve made other gear swaps, Stormtitans are nice for HP pool, or Stormbearers if you want the phys res and bump up maelstrom. Could also just go stoneplate for resistance holes

Gloves: Cindertouch for damage thanks to the addition of attack speed. Light’s defender for better resist coverage. Eyeballing the current setup I felt Cindertouch + Arcane Seal was worth more than Light’s Defender + 2x kelphat. We partially convert the cinderwind procs

Shoulders: Ultos unless you’ve considerably changed the setup. Stats we want and +3 savagery.

3-4 crafted gear slots. Stun and slow res if they aren’t near cap due to bad rolls, otherwise physique to get DA up.

Skills:
Skill distribution is focused on max AA damage and ease of play. No totems, only Word of Renewal, Inquisitor Seal, and Wind Devils. Storm spread is maxed, chilling rounds has investment, and we hit up the extra phys damage in Mogdrogen’s Pact in 1.1.9.2. For more AoE pull points from chilling rounds or mog pact and cap maelstrom. Steal a couple points from either for wendigo totem for more survivability, or add to WoR first node for better heal and defensive ability if you’re uncomfortable running ~2400DA.

I’ve purposefully gone with no upheaval here to see how it performs. Dropping any wps excluding storm spread and putting points into upheaval is also a great approach, but you’ll want to look for more OA on multiple item slots then.

Devotions:
Devo tree is heavy focus on lightning damage, taking Tempest and Ultos. Tempest AoE support is really good now with last round of test changes adding targets. Map also lets us take ghoul and elemental storm for additional RR. Remaining points try to fix up slow res. I normally prefer korvaak but had trouble fixing some stats with it in this setup.

Gameplay:
Keep wind devils up. Dash in, drop seal immediately, shoot. Depending on your storm spread procs things will go fast to loldeletebutton. You are a single target destroyer and with some luck can take down nemesis before they even get to use their trump card move. Packs can still be scary, reckless tempest on cooldown and a string of wps without storm spread can get you overwhelmed if playing aggressively.

SR75-76 ~7:41 (had just switched ring and left savagery +2 over overcap here. Also has 5 point chilling rounds and capped maelstrom, but differences are extremely minor during play)

Video

1.1.9.2 Evoker Vindi SR75-76 - YouTube

SR75-76 defensive setup ~8:14

Video

1.1.9.2 Evoker Vindi def version SR75-76 - YouTube

Crucible runs by @romanN1
4:23 with great mutators

Video

1192 Eard's Evoker Vindi (great muts) - YouTube

4:53 with super bad mutators

Video

1192 Eard's Evoker Vindi (horrible muts) - YouTube

1:15 Ravager of Flesh w/ defensive setup

Video

1.1.9.3 Evoker Vindi vs Ravager of Flesh (1:15) - YouTube

~:50 Crate w/ defensive setup. Probably faster if you know what you’re doing

Video

1.1.9.3 Evoker Vindi vs Crate - YouTube

26 Likes

Did Grava forgot he can use null? From experience it usually takes like five seconds for him to use it after aggroing him, i have never seen twenty seconds (more like fifteen to be fair) passing without him using it. He even uses the wing flap attack and double punch twice without using any null in between.

Outside of that, guess i can ressurect my Evoker Vindicator. I was gonna bring it back with Evoker giving passthrough to Savagery, but then Zantai literally murdered it. Thankfully, passthrough to Storm Spread seemed to allowed it to exist in some form.

1 Like

I’ve only played SR this patch after over a year (maybe?) of not touching it and I’ve never seen grava do his null once on 2 builds I used. Zantai probably lengthened the timing before he uses it.

So Cruc gets the non-null Grava that gets backed up by other Nemeses, SR gets the Grava with the longest null intervals but has the highest health pool and i assume damage, and main campaign gets weakest in terms of stats but null spamming Grava. Seems balanced.

May be from having swift mutator and a bunch of stun procs. Normally it’s korvaak proc causing the fun but I’ve seen it mess with nemesis attack patterns before. I was expecting the null bolt on what turned out to be the red swings at the end. Don’t think he normally swings 3x in the middle of his pattern.

Recorded a shattered SR75-76 run with the defensive setup: Fateweaver chest, 1 point wendigo totem, physique investment. For most folks this would be the recommended path unless you’re looking for all the damage as it does feel safer during aggressive play

No green mafia :scorv:
Was gonna ask about Cyclone helmet, but you can’t switch medal and go 3piece anyways and Ludrigan has +1 all skills. Though I wonder if Chilling Rounds is a dps increase or not.

Does the bonus to pets stats on ring affect character stats? I thought it was for pets only?

The pets stats do indeed only affect pets, but the base stats and the lightning flat+% granted skill proc apply to the player

I would not be surprised at all if the storm spread + upheaval approach is still stronger, but sometimes I’m a sucker for style. Converted chilling rounds is noticeable damage over the other filler WPS but all the other chilling rounds WD mods are also blocked :frowning:

1 Like

That’s what I thought but you mentioned

Which confused me because I assumed you meant rings have AS, so I figured pet stats applies to character ones; but I understand now, you mean despite rings not having AS, with good rolls on other gear AS is capped. My bad lol.

1 Like

Added Ravager of Flesh kill, 1:15 w/ defensive setup

edit: and crate

2 Likes

This build looks great! Lightning is my favourite damage type, haven’t done a ranged build for it yet. Levelling a Vindicator (Primal Strike lol, it’s so easy) for this right now. Is there a reason that this build isn’t in the build compendium?

1 Like

I’m lazy and forget to post things there

1 Like

Guys this build is seriously fun. Storm Spread proc is one of the most devastating and amazing WPS in the game! Bumping this so people can see it, and hopefully @eardianm submits build to the compendium!

1 Like

Hello everyone. First I want to say thank you for this very nice forum. Playing GD for a few months now I benefited a lot from it. Just discovered this build, I was wondering about leveling. A rough discription of which class first, skillpoints and order of the devotions would be very nice.

2 Likes

Hard to go wrong with Primal Strike. There’s a ranged gun (Ugdenbog Sparkthrower) that is great for it. Rush for Aura of Censure, invest one point in the passives (not WPS, they don’t proc off of Primal Strike). Get Wind devils for more rr, and seal for some damage absorb.

1 Like

Thank you for first aid, I will try and find out what´s working…will keep you updated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh yeah if it’s your first char, getting the Sparkthrower will not be until later. You can always use melee Primal Strike or find a different gun. Enjoy!

1 Like

78% Passthrough, baby. I wonder how well something like this tests out compared to the original setup? You can use whatever devotion set-up you want, I want to see how maxing out both Storm Spread and Chilling Rounds does now that both of them are pass-through.

2 Likes

Definitely has potential to go up, might beat upheaval investment versions now if test patch holds!

1 Like