[up-to-date][u][hc][g1] Avatar of Mogdrogen, Lightning/Pet Hybrid Druid, Beginner Hardcore

Hello! Have you ever looked at the Avatar of Mogdrogen and said to yourself “wow, I wish I could be that guy”? Well I did! I also was motivated by a few other things…

• I was/am sad that Druids suck currently. I wanted to design a Druid build in such a way that no other class combo could do what the build did better…whatever that thing was. No Ultos ripoffs or cookie-cutter TSS builds here!

• I wanted to figure out how to make Shaman pets worthwhile. Based off DaShiv’s builds, it’s clear that the best way to maximize DPS on pet builds is to focus on OA, Flat damage, and resist reduction. Occultist does this waaaaay better than Shaman. The only thing Shaman has going for it pet-wise is tankiness and retaliation, so I wanted to incorporate those strengths into the build.

• I wanted to have a reason to use Manifestation on the IEE tree for once. Don’t ask me why, I guess I’m a masochist that likes to throw skill points away.

• In order to prove that the build was actually decent, and just because I’d never done it before, I wanted to conquer Hardcore mode for the first time with it. That means this character was played solo/self-found gear, making it approachable by anyone!

This build is a Lightning/Pet Hybrid that uses Wind Devils and Storm Totems (“put-and-forget” skills) for character DPS while sitting in the back, letting tanky minions take your hits and do your dirty work because you’re the Avatar of Mogdrogen, an arrogant asshole who wouldn’t hesitate to sacrifice a mortal to keep his/her boots clean. These minions are further buffed with elemental DoT damage (with some extra focus on lightning of course) from the IEE tree to provide some extra DPS.

Before attempting hardcore with any character, I would strongly recommend checking out the hardcore guide written by ForgottenKane here. It is extremely thorough and well-written, and will give you a good idea of what to expect. I strongly suggest that you follow that guide in tandem with this one while attempting your first run.

Pros and Cons

[spoiler]
Pros

• Pretty darn safe. Your devotions and masteries make you decently tanky already, but your minions will be very tanky as well and the nature of the build means they’ll be taking most of the damage throughout the game. Aggro is drawn when your character directly damages an enemy frequently, and very few if any of your skills will do this (for example, Wind Devils don’t draw enemy aggro at all). The more patient you are with sending your minions to engage in front of you, the safer you will be, although I personally went in guns blazing throughout all of Ultimate and only had a few close calls. This is without using any consumables either.

• Very active/fun. This may be more of a con to some people, but this is definitely not a passive pet build. You will have several Devotion cooldowns to manage through your skills, and juggling them in addition to throwing down your Devils and Totems plus dodging enemy abilities and kiting plus managing your Mirror and healing potions means you won’t ever have a dull moment.

• Easy to learn, hard to master. Basic idea of the build is simple, throw pets forward while spamming Devils and Totems in the back. However managing all the Devotion cooldowns, knowing when to Mirror or heal potion or when to hold off, when to kite more or when to stop running to use an ability, all takes practice and even now I still don’t think I’m playing as optimally as I could.

• Zero gear requirement. Obviously starting off twinked would be even better, but I played this build from zero to hero without any real issues (except the final fight, see below). The core of the build will enable you to be successful with whatever you find, provided you know what to focus on (which I’ll explain later).

• Work in progress! This build is more of a template and I’m not confident I have the best version of this build. Devotions could certainly be experimented with (I’ll post an alternate version that some daring soul could try out), so you can easily take this build and make it your own if you wanted (although if you don’t know what you’re doing, I can’t guarantee you’ll survive ;))

Cons

• Lowish DPS, especially for a pet build. This is due to less specific focus on pet offense (you’re a hybrid after all) and lack of resist reduction (only hits 68 for Lightning, 35 for Fire/Cold). You’ll still be clearing trash and lesser bosses without issues, but the Ultimate Log fight took 20 minutes and had a few close calls (by far the most epic, fun fight I’ve had in my GD experience, but long none-the-less). I couldn’t clear adds quick enough and damage him safely at the same time, so I had to retreat to the back when it got too crowded and clear them out before re-engaging. You’ll notice slow kill times on Yetis as well. Keep in mind this is with my character (whose grimtools I will post as well), so depending on what gear you find your mileage may vary.

