[1.0.7.1] LateForTheParty - N&O/Silver Melee RoH Hybrid Infiltrator (c+) (g4) (vid)

UPDATED VERSION (more rune, credits to Mad_Lee and Dioarchet for the idea):

GT

YT (5:12 4b/VB)

YT (5:24 3b/VB)

PREVIOUS VERSION (more melee):

GT

YT (5:40 3b/VB)

Foreword:

I’ve been kinda late for the N&O party hosting a dozen op builds of all possible classes (except saboteur lol). Feeling bitter having missed out on all the fun, I took a few of them for a spin, notably Mad_Lee’s trickster and John_Smith’s infiltrator. This is the most op set that I’ve ever played in GD (and I mostly play binders…) so I’m kinda bitter I didn’t catch up in time :wink:

Having acknowledged that I’m not gonna come up with anything original, I post this more as a way of paying tribute to the achievements of all the other N&O builders (especially John_Smith, from whom I ripped devotions; I believe it’s best possible devos for cold N&O, as I did try others, so no use messing it up). HOWEVER, I consistently did runs in the vicinity of 5:45 and my runs, across different builds, are on the average 30 seconds slower than those by best pilots. So, I won’t bet my life on it, but this just might beat the non-pet non-Agrivix record if tried out by someone who’s better than me. It’s g4, however, and it’s not pure melee so no “claims for the melee crown” are being made here.

Word of explanation to the less experienced:

Debuffed and melled by N&O, everything dies within one cast of RoH (literally everything including nemeses) or two at most. No single enemy in Crucible can survive longer than 3-4 seconds when got RoH placed precisely under their feet. In a way, it works like DoT: you SS in, slash-slash, when RoH is on you just drop it move on. It’s best to use GrimInternals and see the health bars so that you know if one RoH will be enough to drop them all before moving on. And don’t ever kite. You don’t get burst. You burst.

That being said, this build is just a just a concept to maximize bannered crucible runs. It’s health and da are very low so it won’t serve anyone who is still learning the game or want an all-round jack-of-all-trades. If you don’t kill exactly what you need to kill in that 3-4 seconds you die. For anyone who wants a well balanced N&O build I recommend the aforementioned pure melee infiltrator or trickster as well as some others you can find in the build compendium.

Questions for the more experienced:

I’m still learning the game and I’m hoping to get some feedback form whoever would be kind enough. I’m not sure about the optimal devotion bindings (pushing Artifact Handling above 6/10 kinda messes up proccing Blizzard with RoH) and exact skill point distribution (push Dual Blades further with the full conversion?). I tested some alternative setups and this turned out to be fastest for me but I’m more than open to any suggestions from anyone. Thanks in advance.

Great build!
Did you try ‘ignaffar’s combustion’ relic? Try, if you haven’t tried yet.

Joke(or maybe not a joke):
Z nerfed Binders. Now they have same cleantime as melee builds.

hmmmmm

Well, late indeed, but at least you squeezed one through before the nerf hammer. I think this build has potential to surpass 5 minute clear mark, but it’s not a pure melee build. Beastly build, and John is right, Ignaffar would be better here.

If to make an all-round safe balanced build with the seal and everything then Ignaffar. But for melee speed Nidalla and +1 to nightblade. Unless someone knows some skill distribution tricks I don’t. I’d welcome gt links if you guys got time to assemble. I’ll test them when I got time. But me, I won’t get better times than this, of that I’m sure.

Z nerfed Binders. Now they have same cleantime as melee builds.

Agrivix is still the only non-pet I’ve seen doing under 5.

hmmmmm

Oops.

you guys made me eager to find out what Agrivix build is that…

For all this time I thought pet is the best.

can someone enlighten me by posting that build…

Well, pleasure and pain reading the build:

Firstly, it is a nice build and I figured someone would get to RoH.

Sadness, as I obviously have a bias against inquisitor…

It has definitely been fun to read about the many versions that N+O has produced.

(However, it is quite funny that N+O does give demo bonuses, yet demo is a very small portion of the builds - for valid reasons.)
N+O is so packed with goodies: I experimented a while ago with N+O’s acid–>fire/cold conversion. If the general DEE non-acid bonuses were not impossible to find and most notably that the best supporting class was not Inquis by default, it might have been a fun DEE concept,

If you go for Ignaffer, you can get 20/12 Chillsurge to get that extra projectile.

