[GrimTools] Checklist

Grim Dawn Checklist

If you want you can support me via Patreon or Buy Me a Coffee.

You can join my discord server to discuss Grim Tools, leave feedback and bug reports.

Here’s a list of features:

• Currently the checklist includes 5 sections: devotion shrines, one-shot chests and important quests, each section shows your progress for every game difficulty. Blueprints and lore notes section are present as well.
  • Devotion shrines and one-shot chests have prerendered map previews, clicking on them will open that shrine/one-shot chest on the World Map.
  • When viewing devotion shrines, you can see whether it’s a desecrated or a ruined shrine and if it’s ruined then the list of offerings needed to restore it. You can click on the items to view them in the Item Database.
  • When viewing one-shot chests, you can see map previews for all spawn locations if chests have more than one possible location.
  • Quests section includes only those quests that grant attribute points and/or skill points. I don’t intend to include any others.
  • The tool supports multiple profiles, they are stored in local storage of your browser, you can edit their names, add new ones and delete existing ones. When you visit the tool, it will always load your last used profile.

The tool allows you to upload your character without having to manually check everything by yourself. To do that, just click on the upload icon in the menu bar (second from the left) — a dialog will show up that explains where to find your save files and how to upload all character progress. In short, devotion shrines data is stored in save file for all difficulties, but one-shot chests and quests are located in quests files which are stored separately for each difficulty, so to upload all your char progress you’d have to provide all 4 files, there’s no easier way :frowning:
Please note that when you upload character data, by default it will be applied to your current profile, so make sure to switch to the correct profile or create a new one before uploading your characters.

Like all other tools it’s built automatically from game resources. The only hardcoded thing is the area progression order which determines the order of one-shot chests and shrines shown in the tool. This can’t be easily detected from map pathing, so I just hardcoded it.

Feel free to post any questions, suggestions and bug reports.

If you are interested in translating the tool, please refer to this thread.

13 Likes

Your work on Grimtools is fantastic, top top top level!
Keep it going

Just amazing! What other things could be included that would help give information to the completionists?

I thought about adding lore notes, but that will probably require a way to actually read them, maybe somehow link them to the wiki or smth.
Another thing that hypothetically can be included is blueprints, but I’m not really sure that anyone would need that, cause there’s a ton of them and collecting all of them requires several hundred hours of playtime.

Hi Dammitt - The feedback icon (i) in the checklist tool is linked to… interactive map thread on the forum. Check that out.

Take Care,
GP

Fantastic tools by Dammit. Thanks!

Thanks for reporting this! It’s fixed now.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’re worried about technicalities but the chests from A Sacrifice, Hidden Wealth & Rictor’s Thanks are all, at least internally, “One-Shot Chests.”

Hello,

I was curious about something.
I’m able to pull up Normal and Elite, but there is no file for ultimate.
Any suggestions?

Checked multiple places.

Thanks.

Hey Dam! This is a little offtop, but i don’t know where I should post that.
I found a strange thing in a Build Calculator: two Bladetwister Signets and a Myth Pack of treacherous means transform any elemental dots to bleeding damage. It’s a bug or an untimely spoiler?) AFAIK bleeding damage is not relate to piercing, so that conversion couldn’t affect dots.
Can’t post a link because this is my first day at this forum)

Did you actually unlock ultimate and loaded your char there at least once? Or maybe you are looking in the wrong folder?

There’s a thread for build calc feedback here. Thanks for the report, I’m aware that there are issues in conversions somewhere and checking/fixing them is actually at the top of my todo list for build calc.

• Updated to patch 1.0.7.0
  • Added Czech, German, Japanese, Polish, Russian and Spanish translations

Small update:

• Added lore notes

Hi! I just registered to give you this feedback. :slight_smile: I know you said you wouldn’t be adding any more quests, but considering they even have their own Rewards section in the wiki and everything, could you please add the extra bag quests? there’s just 4 of them :slight_smile:

Thank you for the awesome work

I won’t add these. Iirc at least 3 inventory bags per difficulty are obtained via main quest, so what’s the point in tracking it since you get bags via normal progression anyways?

Cool tool, thanks for developing it.

I’ll put my 2 cents in for blueprints as I’m currently at the point where I know I have a few I’m missing but it would be nice to know exactly which ones without going through the list of 326 manually and checking blacksmith.

Yeah, I’ll add this at some point, it’s pretty easy to implement from checklist perspective, but I’ll have to fix item db (that’s where the list of all blueprints will come from), because currently there’s no clear distinction between default blacksmith blueprints and those that can drop.

Hello Dammitt,

First i’d like to thank you for your tools, pretty useful stuff there :slight_smile:

I’ve found a little issue with the checklist, regarding important quests, in normal mode, 5 can be done, but only 4 are listed, please have a look at attached file :slight_smile:

Missing quest is “The other you”, giving 1 skill point

*i have yet to check if it’s available on elite difficulty, but i think it is, is someone can confirm / infirm this

Regards

“The other you” only gives a skill point in Ultimate, not normal or Elite.

All the data you see in grimtools (item/monster db, checklist, map, calc) is taken directly from game files, there’s no manually added stuff. So everything should be correct, unless I’ve fucked something up somewhere.