[1.1.9.4] (Non-Morgo) 2H Cold SS+ABB with Soulrend + Silver Sentinel - Same Setup with both Infiltrator and Spellbreaker. SR 85(ish)

Cold kills slowly, like falling into sleep…

Hi everyone, I wanted to make a build with Soulrend weapon, and ofc it’ll be a cold build. BH was my first choice(that’s the topic of a different thread since it’s not that good either) but this is a shadow strike based thread. I’m also creating this thread as comparison so I can provide a proper feedback about Soulrend weapon.

Go below to see Spellbreaker section

PS: Gear choices made to utilize both SS and ABB in the best possible way so I won’t define them for BiS or not but for this setup everything is necessary including affixes and relic completion bonus. The only thing you can change is maybe amulet if you can get both elemental and bleeding resistances. For example you can use Ellena necklace in Spellbreaker for more damage but defense will suffer a lot.

INFILTRATOR

Image from the game with perma buffs + LA and PB.

Amulet and Gloves crafted with stun resist.

1.3 sec SS / 1.4 sec ABB

GRIMTOOLS

SR 75-76 Complete Runs

Made two runs with different mutators to show the comparison more clearly.

With resistant mutator;

Neutral mutators;

SR 85 Complete Run With a few deaths.

Kuba was tough but it’s killable with some kiting.

SPELLBREAKER

Image from the game with perma buffs + LA and PB.

Amulet and Gloves crafted with stun resist.

1.1 sec SS / 1.2 sec ABB

GRIMTOOLS

SR 75-76 Complete Runs

Made two runs with different mutators to show the comparison more clearly.

With resistant mutator;

Neutral mutators;

SR 85 Complete Run With a few deaths.

Build hardly kills Moosilauke in this level, didn’t bother to get Kuba.

My thoughts on which is better :

• Infiltrator obviously has better damage since tooltip damage and CDR difference isn’t that big to cover that extra %25 RR. I also find it better among crowds, I guess constant %15 RR with good AoE provides more defense againts small hits than Maiven. Also Seal helps a lot againts small hits. It’s important in such low armored builds.

• Stats are pretty close, Spellbreaker has more OA and crit damage and more frostborn damage. Spellbreaker is also better in boss rooms, extra CDR and other slightly better stats get the edge on in longer fights I suppose but ofc having Maiven and Mirror can’t be ignored.

Feedback for Devs : Please change physical>cold conversion on the weapon with something else, it’s totally useless. You can make it acid>cold which won’t break any other Soulrend setup I suppose. It also won’t buff Morgo since set already has acid>cold on SS.

Also I think frostburn damage on weapon should be buffed and %100-150 increased duration on frostburn should be added.

Thanks for reading, any comment & feedback is welcome

8 Likes