[1.1.9.7 - 1.2.0.3] Symbols Unreadable - Runebinder Cold/Fire hybrid Deceiver [sr+][vid]

Hello and welcome to my new build topic! :slightly_smiling_face:

I have some free time to share another build. It was a reserve in case my Chaos Pets Deceiver failed miserably. But it succeeded, so Runebinder was forgotten for a long time. Until now.

The Deceiver class concept is very flexible. If you do not mind, I will quote myself:

So now Inquisitor is main and Occultist is support. It is especially important for Runebinder because it requires a lot of skillpoints invested, both Runes, Seal, WoR, AA skills, AoC, Artifact Handling etc.

And I wanted exactly Cold/Fire hybrid, it makes sense looking at skills set supports - Rune of Hagarrad (Cold) and Rune of Kalastor (Fire). But also we have an autoattack for sustain. Throw delayed bombs and Seals everywhere, shoot stragglers. Sounds fun :grinning:.

Or not? Let us find out!

1. Grimtools link.

Originally I wanted to use Ultos + Ulzuin route but it did not satisfy me (Fire Damage was much less than Cold). So Blind Sage one was chosen, with more RR (Crown against Revenant). We have all instruments needed for 2H Ranged AA Elemental build - Ghoul, Viper, Kraken, Hydra, also Tortoise and Crab for extra defense. You may notice that our Lightning Damage is also not that bad, but it is still a Cold/Fire hybrid mostly.

2. In-game character stats.
1.2.0.3_RCFHD_general_stats
general stats, only passive buffs, BoD and WoR are active. Damage Per Second is for Runic Bolts

1.2.0.3_RCFHD_magic_stats
magic stats

1.2.0.3_RCFHD_defense_stats
defense stats

3. Gear/Build explanation.
As much + to Inquisitor and its crucial skills as we can - this is the criteria for gear chosen. Occultist abilities are good enough to be at base values.

1. Core items.
    Set. The Runebinder. A bunch of skillpoints to RoH and RoK, modifiers to them (Hagarrad is cool :laughing:, Kalastor lacks creativity :roll_eyes:), good RR modifier to Inquisitor Seal, huge %CDR and skillcost reduction, an okay AA for sustain. Set has only 3% Phys Res and desperately needs more Health, it is too glassy sometimes. Anyway, it does its job.
  2. Mandatory items.
    Rings. Reign of Ice and Fire. Exactly what we need :slightly_smiling_face:. Fire/Cold Damage, %Total Speed, %OA, +4 to Artifact Handling so that we can hardcap it, nice proc with free lifesteal. Craftable.
    Medal. Malmouth Badge of the Elements. Fire/Cold Damage, points to RoH, OA/DA, %Pierce Res, even some protection against Aetherials. Good and easy-to-get item.
    Gloves. Runesigned Handguards. %Elemental Damage, huge %DA (most important), nice %AS/CS values, some points to Chilling Rounds do not hurt.
    Boots. Earthshatter Treads. Good defensive Fire/Physical boots with RoK points, %Phys Res, %Petrify Res, flat DA. Granted skill is not used.
    Pants. Solael-Sect Legguards. Lifesteal, %Bleed Res, %Freeze Res. Look for %Pierce and Slow Res, Health first.
  3. Can be changed.
    Relic. Bane. Great Inquisitor slot with %Elemental Damage, lifesteal, %OA and nice healing proc. If you want more RR and DA - Ignaffar’s Combustion is your alternative.
    Belt. Scales of Beronath. I took it because of Seal skillpoints and %Pierce Res. Some good-rolled Ugdenbog Waistguard might beat it.

Craft with Reduced Stun Duration (bonus is provided by Malmouth blacksmith in Steelcap District) and Slow Res (blacksmith near Azaleon Shrine). My helmet and one of rings have %Stun Res, other ring with %Slow.

About Resistance Reduction. Total amount is ~112% for Cold and Fire (-25% from CoF modifier, -29% from AoC, -26% from modified Inquisitor Seal and flat 32 from Rhowan’s Crown constellation) plus 20% from Viper constellation, so it can vary. Okay amounts :slightly_smiling_face:. Damage is not a problem, but heavy Physical fighters (Kuba, Maiden, Gargabol, SR Theodin and Korvaak etc), sometimes Fabius are. And do not catch Alex meteors! Build is pretty glassy (but damaging).

4. Gameplay.
Debuff everything with CoF, throw many RoK and RoH under enemies (when facetanking) or on your way ahead (when kiting, Callagadra taught me that :grin:), shoot in-between. Inquisitor Seal for facetanking/debuffing tough targets, uptime/heal through BoD and WoR. Amatok’s Breath for movement out of danger (or in :rofl:). Seems a bit piano-like, but manageable.

5. Videos.
Mad Queen.

Kra’Vall.

Lokarr.

Morgoneth.

SR 76 full (why not?)

Avatar of Mogdrogen (old video) (potions are in the video, no Aether Clusters/healpots used, facetanking).