• Damage numbers won’t be impressive. Pet DoT damage (including player based pets) are not displayed, so you won’t be seeing mind-boggling numbers. You can still watch the HP bars melt though.

• Not a Tier 1 build. DaShiv’s Pyromancer is pretty amazing, and even if I had all the gear in the game I don’t think the build would ever have the DPS/kill times that his does (Occultist >>> Shaman for this). I could probably make it as survivable or more though…maybe.

• Work in progress. By this I mean I haven’t tried to beat Ultimate roguelike dungeons yet, MQ, Sentinel, Edge, Nemeses, or Mog. I’ll update as I attempt these milestones, unfortunately I feel I may not be able to beat some of these as is so gear farming may be necessary end-game (but eh, what else are you gonna’ do?).[/spoiler]

Skills

[spoiler]
Shaman (50 points):
At least 10/16 Summon Briarthorn – Your main tank. Max this ASAP when starting out, but you can take some points out when you hit the high levels and you have more pets to tank for you.
12/12 Raging Tempest – Your flat RR source.
MAX Maelstrom – One of your two sources of lightning damage
MAX Storm Totem – One of your two sources of lightning damage
10/10 Heart of the Wild – Need for survivability, extra health is great.
12/12 Emboldening Roar – Very good buff, physical resistance and OA are great and bleed resist isn’t bad either.
At least 10/12 Conjure Primal Spirit – Your off-tank, if you will. Does great DPS, max if you can but you might need to spread points to get everything else so don’t feel bad taking a few points out.
MAX Stormcaller’s Pact – Great buff to crit damage and lightning/electrocute damage.

Arcanist (32 points):
12/12 Inner Focus – Spirit and OA are good for you.
6/12 Mirror of Ereoctes – Your “oh shit” button. Don’t wait for an emergency to use it in case it’s too late, pop it whenever you’re getting mobbed or if you’re trapped by a skeleton monster or obsidian monster. If you die with this off cooldown you’re going to feel really sad.
3/12 Maiven’s Sphere of Protection – 10% Damage Absorb for a skill point or 2 and -3% damage is pretty good.
5/10 Conversion – Protects you from getting rooted/stunned, which will probably be your #1 danger with this build.
MAX Overload – A good source of elemental DPS for your pets. Each pet procs its own, so the more pets the better!
MAX Elemental Balance – Great source of crit damage and buffs Overload and your lightning skills.
MAX Manifestation – Helps the DPS of your pets. Honestly you don’t really need this, but this build is made for it and you’ll never use it on any other build so why not. If you want to min/max, I’d ignore it.

One Point Wonders:
Grasping Vines – Used for proccing devotions (specifically Shepherd’s Call when you no longer have Squall relic)
Mogdrogen’s Pact – Needed for Heart of the Wild
Wind Devil – Needed for Maelstrom and Raging Tempest. Not worth investing more points in.
Ground Slam – Useful taunt for Briarthorn, but doesn’t really get better with more skill points.
Oak Skin – Nice little buff for everyone, just 1 point though and let +skills make it higher.
Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange – Needed for Overload/Elemental Balance. More levels only give flat Elemental which is OK, but points are better spent elsewhere.
Callidor’s Tempest – Used for proccing Eldritch Hound.
Wrath of Agrivix – Makes Callidor’s Tempest better at proccing devotions, and useful to knock back enemies.
Trozan’s Sky Shard – Used for proccing Arcane Bomb.

