[1.1.9.6] S&B Melee Chaos Righteous Fervor Sentinel - SR 85 / Ravager of Minds

Hi everyone, this time it’s a kinda rework. This build done by @XandeRoot before but I wanted to share my version of it.

PS: This is not a whole guide but merely a showcase

Image from the game with perma buffs, RF stacks, Abominable Might and Dying God procs

Dagger, Helmet, Amulet and Boots are crafted with slow resist.

:damage_chaos:GRIMTOOLS:damage_chaos:

SR 75-76 Complete Run

SR 85 Complete Run

Ravager of Minds Kill

No changes maded. Used health, OA, Bleeding resist and armor consumables. Added Aether Cluster on the skill bar but didn’t needed.

Thanks for reading, any comment & feedback is welcome

9 Likes

Yep, far as pure melee action goes, this version is definitely better: rank 24 RF, maxed Smite, SS and Rebuke… Oh and by the way, I also maxed Safeguard once it got % all damage - now it’s totally worth the investment.

One thing though: I would pull points from Volcanic Stride and Retribution as they don’t do much (you don’t proc anything with VM, do you?), put one point in Resilience and the other in Ascension probably.

2 Likes

Yeah Volcanic Stride is not needed but retribution adds small chaos damage to tooltip and resilience is on sweet spot, next sweet spot is 11/12 though ofc those points can be utilized on Ascension but neither of them make big difference so :nerd_face:

Hm, I was thinking more of 4% max res at rank 9, but if you say so… =)

Hey i´m new to Grim dawn and currently level ~30 Sentinel. I had a simiarl melee retatilation build in my mind.

One key question:

1. why don´t you pick “dreegs approach” to covnert righteous ferour physic damage into acid damage, as well as fire damage into vitality damage?
    Ißm not sure in which order the game calculates anythign yet. But i assumed your acid devotion bonuses and other bonuses should all target acid/vitality buffs or not?

2. I guess you do wear an item that makes question 1) obsolet , as it converts your damaage into chaos damage and is therefore essentiell for the build.

If i dotn ahve this item, would the in 1) descriped skill point to covnert my damage into vitality and acid be okish and work or be nonsense?

Because this is a chaos damage build. What is on your mind is something else, you should check “acid retaliation” builds by the search bar.

Thannks. I was primarily interested in doing a melee focused build. ideally based around “righeosu ferour” + “soleaos witchfire” AA buffs, whhich also trigger all those passivs of the oathkeeper melee bonuses.

Even though i noticed “shattering smash”, as well as “tectonic shift” heavenly favor trauma damage, and not acid/fire ones .