We still need more no builds! Blademasters, witch hunters, purifiers!

You can find the fastest setup recorded by the end of this thread. I tried to improve on it an came up with this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0DY9aV which was slightly faster in my hands. I was also wondering what the top pilots would say about it.

I also recently did the naked challenge. You can find the video and gt by the end of this thread. This is a very conservative setup.

I thought of it (sth like this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkxAqv2) but never tested. Maybe, maybe…

Just to be clear what you mean here, there are pet builds that clear under 5?

Yes, both Conjurer and Cabalist Witching Hour builds can do it.

This is amazing! question tho:

Is there a Sorcerer variation of this build? I doubt that if exists it would not be as op as Spellbinder but still I am curious, since Agrivix is a Sorcerer set…

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63779

But guys, we were supposed to be talking about if this can beat the Rimetongue :rolleyes: I’ll test the Ignaffar/full rune setup today but I can’t do it on my own! :wink:

I updated op with the Ignaffar version and a vid it’s not the best of N&O this patch but certainly capable to be so in more capable hands.

5:24 with banner is freaking amazing. BTW, I doesn’t seem to be able to access the video.

The trend on dropping Inquisitor seal altogether is interesting. The build need to be able to drop huge damage fast in one go, knowing that you have no other defense beside censure damage reduction and small phys res in the build.

Anyway, this just solidifying the fact that crate will do something with N&O in the next patch…

Edit: your build should be G3 because stoneplate greaves doesn’t account as MI.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks. The vid is work in progress. Uploading even a 6 minute vid through a vpn on a crappy connection seriously takes hours. Sorry if I gotten ahead of myself but just I couldn’t wait. 5:24 is truly something as I am a shitty pilot and my pc is old. I’m pretty sure someone could maybe even beat Agrivix with it before 1.1 hits.

The trend on dropping Inquisitor seal altogether is interesting. The build need to be able to drop huge damage fast in one go, knowing that you have no other defense beside censure damage reduction and small phys res in the build.

And 8.4k health… But somehow you don’t die. Even eat the meteor now and again. MAGIC.

Anyway, this just solidifying the fact that crate will do something with N&O in the next patch…

I kinda hope it won’t be a hammer like the one that fell the poor old Clairvoyant. Some tuning, yes, but not a killing blow, please. Clairvoyant was mega op, so op it was plain ugly. But this… THIS IS BEAUTIFUL.

Edit: your build should be G3 because stoneplate greaves doesn’t account as MI.

Is it? I thought it was g4 because those exact affixes are mandatory, won’t work with others.

And you call my 2.8k ulzuin’s purifier glassy, lol.
While this, with less defense on paper, can complete crucible also with ease? Is it consistent though?

Also, how the fuck this can facetank Alek meteor? It has high aether overcap yes, but the phys res and armor are miniscule? Now I even think that there’s a hidden bug behind N&O set…?

I think current crucible clear with agrivix and N&O is even faster than clairvoyant. I’ve never seen clairvoyant with below 6 minutes clear time with banner.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

As long as you have 2900+ effective DA after veil and debuffs you can call it magic. Or RNG. There’s a miniscule chance for the meteor to miss. through your DA

Alex’s meteor isn’t a problem because he rarely has time to cast it. When rumor doesn’t miss, one Rune and Execution with some melee in between usually drop him. I did 4 runs when I recorded this and I ate 2 meteors (I don’t remember if it was the run I posted). First time I miscalculated my position under the arch and second time I felt strong and didn’t care. 2 melee hits get you to full health even with 10% adcth.

Then I did another set of runs and died in the third to Zantarin because I was stingy on the seconds. So, pretty consistent, I would say. Despite it really looks shit on paper.

I think current crucible clear with agrivix and N&O is even faster than clairvoyant. I’ve never seen clairvoyant with below 6 minutes clear time with banner.

I think I saw 5 something on a novel setup with a surprising choice of Cinder gloves. I think Mercymaker posted it and I think it was REYMREYM’s.

I can’t load the video unfortunately. But sick result!

My final advice (that might not work) - drop Beronath Shard, use another Coldstone, get Shadow Strike to 22/16 or 24/16 and NJE to 14/12 (or whenever the bp is). And maybe get those blue pants with SS bonus and Beasts damage. So basically use two nukes, ABB and basic attack with WPS in-between. It might edge your current version (or not).