NOTE: Alternative Build…
0/12 Raging Tempest (get 3 points in Rhowan’s Crown devotion for Elemental Storm instead)
0/12 Stormcaller’s Pact
-3 points in Summon Briarthorn
-3 points in Conjure Primal Spirit
Arcanist (50 points)
13/12 Star Pact

Doing this alternative has you lose out on the 35% crit damage modifier and makes your pets base stats slightly weaker, but gives you more stats (due to 18 more points in mastery trees) and more importantly, 10% or 11% cooldown reduction. This combined with your use of off-hand plus any bonuses from your helm/amulet/weapon can theoretically allow you to reach up to 45% CDR, which is super useful for a number of your important abilities like Emboldening Roar, Conjure Primal Spirit, Storm Totem, Mirror of Ereoctes and devotion skills like Shepherd’s Call, Eldritch Hound, and Healing Rain. I didn’t do the run with this variant, so please feel free to try it out and let me know how it goes![/spoiler]

Devotions

In order of where to put points…
Green Crossroads
Bat (assign to Wind Devil)
Remove Green Crossroads
Hawk
Viper
Bysmiel’s Bonds (assign to Squall if you have it, otherwise Callidor’s Tempest)
Remove Hawk
Blue Crossroads
Widow (assign to Trozan’s Sky Shard)
Remove Blue Crossroads
Purple Crossroads
Shepherd’s Crook (assign to Callidor’s Tempest, assign either Squall or Grasping Vines to Bysmiel’s Bonds)
Remove Purple Crossroads
Yellow Crossroads
Panther
Remove Yellow Crossroads
Lion
Ulo, Keeper of the Waters
Eel
Hound
Tree of Life (assign to Maiven’s Sphere of Protection)
Targo the Builder (one point)

Alternatively, you can choose Solemn Watcher instead of Ulo, Keeper of the Waters. This will reduce pet resistances, but increase your DA.

NOTE:
If using the Star Pact variant (without Raging Tempest), it is important to put 3 points in Rhowan’s Crown as soon as possible to access Elemental Storm (bound to Storm Totem later game). To do this follow this progression…

Green Crossroads
Bat
Raven
When you hit 11 devotion points…
Remove Bat, replace with Spider
Remove Raven, replace with Purple Crossroads, Hammer
Remove Purple Crossroads
Remove Green Crossroads
3 points into Rhowan’s Crown (assign to Wind Devil)
Pink Crossroads
Jackal
Bysmiel’s Bonds (assign to Callidor’s Tempest)
Hawk
Remove Spider, replace with Bat
Remove Pink Crossroads
Remove Hawk
Viper
Remove Jackal
Shepherd’s Crook (assign to Callidor’s Tempest, assign Squall/Grasping Vines to Bysmiel’s Bonds)
Remove Hammer
Blue Crossroads
Widow (assign to Trozan’s Sky Shard)
Remove Blue Crossroads
Yellow Crossroads
Panther
Remove Yellow Crossroads
Lion
Ulo, Keeper of the Waters
Eel
Hound
Tree of Life (assign to Maiven’s Sphere of Protection)

1 Like

Gear (very long)

[spoiler]
Because a good percentage of people reading this build will probably be newer players attempting hardcore for the first time, I’m assuming they won’t have any pre-existing gear. I wanted to discuss in this section how to prioritize the stats on yellows, greens, and blues that you may find while playing the game. I will provide an arbitrary ranking of sorts with an even more arbitrary point system for you to use when trying to make decisions between different gear.

Rank 1 (9 points):

• to Shaman or Arcanist skills
    -% Cooldown Reduction
    Pet Offensive Ability

Rank 2 (7 points):
Resistances that are below 80%
Health (either a flat number or a % bonus)
Pet Attack Speed above 10%

Rank 3 (5 points):
Offensive Ability
Defensive Ability
Stun Reduction
Armor Absorption
Pet Attack Speed below 10%
Physical Resistance

• to individual relevant skills

Rank 4 (3 points):
+% Pet Health
+% Defensive Ability
+% Pet Damage
+% Pet Resistances
+% Lightning/Elemental/All Damage
+% Electrocute Damage
Critical Damage
Pet Critical Damage

Rank 5 (0 points):
Anything else

Following this example, if I found a great blue item for pets that gives pet health, pet damage, pet defensive ability, and pet resistances along with some lightning and electrocute damage for myself (18 points if you follow the chart), and I’m already using an Impervious yellow item of Readiness which gives OA, DA, and +% to 2 resistances that I need (24 points), I am going to stick with my yellow item.

