[1.0.1.1] DW Lightning Druid - The Frozen Lightning

#include <frozenLightning.h>
int main() {
~ Dual Wield Lightning Druid - The Frozen Lightning ~

This thread is made to response for this thread

May be the infamous Druid is more known from the Trozan Set / Build

This build show that DW Lightning Druid is still good and viable for clearing Ultimate

Videos :
~ Ultimate Fabius
~ Ultimate Fabius Cronley Run
~ Aetherial Mobs Flash Run

• If you don’t have Crystallum, you can use Empowered Lightning Rod or Stormheart

• Empowered Lightning Rod is better than Stormheart due to more AS and + to Savagery and Storm Touched skills (Check here)

• If you don’t have weapons above, you can try your luck crafting Lightning Exalted Dagger :

Craft it via Blacksmith “Enchanted Lightning Implement” :

• Run Speed is a bit slow, so if you have good boots with Run Speed or Of Haste or Of Featherstep suffixes, don’t hesitate to use it

• Good roll Cronley’s Ring with OA, Attack Speed, and Lightning Damage is good alternative if you don’t have Glyph of Kelphat’Zoth

• One advantage of using Druid is it has high Crit Damage from Stormcaller’s Pact + Elemental Balance, so we must stack good enough OA.
    Good roll Dreeg-Sect Legguards or perhaps a Wraithborne Legwraps for our Pants

• Phantom-Thread Girdle or Guthook Belt can be as alternative Belt.

• Any Gear/Skills/Devotion suggestion is very welcome :slight_smile:

Grimtools :
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28xep2j

• Press ‘S’ for Masteries and Devotion Tabs
  • Relic Completion Bonus : +1 to Blood Pact and +1 to Entangling Vines

Devotion in Grim Dawn is like a Puzzle and a bit tricky
There’s “Affinity Requirement” for Devo Constellation, also some bonuses after completing Constellation
You can refund spent devo points with Spirit Guide (Sahdina in Devils Crossing, Novi in Coven’s Refuge, or Rena in Malmouth Steelcap District) - cost Aether Crystals and some Iron Bits

*Note : Point can’t be refunded if the constellation has depedency with other constellation bonus

For devotions in this Lightning Druid, you can follow this order :
Crossroads Green
Crossroads Blue
Hawk
Scholar’s Light
Eel
Widow
Crossroads Purple
Wraith
Rhowan’s Crown
Crossroads Red
Viper
Jackal
Chariot of the Dead
Lizard
Solemn Watcher
Refund Scholar’s Light
Refund Crossroads Green
Refund Crossroads Red
Refund Crossroads Blue
3 Points Behemoth
3 Points Spear of the Heavens

If you follow the order, you should be able to complete it succesfuly :slight_smile:

Also some note for this Druid :
Since AoM release, Wind Devil’s Raging Tempest (Shaman Skills) now has %Elemental Resistance
It stacks with Elemental Storm’s Flat RR (Resistance Reduction)
You should allocate some points to Raging Tempest (12/12), just remove points from TSS
Resistance Reduction will boost your damage significantly
Like this : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EOpA3Z

May be if I have time later, I’ll try to update this build to level 100 setups and use Mythical Gears :slight_smile:

return 0;
}

~Reserved1~

~Reserved2~

~Reserved3~

There are definitely some decisions that I don’t agree with, but nice attempt.

i wouldnt have gone same way too, still seing OP builds i can say that he sure loves some gear that are always around, and not use MIs most players wont get, which is something often asked and appreciate
but and more important,
this build he posted is sure more than just an “attempt” which sound a bit rude imo.

Well, I’m open and welcome to any suggestions/advices.
Please let me know if you have better suggestions, gear, skills, or devotions :slight_smile:

Damn, didn’t mean to be rude or anything. It’s a working build and it’s decent since it kills Fabius and clears Ultimate. Sorry

Well, I’ve spent a lot of time optimizing my Druid (since it’s 1 out of 2 complete characters I have), and I have few general comments about your choices:

• Reckless Tempest is a decent chunk of damage for us, I would try and include it in our build
  • Healing devotions don’t really contribute to druid’s tankiness since we have a massive heal in a form of overcapped Wendigo (I suggest leaving 15/12 in it). So in general I would say it’s a waste for the build
  • I don’t agree with your amulet choice too. Yes attack speed is great, but you already have like a huge metric tonn of it. At this point you should try and test advantages of having more conversion/oa/da/resists in a form of Ultos Gem versus attack speed and +skills of Empowered Essence of Beronath
  • Heart of the Wild is optimal when it’s at 10/10
  • Do you really need Primal Spirit?
  • Storm Totem, in my opinion, only looks good on Light Defender Elementalist.

I will stop here, any extra suggestions would look like I am imposing my druid build :slight_smile:

@mad_lee
Please give me a modified grimtools, so I can easily try your suggestion :slight_smile:

I tried to build it around your gear choices. (Which are solid, except the amulet)

I still don’t understand why you are using Sky Shard tho.

Bind Mines to Savagery and Reckless Tempest to Vines. Spam vines frequently.

Thanks for the grimtools :slight_smile:
I tried your build suggestion, please pardon me, it’s a bit fragile and struggled hard when facing fabius (died)

The upside :
Binding Reckelss Tempest to Vines is a good idea, it procs well, and good for clearing trash (It is if we use Vines though)

The downside (again pls pardon me, this is result from my testing) :

• your decision changing Survivor’s Ingenuity and use Two Kymon’s Vision made it lost 4% DA. Turn out it susceptible to be Crit by Notched Bone (not to mention if he dual wield it) - remember Fabius has DA shred

• Ultos Gem as amulet, well I think I need to make you realize how important the Attack Speed if we use weapon attack based builds.

