[1.1.4.0] Roxios, the Ascended - Melee DW Fire Soulblade Virtue Permascension Dervish (no greens, Gladiator)

They wanted to stop our Ascension (a few patches ago), but we will not submit! Here is a build with permanent Ascension. Please feel free to give me your wise advices - especially regarding skills to sacrifice to max Ascension.
AscensionAscensionAscension

[Melee DW] [1.1.4.0] (g3) (c+) (sr+) Melee DW Fire Soulblade Permascension Dervish; greenless; Crucible - 4 blessings 12 min (Sotnik)
Damage: Fire.
Active Skills: Ascension, Righteous Fervor, Vire’s Might, Summon Guardian of Empyrion, Pneumatic Burst, Amarasta’s Blade Burst, Shadow Strike, Incorporeal Winds.
Passive Skills: Divine Mandate, Presence of Virtue, Whirling Blades.
WPS: Smite, Execution, Amarasta’s Quick Cut, Whirling Death, Belgothian’s Shears, Burning Void.
Devotion procs: Time Dilation, Flame Torrent, Elemental Storm, Eldritch Fire, Phoenix Fire, Hyrian’s Glare.
Other procs: Carnage, Battlecry, Magma Orb, Golemborn, Combustion, Fire Lance, Annihilation, Resilience.
Core Gear: Belgothian’s Carnage, Mythical Soulblade, Virtue’s Light, Mythical Gauntlets of Ignaffar, Cinderplate Girdle, Mythical Light’s Oath.

Grim Tools:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvJXekV

The build is focused on Fire Strike autoattacks with 100% WPS while being under the effect of Ascension all the time. This is achievable with cooldown reduction, Time Dilation and Carnage (they affect each other, btw) and Virtue’s Gaze. 97% Pierce-to-Fire conversion makes Nightblade a reliable option for this concept.
Flame torrent is attached to Judgement and this leads to quite an interesting combo.

SR 75 is done and Crucible 151-170 took 12 minutes with 4 blessings and no banner. Video!

The concept also has a Templar version, more effective, but with 2 second window between Ascensions. What an imperfection!

How did you manage to get such a low number on flat Fire damage? There are jewellery augments that give flat fire + OA, I think you can’t really build without them. Although I wonder if all the unconverted physical gets converted or not, hmmmm

But anyway, you have missed out on a lot of damage by not taking double Enchanted Flint and Ulzuin’s Torch in Devotions. Seal of Blades on one weapon will only work with this weapon’s damage.

I wanted resistances from augments. Maybe I will test with a more aggressive version later.
All the physical is converted on Righteous Fervour.

As for the Seal, I decided I want more armour and lifeleech on the main hand; and the converted flat damage is a pleasant addition. But you might be right here too.

Thank you for the notice!

1 Like

I was making some theorycrafting on Soulblade weapons then examined your build and came up with this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28o93GN it seems promising, I need some OA and pierce resistance from the two MI’s so gotta do some farming before.