[1.1.4.2 - 1.1.7.2] [DW Ranged] Mortal Reminder - Vitality FS Defiler [c+] [sr+]

Smb: Purifier is the best gunslinger ever!
Defiler: Hold my Gargabols

This is, actually, the best Defiler build for now and one of the best ranged builds in the game.
Very sturdy, resilient and with high face-melting potential.

GRIMTOOLS LINK - CLICK ME (for 1.1.7.0)

GRIMTOOLS - CLICK ME

DOWNLOAD LINK - CLICK ME

GEAR EXPLANATION

• Armor - super-obvious choice cuz Blood Knight is one of the best vitality sets for melee/ranged.
  • Belt - for some useful stats and conversion.
  • Gloves - M. Icescorns or M. Voidrend Talons. Both have very useful here %as. And flat damage from Icescorns is converted to vit.decay.
  • Pants - for extra resists and for hardcapping Soul Harvest.

PROS AND CONS OF THE BUILD

PROS

• One of the very few working Defiler builds - and working very nice. Average Crucible about 5:25, easy SR75-76, capable of reaching SR90.
  • High ADctH (~21%).
  • High crits.

CONS

• No cons. Build is super-good.
    (okay-okay, the gear is hard to get).

VIDEO GALLERY

LOKARR

CRUCIBLE

SR

Credits to Slev1n, mad_lee, banana_peel and especially grey-maybe for helping with the build, polishing it and pushing it to the limits. Huge thanks also to all Safarel Discord Community.

All my builds are available here: Afanasenkov26’s Build collection

23 Likes

6:30 Ranged Defiler, :face_with_monocle:

That’s surprisingly great time. So nice build and nice piloting. What’s the secret you Russian players are so good in GD? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s a special art that is available only for few of us :smile:

When I was piloting the build, I did 10-11 mins in Cruci, so I couldn’t have thought it can go this fast.

1 Like

I think one of the reasons for the multiple good Russian players are the Discord channels and sites, where you can share knowledge and ideas, but also have competition.

I would say though that Anton(last name too long) is capable of pushing build to absolutely different level. He beats my best time with Blazerush by more than 30 seconds, 50 seconds with the Soulrend Reaper. I mean it’s always scary to see how some people are capable to do what seems impossible!

But always good to see rare and exotic concepts that are working and posting Defiler is nice achievement!

1 Like

I think, the time in Cruci also depends on how good your PC is and how straight hands you have :thinking:
And probably also on hours of practising the piloting skill. Because you know, average players as me make it far slower.

Thanks! I really like this build and it is probably one of the best defilers ever made :thinking: especially in modern reality of Crucible.

Really solid Defiler @afanasenkov26 and excellent confessions as well! Seals of the Void are my favorite components especially if you convert the damage.

:+1::+1:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

This is pretty much the main reason by far. It’s just one channel though, the rest of ru discords and websites are inhabited by casual players. :grinning:

1 Like

I love it. I had posted a similar build concept way back in AoM when I was comparing the 3 endgame ranged DW FS specs:

Nice to see that it can translate well into FG.

Regarding OP’s build - bloodfury spaulders is definitely BiS here.

EDIT: ah…the use of double green MI’s. :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s funny to revisit my newbie theorycrafting days

1 Like

Why? 3pc BK bonus seemingly outweights whatever Bloodfury Spaulders offer.

Personally I think it’s worth trying to replace one of Gargabols with Morgul’s Mortality. 5% less RR but 14% more AS. Here’s my theorycrafted shit: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZD4BOpZ

Use BK’s ammy instead. Those skeles are actually pretty powerful too. They also help aggro stragglers in Cr.

Then it’s -15% RR from Nazaran vs 14% AS with 75% uptime. Worth considering, but not obviously a BiS to me.

Interesting…you don’t think the massive AS + %vit damage proc on blood fury is good?

Because OP has perfect elemental conversion, and about 50-60% chaos conversion on items as it is.

Though, defensively, conduit is the best option here

i.e. 3 piece BK set + bloodfury spaulders

Not saying it’s not good, just that it’s not that obvious.

E.g. getting -15% RR from 4pc BK set allows to drop Signet of the Fallen and get an extra Deathlord Band with 8% attack speed, which could be rolled as high as 10% - about as much as Bloodfury given it’s uptime.

True, or you could also keep signet for moar RR :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno, all boils down to testing I guess.

As for armor, I think 3/4 pts BK is BiS here.
Double rare MI’s are not used in my calc :slight_smile: and in the alternative setup “of Dranghoul” can be freely replaced by “of Readiness”.
Pistols - really want them to get at least 14% as

Yeah, I don’t doubt that. Like I said, I was a lot more inexperienced back then :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, I think I misunderstood you then :smile:
I also used to use Double Rares when got well with Stasher! But now trying not to do that without real need :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pushed the build to SR76.
Video goes here:

Although the build completed SR75-76, it is faster and safer to farm SR65-66, of course.
And I’ve made only this one run so far in high SR so can’t talk about % of successful runs.

1 Like

Great job, Afanasenkov26, Defilers need some love!

@Zantai Please, consider adding attack speed to those pistols, Defilers really need this :cry:

1 Like