That being said, there are some end-game Legendaries and Epics to look out for that you will want to use if you can find them. Keep in mind you probably can’t use all of them at once, because they don’t offer enough resistances by themselves, so they’ll need to be supplemented with greens/yellows/blues with lots of resistances and/or Offensive/Defensive ability. You’ll want to have your resistances capped, and ideally you want your OA = Level x 27, and DA = Level x 25 (minimum of 2100 OA and 1950 DA by end game).

Weapon:
Spark of Ultos – Probably BiS for the build. Great damage bonuses for you and gives your pets more lightning damage.
Temporal Tempest – Not too shabby bonuses with a good proc.
Progenitor - + to both Shaman and Arcanist skills with OK bonuses and an OK proc.
Black Scourge – Gives nice pet bonuses and some extra pets.
Black Hand of Sanar’Siin – Gives nice pet bonuses and some extra pets.

Off-Hand:
Death’s Advance and Elite version – Good leveling off-hand from Death’s Vigil due to great pet bonuses and OK proc. Replace with items below when you find them.
Eye of Dominion – Gives 15% Max to all Pet resistances, which combined with Empyrion devotion can allow your pets to reach 100% resistance (immunity) to damage types. This combined with a couple other items SHOULD let your pets tank Mogdrogen.
Codex of Eternal Storms – Great damage bonuses and granted skill can replace Grasping Vines as a way to proc Shepherd’s Call and deal good damage.
Tome of the Arcane Wastes – Great damage bonuses and + to all skills.
Empowered Wyrmclaw - +10% to Pet Offensive ability is strong.
Black Grimoire of Og’Napesh and Empowered version – Lets you summon a strong skeleton pet. Great if you find early, but can be replaced with other listed off-hands.

Helm:
Death’s Visage and Elite version – Good leveling helm from Death’s Vigil due to great pet bonuses and OK proc. Replace with items below when you find them.
Beastcaller’s Cowl – Great granted skill and good bonuses for pets.
Circlet of the Great Serpent – Better bonuses for pets, worse proc, but + to all Shaman skills.
Clairvoyant’s Hat - + to all skills is great along with cooldown reduction.
Ulzuin’s Headguard – Fire/Lightning resist reduction is great in and of itself; bonuses are good with resists and cooldown reduction.
Iskandra’s Hood – Great resistances that apply to pets as well, good skill bonuses and good cooldown reduction.
Trozan’s Hat – Good bonuses but GREAT cooldown reduction, especially with +3 to Star Pact.
Light’s Defender Helm - + to all Shaman skills, great armor value and good bonuses.

Shoulders:
Mantle of Mogdrogen – Obviously you have to use these when you earn them by killing Mogdrogen on Elite. Fits the build perfectly in addition to being your namesake. Don’t bother with the ones you get from killing him on Normal/Veteran because they’re not that great.
Mantle of the Patron – Great pet bonuses and gives you decent bonuses too.
Trozan’s Mantle – Good bonuses and skill bonuses.
Iskandra’s Pauldrons – See above.
Fiendflesh Mantle – Good pet bonuses and proc is nice for keeping you alive.
Light’s Defender Epaulets – Great bonuses for you and good skill bonuses.

Chest Armor:
Wildspeaker Coat – OK bonuses for you, good bonuses for your pets.
Surcoat of Mogdrogen – Great bonuses for you and your pets.
Shroud of Illusion - Great bonuses, good skill bonuses, and granted aura is great for you and pets.
Beastcaller’s Shroud – Good bonuses for you and your pets.
Divinesteel Hauberk – Great defensive bonuses and great defensive aura for you and your pets.
Fiendmaster Raiment – Good bonuses for you but great defensive bonuses for your pets. May not be needed though.
Iskandra’s Vestments – OK bonuses for you, worth it only if you have other Iskandra pieces.
Trozan’s Vestments – See above.
Light’s Defender Plate – Great bonuses for you and good skill bonuses.