Ravager of Flesh (potions are in the video, no Aether Clusters, occasional healpots, kiting. Pretty tough fight, hits hard in melee and fast - bad boss for this build :frowning_face:).

Callagadra (I just went crazy after Ravager :crazy_face:. The fight was only slightly easier thanks to open area but any mistake is fatal. Manage your runes properly, they have activation time! Potions are in the video, Aether Clusters on second phase to accelerate the fight, occasional healpots, kiting).

Crate I hate this boss of Entertainment (potions are in the video, one Aether Cluster, occasional healpots, kiting (of course). Why did I even do that?..)

Clones of Bourbon (potions are in the video, no Aether Clusters and healpots)

Glass Cannon. The build is just this. I prefer more durable ones. But some portion of fun I had indeed (not until Crate :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:).

Anyway thanks for reading and future comments :grinning:. Stay safe and happy!

8 Likes

I want nothing more than this post.

Excellent build here @Willnoword! Whenever I see Dual Damage I can’t smash that like button fast enough!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Cool build! I really like the optimization and thorough testing.

3 Likes

Wilnoword I’m wondering how busy are you anyways to help me pwr level all of my characters to 100?, would you mind if you’d could help me farm for the gear for this 1yr old build of yours? is it still viable in 2023 since you’d only made it in 022 and all? peace out take care then.

Hi, no offense and it’s none of my business, but IMO the levelling process gives you a good oversight of build strenghts/shortcomings. I think you’ll easily be out-bored you start from lv 100 already and additionally you wont understand in (a lot of) cases why you die

1 Like

dude I’m not a hard core GD player nor a veteran that’d knw the mechanics well enough to knw the shortcuts for fast leveling, I don’t spend the kind time to spend to level to 100 on my own nor is there enough people to level w since a lot of them, that’re on Ult mode already nor as many open games to join, since nearly every one of such GD MP mode games is locked, if you’d were me would you rather find someone that’d can help w leveling anyways!? peace.

I’m not a hardcore gamer either :smiley: I dont even get the time to play on weekly base! I just want to point out, that to understand game mechanics (and GD is not easy zt all!) you will get way more benefit to level yourself. And if you really want to be lv100, there are multiple builds that offer a download link for the end game char. Perhaps that’s the most easy way to start from 100

Since you want powerleveling and gear maybe consider generating a character from Grim Tools with this [Tool] Get Grim Dawn

thanks but I’m on Xbox not PC till that tool you’d mentioned becomes XBX yet SCEA platform available to those that’s on the Sony game system, it’s useless to me the tool you’d just mentioned to me 4m ago and all too.

I do not do that, sorry. Yes, the build is still viable since there was no new patch.

Greetings!

This is 1.1.9.8 build update:

• Reduced monster % Fire Resist by 2% on Elite and Ultimate difficulty
  • Mythical Scales of Beronath: added % Elemental Dot damage and increased Offensive Ability to 80
  • The Runebinder Set: increased % Offensive Ability bonus to 8%. Increased Fire damage modifier for Rune of Kalastor to 155.
  • Blind Sage: increased % Elemental Dot damage to 250%. Added 4% Physical Resist and reduced Offensive Ability to 115.
  • Kraken: increased Health to 500
  • Quill: increased Health to 100
  • Solael’s Witchfire: increased Defensive Ability to 40

The build is up-to-date. Have fun!

Hi! :slightly_smiling_face:

The topic build should be updated in 1.2.0.3. Here are buffs/nerfs:

• Ghoul: increased Health Regeneration to 16 and % Health Regeneration to 30%
  • Hydra: added 6% Run Speed and 6% Max Run Speed
  • Raven: reduced Energy Regeneration to 1.0 and increased Lightning damage for pets to 9
  • Arcane Barrier: increased Absorption scaling with rank
  • Ghoulish Hunger: added % Increased Healing (Forgotten Gods only) and added % Cast Speed
  • Blood of Dreeg: reduced Cooldown to 12s and increased Duration to 60s. Increased Energy Cost and Health Regeneration scaling with rank. Increased % Heal at scaling at ultimate ranks.
  • Bursting Round: increased base % Weapon damage by 15%
  • Chilling Rounds: increased base % Weapon damage by 5%
  • Inquisitor Seal: increased Energy Cost scaling with rank
  • Null Field: redesigned to support 2h weapon playstyles
  • Storm Spread: increased base % Weapon damage by 3% and increased Electrocute damage scaling with rank
  • Word of Renewal: increased Duration to 60s. Increased Energy Cost and Heal scaling with rank. Increased % Heal scaling at ultimate ranks.

To meet increased danger of sundered bosses across all GD and hold, Murmur and Solael’s Witchblade constellation were replaced with Tortoise and Crab. But still damage is not bad, and defense is definitely better. Took another pair of boots to equalize %Fire and %Cold Damage stats. Also, now we can cast Seals often without much effort :slightly_smiling_face:. Looking forward for set updates too! Anyway, new GT link and videos except for Mogdrogen were added to main topic.

Until next time!