[1.1.5.1] (DW Melee) Ashes to ashes - Melee FS Defiler [c+] [sr]

burning down, last to die
laden with monstrous souls deep inside

I simply like this build. Inspired in late AoM by @mad_lee’s original build, I’ve tried for a very long time to make it work in the cruel reality of FG. The result finally is pretty satisfying.

%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%84%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%80

GRIMTOOLS

ALTERNATIVE SETUP

DOWNLOAD LINK - CLICK ME

GEAR EXPLANATION

• Armor - obvious choice since Justicar is the best fire-oriented set in-game.
  • Weapons - also BiS here as they give +1 to Necro, very useful mods to our skills and conversion (almost 100% with perfect rolls)
  • Belt - additional aether->fire conversion and a way to get some useful resists as Defiler is very short on them.
  • Conduit - for extra sturdiness and a momental RR in a big area.

PROS AND CONS OF THE BUILD

PROS

• High OA/DA (almost 3k without buffs), armor, 200% as, nice damage;
  • Nice both solo and AoE-damage because of procs;
  • Relatively high RR - up to 132%;
  • Dynamic gameplay.

CONS

• Build is somewhat squishy so you need to be careful, especially in Crucible - against Grava and on wave 169.

Q&A SECTION

• What about the build’s performance?
    The build kills all Nemesis, Lokarr, completes 150-170 Crucible and SR65-66. Can easily go up to SR70-71.
  • Does the build fear anyone?
    Grava is a true nemesis for this build, watch out for him and be very careful. His cleave attack in high shards can easily two-shot you.
  • Is the build suitable for beginners?
    No. You have to complete the game at least 2 times to get 2 Blazehearts, and need to pilot your char well.
  • Is it fun to play this build?
    After getting used to it, mostly yes.

VIDEOS

Rogue-like dungeons’ bosses - Gargabol and Morgoneth

LOKARR

CRUCIBLE

SR

Special thanks to @mad_lee for the original idea and help with min-maxing the build, @Nery for multiple testings and feedback, @John_Smith for recording Crucible video and giving alternative spec, and to all Safarel Discord community.

All my builds are available here: Afanasenkov26’s Build collection

7 Likes

Hmm, this setup looks strangely familiar! ))

Congrats on finally making it work. What gave it the final push?

1 Like

Thanks!
John_Smith was that power :smile:
With somehow making it work in Crucible.

nice build <3

1 Like

Just noticed the build. Now it looks more polished, congrats on the post!

1 Like

1.1.5.1 UPDATE: new GT, some new videos from SR and with Lokarr (now kill him faster), added some Q&A about the build.

But how did you discover in the piety of a gloomy guard? in the calculator it does not open. Enlighten me :smiley:

If I understand you right, you’re wondering how to take the Solemn Watcher?
So, you take Sailor’s Guide, Viper, Eel, then take Solemn Watcher and take points out of the Eel.
If I misunderstood you, please forgive me :slight_smile:

Cool! Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice build.:slight_smile:

I strongly recommend Abomination. FS defiler can push 230K dps or so

1 Like

Yes, I’ve tried Abom too while comparing it to Torch+Magi :slight_smile:
For SR it may be better due to increased solo-damage but in Cruci I resulted in losing almost all AoE and didn’t like it.

What AoE damage did you feel you had to lose?

I’m asking because when i tested my defiler long ago my best time was 6:15 and I was playing Crucible pretty casually back then, wasn’t pushing or anything.

What I mean to say is that I don’t think you need to give up on AoE

I certainly didn’t play with revenant though. I refuse to do so on elemental builds :stuck_out_tongue: and with the nerf it had really only the nodes are good for you but I think you can survive without them

Edit: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxlRyEV

This GT is old so take it with a grain of salt. The AoE is there. The amulet I’m using gives good DPS and an aura that makes you tougher. I liked this combo. I was apparently using agonizing flames for flat RR and it worked well. The amulet helps with that as well

Relic is your choice, tried korvaak and Anni both

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll take a look at it!

EDIT: imo, not taking Flashbang and Sanctified bone in chest alongside with not capping Mines is not a very good idea. Especially against Grava.

Revenant is still nice constellation. And for faster and better RR I used that conduit.

Also, 18% slow res seems not very safe :slight_smile:

This is an old GT and not the one on my PC. It’s pre testing on the field :smiley: made at work a few months ago.

I probably used a sanct bone eventually.

But All I can say is that I had decent kill times with it