Gloves:
Bonescavenger’s Deathgrips – Probably BiS for the build. OK bonuses for you, good bonuses for your pets and lets you summon up to 3 extra pets.
Empowered Handguards of Perdition - Great bonuses for you.
Touch of the Everliving Grove – Great health bonuses for you, good defensive bonuses for your pets and good defensive proc.
Light’s Defender Gauntlets – Good bonuses for you and good proc.

Belt:
Tinker’s Ingenuity – Great resistances for you and OK proc.
Phantom-Thread Girdle – Great bonuses for you, less physique requirement for armor is useful for you.
Voidmancer’s Cord – Mediocre bonuses for you, but makes your pets immune to lightning damage and greatly increases the lightning damage they will be dealing. One of the items required for trying to kill Mogdrogen, and may be BiS regardless.

Pants:
Empowered Legplates of Valor - Great defensive bonuses for you.
Fateweaver’s Leggings - Nice bonuses and skill bonuses for you, OK proc.
Legwraps of the Tranquil Mind – Great bonuses for you and great defensive proc.
Stormcage Legguards – Great bonuses for you and good proc.
Wildshorn Legguards – Great bonuses for you and good bonuses for your pets.

Boots:
Elite Harvest Footpads – Great resistances for you.
Magelord’s Greaves – Great bonuses for you and a good defensive proc.
Golemborn Greaves – Great defensive bonuses for you and good defensive proc.
Wyrmscale Footguards – Great bonuses for you and good defensive proc.
Footpads of the Grey Magi – Great defensive bonuses for you (immunity to being trapped is amazing for this build) and a fantastic defensive proc. If I were to ever attempt Crucible I’d probably be wearing these.
Stormtitan Treads – Great bonuses for you and a fantastic offensive and defensive proc. I would say these are BiS if I’m not in Crucible.

Rings:
Ring and Signet of Valiance – Great bonuses for you if you’re lacking the resistances.
Signet of the Damned – Doesn’t fit theme of the build, but still gives nice relevant bonuses.
Oblitorix – Good bonuses for you.
Wildpact Emerald – Good bonuses for you and your pets.
Glyph of Kelphat’Zoth – Good bonuses for you but fantastic bonuses for your pets. Probably BiS for the build.
Lifegiver Signet – Good defensive bonuses for you.
Time-Flux Band – Good bonuses for you and good defensive proc.
Closed Fist of Vengeance and Open Hand of Mercy – Great bonuses for you and fantastic proc if you can get both.
Invoker’s Shocking Touch – Great damage and resistances for you.

Amulet:
Rhowari Lifecaller – OK bonuses for you, good bonuses for your pets.
Avarice of Androneus - +1 to all skills that early is nice.
Empowered Amulet of the Eye – Good bonuses for you.
Empowered Cerulean Shard – Good bonuses for you along with cooldown reduction, OK proc.
Ancestral Ward – Fantastic resistance bonuses for you and health.
Empowered Bramblewood Amulet – Good bonuses for you with +1 to Shaman skills, a good bonus for your pets.
Empowered Death Ward – Good bonuses for you, fantastic defensive proc.
Empowered Maiven’s Lens – Good bonuses for you, good defensive proc.
Empowered Stormcaller’s Gem – Good bonuses for you, good proc.
Pendant of Valiance – Great bonuses for you, good defensive proc.
Aetherstorm Amulet – Good bonuses for you.
Binding Emerald of Mogdrogen – Good bonuses for you and your pets, better if you also have the Surcoat of Mogdrogen.
Arcane Eclipse - Good bonuses for you.
Empowered Essence of Beronath - +1 to all skills, OK bonuses on top of that.
Empowered Wretched Necessity – Great bonuses for you.
Avatar of Mercy – Fantastic defensive bonuses and extremely good defensive proc.
Sovereign Ruby of Domination – Good bonuses for you and your pets but extremely good granted skill for you and your pets. Probably BiS for the build.
Iskandra’s Focusing Prism – Great bonuses for you, mediocre proc.
Celestial Stone of Halakor – Great bonuses for you, great proc.
Avenger of Cairn – Great resistances, good proc for you and your pets.
The Peerless Eye of Beronath – Great offensive bonuses for you along with +1 to all skills.

Medal:
Chosen Star of Thunder – If you go with Kymon, good bonuses for you.
Legion Mark of the Spellweaver – Good bonuses for you.
Legion Mark of the Void – Mediocre bonuses for you, but fantastic bonuses for your pets. May be BiS for the build.
Illusionist’s Mark – Good bonuses for you.
Mark of the Nymph – Good bonuses for you, great defensive bonuses for your pets and great defensive granted skill for your pets.
Ribbon of Valiance – Great bonuses for you.
Empowered Arcanum Sigil – Great bonuses for you.
Empowered Combat Medic’s Mark – OK bonuses for you, great defensive proc.
Empowered Tempest’s Sigil – Great bonuses for you.
Mark of Fierce Resolve – Great defensive bonuses for you.
Mark of Divinity – Good bonuses for you, extremely good defensive proc.

Relic Progression:
Squall → Savage → Ancestor → Eye of the Storm → Primal Instinct[/spoiler]

Leveling Guide

Here are snapshots of what your character build should look like at different levels.
Attributes - 85 Physique, 5 Spirit

Level 10
Shaman 11/50
Arcanist 1/50
Wind Devil 1/16
Summon Briarthorn 16/16
Choose Shaman first, max Briarthorn ASAP. Whack things early levels, then try and find a Searing Ember for Fireblast as your left mouse button attack to supplement your Briarthorn. Remember to send Briarthorn out first by setting your right click to Pet Attack.

Level 20
Shaman 22/50
Arcanist 10/50
Wind Devil 1/16
Raging Tempest 6/12
Mirror of Ereoctes 4/12
Summon Briarthorn 16/16
Ground Slam 1/12
Make your way to level 10 Arcanist for Mirror for survivability, then start investing in Raging Tempest while slowly working your way up Shaman tree.

Level 30
Shaman 36/50
Arcanist 10/50
Wind Devil 1/16
Raging Tempest 12/12
Storm Totem 8/16
Summon Briarthorn 16/16
Mirror of Ereoctes 6/12
Keep working on Shaman, once you hit Storm Totems you’ll really be able to supplement your Briarthorn well.

Level 40
Shaman 46/50
Arcanist 10/50
Wind Deveil 1/16
Raging Tempest 12/12
Maelstrom 7/12
Storm Totem 16/16
Summon Briarthorn 16/16
Ground Slam 1/12
Mogdrogen’s Pact 1/12
Heart of the Wild 4/10
Mirror of Ereoctes 6/12
Your damage should be melting through Veteran at this point and your Briarthorn should still be handling most of the aggro. You’re almost done with Shaman, keep it up! Start getting Heart of the Wild for more health.

Level 50
Shaman 50/50
Arcanist 16/50
Wind Devil 1/16
Raging Tempest 12/12
Maelstrom 12/12
Stormcaller’s Pact 3/12
Storm Totem 16/16
Conjure Primal Spirit 3/12
Mogdrogen’s Pact 1/12
Heart of the Wild 10/10
Summon Briarthorn 16/16
Ground Slam 1/12
Mirror of Ereoctes 6/12
Maiven’s Sphere of Protection 3/12
Congratulations on beating Veteran! You should have Shaman tree maxed by now with Maelstrom and Storm Totem maxed as well. We’ll do a little more fleshing out of Shaman skills and then work on the support skills from Arcanist.

Level 60
Shaman 50/50
Arcanist 26/50
Wind Devil 1/16
Raging Tempest 12/12
Maelstrom 12/12
Stormcaller’s Pact 7/12
Storm Totem 16/16
Conjure Primal Spirit 8/12
Mogdrogen’s Pact 1/12
Heart of the Wild 10/10
Summon Briarthorn 16/16
Ground Slam 1/12
Mirror of Ereoctes 6/12
Inner Focus 1/12
Still leveling Arcanist while filling out the ultimate skills of Shaman, nothing too exciting.