Even Two Handed Ultos builds is better with Conjurer or Elementalist, they have more AS and RR

Did you know that Crate downgrade AS cap? it was on 250% max.
Even they nerfed AS from Devotion Constellation, eg: Dire Bear AS removed.

If you wanna feel more than current vanilla Attack Speed / Run Speed, try Ceno’s Zenith, it has more than cap 200% AS and 135% RS

• Compare with the original setup, with your setup, the DPS loss around 4K (From 45K to 41K)

• Bonus Skill from Ultos Gem also useless, since we don’t use Primal Strike Line, in this case, +1 to all Skills is to good if we discard it

• You dropped Riftstone component. The Chaos Strike is mainly usefull for mobility.
    Druid itself is slow, when you lost ability to Blink, it make it worst. Well it’s matter of preference though.
    In this case, Warder or Trickster is better for DW or Two Handed Lightning Build, since they have their own ability for Blink.

• I see you use Raging Tempest for RR and saving devotion points.
    Imo, Elemental Storm is better, it’s RR last for 2 second compare with Raging Tempest that only last for 1 second. Also, I feel Wind Devil is a little bit slow.
    ~

• Heart of The Wild, we need Health. If I have a lot of points to spare, sometimes I will max it.
    It also has Poison and Bleeding Duration Reduction which is nice.
    Try combine it with Dryad’s Blessing :wink:

• Primal Spirit is 1 point Wonder, bonus from Glyph of Kelphat’Zoth, Amulet, and Relic make it Level 5
    (You can remove it if you don’t like it, it’s not mandatory)

• Storm Totem has got buff in the recent patch, this is lightning build anyway, additional damage is good

• Sky Shard, firstly I use it for testing Arcane Bomb if bound to it, it has 85% Chance on Attack.
    I still keep it due to it’s Frozen Core for freezing mobs.
    Although we can use OFF for CC too.

Honestly I can’t resist how cool Druid can be with this Sky Shard pose :cool:

Well, if you tested my setup and it’s worse, I concur.

I still don’t understand how fabius cuts through your mirror/ghoul/prismatic range.

I also don’t understand why you are mentioning net loss of DA. I have two grimtools links side by side and setup I offered actually has more DA and slightly more OA.

Did you follow my grimtools link completely?

You only take 6/12 Mirror, it has 21.4s CD.
Ghoul also has long CD.
Idk why you said Prismatic for Fabius, with only 8s duration, 25s CD, and 130 Damage Absorption.
All of that could be triggered even while you fighting trash mobs.
In the some cases, they may not triggered at all, you already died after being crit by fabius.

About DA, usually people we’ll use Survivor’s Ingenuity on their Rings and Amulet. It gives net +60% to All Damage, +6% OA, and +6% DA.
You use two Kymon’s Vision components, and sacrifice +4% DA if you use Survivor’s Ingenuity instead.

I actually follow your grimtools link completely.
The only different is I have to change 1 Corpse Dust to a Polished Emerald in order to equip Crystallums due to Cunning requirement.

This is perhaps an exception from Dammitt’s Grimtools, since it doesn’t check Weapon attributes requirement with character attributes.

Crystallum Required Cunning: 404. In your given grimtools, the character only has 400 Cunning. We shouldn’t able to equip it.

Since you already have Druid, if you don’t have Dual Crystallums, you can try craft Lightning Exalted Dagger in BS.
Try and test your setup for fighting Fabius, if you have better setup and it works, please let me know :wink:

I don’t have Crystallums and spare Haunted Steel, so can’t test. But if you say you have tested it, I believe you, I was theory crafting after all. On paper my build had more oa/da than yours, but if you say it’s more squishy, oh well. I am guessing Trickster would be a better choice for Dual Wielding Savagery build overall.

I also fired up my druid and found Fabius, took him down in like 20-25 seconds, facetanking all the way, hitting his Blade Barrier, no f…ks given. He didn’t even proc my Ghoul. So really don’t know where the weak point is in your build.

The advantage of using two handed shaman is you have access to Brute Force and Primal Strike line.
Brute Force’s Feral Hunger has very nice ADctH
Primal Strike also provides very good AoE :slight_smile:

When Dual Wielding, you can’t use Feral Hunger.
If only there’s no two handed weapon requirement :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, but you have twice the attack speed and Haunted Steel on weapon, which means much more health returned + Bloodthirster.

Yeah, with my original setup it works.

But with your suggested setup it doesn’t work.

Compare with two handed shaman, Two handed has more dps, so health returned from ADctH is good enough to heal you (Moreover you use full Ultos Legendary Set - even it nerfed, it seems it still good for lightning Shaman)
Don’t understimate Feral Hunger ADctH (it’s also AoE).
Also you have damage reduction skill on your two handed druid.

“you have twice the attack speed”
So if your Druid has 150% AS, my Druid should has 300% AS.
May be you can explain to me how is the exact number of this “twice”

That’s what I said, you need to test it yourself, so you can get the feel / touch.
Sometimes it’s just not enough theorycrafting, it need to be tested.
Theory on the paper could be totally different when practice in the real game

Totally agreed, plus, last time I dual wielded melee weapons was in Diablo 2 LOD, so I really don’t know much about how such builds work in Grim Dawn. Can you make a video of how AOE works on your build, like in late Challenger waves?

Unfortunately I can’t, don’t have the dlc.

You can watch it here for clearing mobs

Updated Devotion Route for Level 85 (requested by a friend)

Cheers :slight_smile: