2H acid righteous fervor?

I’ve been wanting to make one of these for a while with the Korvan Eldritch Halberd MI, and now that Guardian’s Gaze is so sweet it seems like the perfect time. Any thoughts on how this would go in SR/Crucible? And…Dervish or Sentinel?

edit: basically what I’m asking is whether or not acid righteous fervor is worth building a character around, especially with that MI

I tried it with dreeglanore after 1.1.5 with Rata but sadly when Dreeglanore was buffed it was still not enough and rata got nerfed in 1.1.5.1

I would not call a few % to some devotions that much of a nerf.

However, Imho that particular MI is better suited for normal RF (non-rata), as it doesn’t offer anything in the way of rata bonuses.

I took a crack at what might work for that MI: RF 2H Korvan Dervish. Basically 3-piece Deathguard for some more phys resist and some convert.

I’m not that familiar with 2H nightblade, though. Skills/attributes/equipment would be adjusted depending on what affixes are found on the MIs. (preferably OA affixes needed here). 2-piece (head, chest) of venomblade set might also work for this concept.

I’ve made it when i was a potato. Haven’t updated it yet but certainly will. With buffs to devotions and greens it should be quite strong.

Nightshade’s Reach/Dreeg’alanore are last resorts here, I’m really building around this item:

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/13678

Why last resort? If you need a build specifically around that halberd you had to mention it in the title, perhaps.

Building around a green weapon is hard because stats vary so much. Also acid needs a lot of skill points to work. No skills from the weapon is tricky. It will most likely require some good green items.

But i believe it can be done. RF and specifically Retribution are somewhat underestimated.

I thought the first line was enough :sweat:

Acid’s one of the types I have the least experience with, last I experimented in 1.4 there wasn’t much support for it but the change to Guardian’s Gaze was fun enough to try again.

If you really wanted to milk Guardian’s gaze, you could probably test something like this: Chaos->acid 2H Krovan Dervish