Level 70
Shaman 50/50
Arcanist 26/50
Wind Devil 1/16
Raging Tempest 12/12
Maelstrom 12/12
Stormcaller’s Pact 12/12
Storm Totem 16/16
Conjure Primal Spirit 12/12
Mogdrogen’s Pact 1/12
Heart of the Wild 10/10
Summon Briarthorn 12/16
Ground Slam 1/12
Emboldening Roar 4/12
Mirror of Ereoctes 6/12
Inner Focus 1/12
Now we’re going to take some points out of Briarthorn and start getting some other skills up.

Keep in mind that this isn’t including the one-point wonders of Callidor’s Tempest and Trozan’s Sky Shard, just subtract a couple points to get those as you need them for devotion skills.

Here is the grimtools of my current character who’s cleared Ultimate Log and Ultimate SoT, so that you have an idea of what kind of gear I made the run with to compare.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/62a89EN4

Thanks everyone for checking out the guide! I hope you all have a blast =) Please feel free to post/share your experiences or your experiments with the build!

Interesting, make me wanna try a pet build.
Btw how long to take down Avatar of Mogdrogen on HC Ultimate with this build?
Since this is HC, you surely have to be more defensive isn’t it?

Thanks Ryzel for posting this :slight_smile:

Edit: I think I was misunderstanding the title, please pardon me…

Ah, yes sorry for the confusion. This build is all about turning YOU into the Avatar of Mogdrogen. I haven’t tested killing him in HC Ultimate yet because I don’t have the gear, but theoretically it may be possible by making your pets immune to lightning damage and having them tank him. I would assume it would take an extremely long time to kill him though.

Updated the devotions and leveling guide section!

Wanted to just update that my character was able to clear Ultimate SoC and Ultimate Valbury (including Flames of Valbury). Aldritch was almost able to outheal my DPS though, but he was able to be grinded down. I found a Sovereign Ruby of Domination after Aldritch, which gave a noticeable increase in my DPS.

Currently he’s doing farming runs for more gear. Faced Moosilauke and was able to down him after a few minutes. Your pets will die frequently though, and you WILL die in one hit if you go close to him; just don’t. Stay back, spam abilities, and heal when you get hit by the sky shards and you should be fine.

Tried Mad Queen and didn’t have enough DPS. Haven’t tried Sentinel yet either, and I won’t try Edge of Reality until I’m more twinked out. I’m assuming that once I can craft a Primal Instinct the DPS will skyrocket with the extra pets though.

hi, i’m new in grim dawn, and was searching for a druid with lightning/pet build
i found yours, i might use it so thanks in advance

Like i said i’m new to the game, and honestly i was lost until i saw your build lol

Oh snap someone cares about this build! Lol

I’ll have to update this for the new expansion I suppose. There’s a LOT of new items that buff Flat Elemental Pet damage and Wind Devil + Elemental Storm is now a definite must-have. Druids don’t suck anymore =)

But yeah, have fun with it! Let me know if you have any questions.

oh thanks, i was using arcanist trozan sky shard, gonna change it to wind devil
i just don´t understand why do u use one handed weapons insteado of two handed?

+! to people interested in this build, gonna give it a go this afternoon and see how druidy it feels.

Hi… i wanted to make a druid as my first character and this build is pet based so im very interrested… BUT i dont understand the way you explain the “skills” in what order am i going to “choose/apply” which skills and when do i activate/choose the other mastery. Im lvl 5 now so i just got the briathorn and maxing that out. but what next? i am sorry if ijm explaining myself in very bad english but yeah… i really like the game and i hope youll try and explain your build for me or tell me what to do next :slight_smile:

Probably best to go for an entirely different build. Hybrids aren’t really effective. Not only that, this one is pretty old. Alot has changed since then.