[1.0.6.1] Haendel - S&B warborn commando with some twists

Haendel - S&B warborn commando with some twists
thanks go out to SirSpanksalot, Malawiglenn and Djnat for help on the build

haendel1

this commando can pretty much haendel most of the MC content, even though it doesn’t do it too fast…
a true facetank build in the tradition of true facetank builds with some tricks up its quite heavy sleeves

youtube evidences:

haendel2
-=GRIMTOOLS=-

this is basically your run of the mill cadence+blitz Commando
the things that set it apart are the use of Forcewave for proccing Cleansing Waters (thus debuffing enemies), the combination of Flashbang and War Cry and the use of Living Shadow (Unknown Soldier)
I’m not really a crucible player but I expect it to be able to clear it, in the MC the only problem I ran into was Grava’thul

cons

• not the fastest build around
  • energy hungry (potions are there for a purpose though)
  • only 32% phys resist

pro’s

• can facetank most bosses and nemeses
  • very defensive (100% AA, 55% block chance, overcapped stun resist, 57% deflect)
  • decent OA and DA
  • high damage output

can take the Shattered Realm until shard 65

[1.1.2.3] update!

Recently Warborn S&B builds have been in a very good place.
This has also resulted in this build feeling even better than it used to, it is now my go-to farming build for a number of reasons:

• it peels most nemeses without any trouble
  • it’s not as slow as it used to be
  • it’s basically double blitz, so it moves around the map pretty quickly

I haven’t really changed much to the spec:

• I substituted living shadows for shifting sands
  • added the Glyph of Incorporeal Winds, resulting in the build basically now being double blitz
  • Malawiglenn suggested some small skill changes resulting in the following:

GRIMTOOLS

[1.1.8.0] update!

• substituted the cronley’s signet for another black matriarch ring, I only had it for res really and it wasn’t needed anymore
  • threw out azrakaa in favor of dire bear, because the proc is pretty sweet now!

GRIMTOOLS

ur gt link goes to spanks vindicator

:eek: I was looking at it before posting this, so stupid…
thanks! fixed now!

32% phys res IMO is HUUUUUUGE, especially when coupled with your 3k armor.

I’ve piloted glass cannons with 2% phys res. :rolleyes:

I wonder how tanky this guy can be with obelisk.

I think we tried obelisk, but dropped it in favor of more energy, not sure…

updated this build for 1.1.2.3 because it wrecks like crazy nowadays!

Looks good but some Q’s

why not 12/12 fightning spirit?
why 12/16 vindicative flame when 11/16 gives same AS bonus?

• I needed the points elsewhere
  • that is actually a very good point, I suppose that one can go to fighting spirit

The extra OA from 13/12 flame touched compared to 12/12 will not cut it either I think. There you have another point to add to Fightning spirit for the 3 target breakpoint.

The extra OA from 13/12 flame touched compared to 12/12 will not cut it either I think. There you have another point to add to Fightning spirit for the 3 target breakpoint

haha thanks!

edit: changes added

You seem to have added the skill points from Vindicative flame and flame touched in Military condition and not Fightning form that I suggested

Perhaps 3 targets cadence is not required but I think it is good to have :slight_smile:

I would probably leave decorated soldier to one pointer (easy 8/8) since Egellon can now craft up to 12% slow resistance on the warborn visor and remove one point from Zolhan’s technique. Those 5 extra points can be invested to get one extra cadence target (12/12 Fighting form), 1 extra point in Deadly Momentum (nice extra damage) and 14/10 Military conditioning (about 300 extra health and some extra DA).

If you feel health / DA are strong enough you can even leave Military conditioning to 10/10 and soft cap Fightning spirit for extra offense.

You seem to have added the skill points from Vindicative flame and flame touched in Military condition and not Fightning form that I suggested

Perhaps 3 targets cadence is not required but I think it is good to have

you said fighting spirit, and no…

• I substituted living shadows for shifting sands
  • added the Glyph of Incorporeal Winds, resulting in the build basically now being double blitz
  • Malawiglenn suggested some small skill changes resulting in the following:

GRIMTOOLS

I would probably leave decorated soldier to one pointer (easy 8/8) since Egellon can now craft up to 12% slow resistance on the warborn visor and remove one point from Zolhan’s technique. Those 5 extra points can be invested to get one extra cadence target (12/12 Fighting form), 1 extra point in Deadly Momentum (nice extra damage) and 14/10 Military conditioning (about 300 extra health and some extra DA).

If you feel health / DA are strong enough you can even leave Military conditioning to 10/10 and soft cap Fightning spirit for extra offense.

That is of course assuming I have the mythical WB visor recipe, which I don’t.
That said, I think 20% slow resist is fine.
As Malawi also pointed out, having the extra cadence target is nice so I got that, and also took the opportunity to put some extra points in Fighting Spirit.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EpRnJN

To be clear, I have posted builds that were theorycrafted.
This one was built up through leveling though.
Hence, suggestions for crafting bonuses for items I don’t have the recipe for, can not apply to the character itself.

Do you have a SR ceiling estimate for this build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi, no I haven’t really played SR with it much yet
I suppose it would be viable until 50-55 at least, will do some testing

it can reach shard 65, but fighting takes a while there as well as some kiting

Yeah but the context was “3 targets” and Fighting spirit has no targets so I must have meant Fighting Form

not to get into an argument with you, but this was the context

Looks good but some Q’s

anyway, both are at cap now