(1.2.0.3) Purifying Cairn - HC Beginner RoK+Grenado Purifier - Leveling guide

Hello there again, GD community!

I began working on a beginner purifier build some time ago, and after many days of abstinence (yeah, moving to another city really messed up with my life :rofl:) , i finally finished it.

My goals were a safe (HC), end-game capable char (good single target damage, good AoE damage) with a dynamic playstyle, all of our gear are target-farmable MI, faction, purchasable and craftable items.

The char turned out to be very fun to play, RoK skill can feel a little clunky to play at the beginning, but it’s a great and powerful skill. This build can farm totens very quickly since from the start, just make sure planting 3 or 4 runes near the totem before activating it.

Char have many RR sources and many healing sources too, (not mentioing the two fail-safe skills) so you can tank a lot even without inquisitor seal (build requires a lot of running around :rofl:)

Actual char Purifier, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Leveling Guide

Lvl 1-10 Inquisitor, Level 10 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

I started as Inquisitor. Spent points on Word of pain and on the mastery bar. Don’t forget to spend some points on storm box of elgoloth and lightning tether for singe target damage.

Lvl 10-20 Inquisitor, Level 20 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

When you get our main damaging skill, respec your points of storm box and lightning tether and start spending them on RoK and ignition. On devotions, complete the quill and scholar’s light.

Lvl 20-30 Inquisitor, Level 30 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

When you reach Cronley’s Hideout Grim Dawn World Map, search for “moneybags” Martin Grim Dawn World Map for a important leveling MI, the Martin's Crest - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database. Max out Artifact Handling on inquisitor’s mastery and after this spend all your points on the mastery bar until you get Aura of Censure and start maxing it ASAP. On devotions, complete the Rhowan’s crown and bind its proc to WoP.

Lvl 30-40 Purifier, Level 40 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Start spending points on demolitionist’s mastery bar. On this Lvl you should be getting close to finish the vanilla campaign. I farmed another excellent leveling MI Obsidian Bulwark - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database on Bastion of Chaos Grim Dawn World Map . When you’re on your way to malmouth, be sure to pay a visit to Ancient Grove Grim Dawn World Map and farm Vilgazor's Heart - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database also, buy a Bargoll's Heart - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database from Vinelton in his shop. On devotions, complete the dryad (spend some points on grenado and bind its proc to it) and Tortoise. Be sure to make alliance with the Outcast faction.

Lvl 40-50 Purifier, Level 50 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

On Lvl 50 i started Elite difficulty. Make sure to cap resistances and complete the chariot of the dead and viper devotion. Start spending points on Flame Touched, Thermite Mine and Blast Shield.

Lvl 50-60 Purifier, Level 60 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Max out RoK and Ignition. Remember to upgrade your gear and to check your resistances. On devotions, finish Solael’s witchblade (bind its proc to WoP and bind the Rhowan’s crown proc to RoK), Behemoth and Ulzuin Torch’s (bind its proc to thermite mine)

Lvl 60-70 Purifier, Level 70 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

I started Ultimate difficulty on Lvl70. Complete the Demolitionist’s mastery bar and max Grenado and flame touched. Don’t forget to cap resistances and upgrade your gear if needed.

Lvl 70-80 Purifier, Level 80 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Make your way trough Vanilla, AoM and FG campaigns, don’t forget activate all totens that you find on the way. Max Ulzuin’s Chosen and start spending points on Deadly Aim and Word of Renewal.

Lvl 80-90 Purifier, Level 92 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

On this Lvl, you should be rushin’ to get revered with the factions (don’t forget to buy their boosters to speed things up :sweat_smile:)

Lvl 94 Purifier, Level 94 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Time to begin our endgame gear farming. Start farming Chosen Visage - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database and Korvan Armor - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database on FG DLC, you can farm your pants Dreeg-Sect Legguards - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database near Devil’s Crossing and craft your Boots Stoneplate Greaves - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database and Gloves Emberguard Gauntlets - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database on Blacksmith (another good choices if you don’t have their blueprints yet are Elite Legion Greaves - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database and Elite Harvest Handguards - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database) . Your rings, belt, weapon and amulet can be upgraded on Ancient Grove. While farming your endgame shield, be patient until you get IMMOVABLE, DURABLE, ENDURING or KEEPER’S prefix for a high boost on physical resistance. Remember to craft your endgame relic too (i continued with annihilation) buy your shoulder armor Elite Outcast's Burning Pauldrons - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database on fort ikon.

When i hit Lvl 100 i first went to farm Korvaak to get an even better helm for us, the Horns of Korvaak - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database .

Now you’re able to farm Totems, all the skeleton key dungeons and their bosses! Good Farming!

(1.2.0.3) Purifying Cairn - HC Beginner RoK+Grenado Purifier - Leveling guide x Theodin Marcell

(1.2.0.3) Purifying Cairn - HC Beginner RoK+Grenado Purifier - Leveling guide x Korvaak

(1.2.0.3) Purifying Cairn - HC Beginner RoK+Grenado Purifier - Leveling guide x Morgoneth

(1.2.0.3) Purifying Cairn - HC Beginner RoK+Grenado Purifier x Mad Queen

(1.2.0.3) Purifying Cairn - HC Beginner RoK+Grenado Purifier - Leveling guide x kra’vall

TY all for reading!

4 Likes

Great build, my friend! I’m running a new toon and having a lot of fun with it.
One thing that’s unusual about it is the lack of Inquisitor’s Seal which is a staple of Inq builds. Why did you decide to ditch it?

2 Likes

hi! ty for the reply! I didn’t use Inq seal because i wanted a “mobile bomberman” :smile: you can use the inq seal if you want, just sacrifice some points of another skills. But in the end you really won’t need it, since we have turtle shell proc and blast shield, in addition to many healing sources.

1 Like

Awsome build ! finnished the game on HC with it thanks for building it. Looking forward to mre builds from u in the future. Peace

1 Like

Hello again Ralf! I’ve got a little question for you - how does this build compare to the fire caster Sorcerer one you’ve made for 1.1.9.8? I finally have some free time on my hands so I decided to try it out since I’ve had quite a lot of fun with your Purifier.

1 Like

hey there! well, tbh, i felt that sorc being more durable than the purifier. But if you’re playing on SC, the purifier can deal more damage (have more RR sources)