2H MIs and +class skills

How do people feel about adding +1 all skills to a relevant class to most 2h MIs?

I’ve been tooling around with a couple of builds using 2h MI weapons and noticed that it’s very difficult to get decent skill levels compared to legendary-using builds, since the MIs don’t offer the typical +2 to one or both classes you can usually find on a build compatible legendary. In the case of 1h MIs you can still grab some plus skills with the other weapon/shield/off hand if you care to, but of course this is not an option with 2h.

I’d rather see build defining bonuses end up on the MIs to give them a niche to dominate. Legendaries already cover a lot of general cases with various +1 mastery.

1 Like

With the recent addition of +1 to skills in most green belts, I think it’s wise to keep that stat away from other items. Bloating the game with +1 to all skills is not healthy for balance. 2h MI weapons give a whooping +4 to relevant skills, anyway. I think they are in a better spot now.

1 Like

It’s hard to say. Some legendary weapons have +3 or even +4 so it’s hard to compete with them. But MI still could have niche or to act as backup options. Maybe buff some underperforming ones, instead of adding +1 class bonus?

I suggested skills just because it’s probably a little simpler than trying to rework the 2h MIs and their special bonuses, but agree that that would be a better and more interesting solution.

Regarding skill bloat- I don’t really see that as a problem because you can already get +class skills in the hand slot with other items. While well rolled MIs can offer the largest possible bonuses to certain skills (eg: korvan reaping halberd with of soulwarding gives +8 bone harvest), the problem here is how diverse the game is. It’s hard for the various possible skill use and damage type combos to find support when the items and affixes are giving bonuses only to one specific skill.