[1.1.8.0] Olexra of Kalastor - freezing and exploading Mage Hunter, easy SR 65+

INTRODUCTION

I decided to do another Olexra build this time with Rune of Kalastor. Other skills I use with this character are Burning Rift (nice teleport with burn damage - deals a lot of damage) and Flames of Ignaffar for lifesteal. Gameplaly is freeze them with OFF, teleport into the middle, put an Inqusitor’s Seal on the ground and Rune of Kalastor under them and burn them with Ignaffar. Everything will die in seconds. All these OFF builds are extreme fun to play. Thanks to freezing and fast killing you don’t take much damage. The Mage Hunter class combo has naturally good defenses (Maiven, Censure, Seal, Mirror, Nullification and Word of Renewal). I also use Eternity relic to shorten cooldowns on skills (it helps a lot).

I have other builds using OFF here. I have other fire casters here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my Olexra builds from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Olexrian Luminari – great build, OFF + DW ranged elemental Beronath‘s Fury, offensively a little slower, defensively quite tanky (best of my OFF builds)

2. Olexrian Judge – great build, OFF + physical Obliteration and Judgment, offensively a little better than Olexrian Luminari, defensively weaker than than Olexrian Luminari

3. Olexra of Kalastor – great build, OFF + fire RoK and FoI, offensively a lot better than Olexrian Judge, defensively a little weaker than Olexrian Judge

4. Olexra the Freezer - great build, OFF + cold skills, offensively a little weaker than Olexra of Kalastor, defensively a little weaker than Olexra of Kalastor

5. Spinning Freezer – great build, OFF + fire EoR, offensively a little better than Olexra of Kalastor, defensively a little weaker than Olexra the Freezer

6. Olexra of the Sky – great build, OFF + cold TSS and Devastation, offensively a little weaker than Olexra of Kalastor (but better than Olexra the Freezer), defensively similar to Spinning Freezer

7. Olexra the Evil – great build, OFF + fire DEE, offensively a little weaker than Olexra the Freezer, defensively similar to Olexra of the Sky

8. Olexra of Vire – great build, OFF + fire Vire and Judgment, offensively a little better than Spinning Freezer (best of my OFF builds), defensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer

9. Olexra of Blackwater – great build, OFF + fire BC, offensively similar to Olexra of the Sky, defensively similar to Olexra of Vire

10. Albrecht von Frozenstein – good build, OFF + fire AAR, offensively a little weaker than Olexra of the Sky, defensively a little weaker than Olexra of the Sky (but better than Olexra of Vire)

11. Albrecht the Freezer – good build, OFF + fire AAR, offensively and defensively similar to Albrecht von Frozenstein

12. Olexra of Menhir – OK build, OFF + fire Aegis and Vire, offensively a little weaker than Olexrian Luminari (weakest of my OFF builds), defensively a little behind Albrecht the Freezer

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1Lv4z2

I use crafting bonus to stun resistance on both helm and medal.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice critical damage 66 % (81 % with Deadly Aim)

high OA - over 3000 base OA (around 3450 OA with Deadly Aim)

high fire resistance reduction from Aura of Censure, Solael’s Witchblade, Rune of Kalastor and OFF - up to -78 % without OFF (up to -191 % with OFF)

damage from devotions, Solael’s Witchblade and Meteor Shower

DEFENSE

OK life around 12500 HP

nice DA over 3000 DA

OK lifesteal 15 %

freezing enemies using OFF

OK CC resistances with crafting bonuses to stun resistance (enemies are frozen often so CC doesn’t matter that much anyway)

reasonably overcapped resistances

lower physical resistance 18 %

OK armor - close to 1900

heal on standby from Word of Renewal

% reduced damage to enemies from Aura of Censure

% damage absorption from Maiven’s Sphere of Protection

flat damage absorption from Inquisitor Seal and Phoenix

aether and chaos damage absorption from component

disrupt enemies skill on Aura of Censure

fumble to enemies on Flames of Ignaffar

Bat + Ghoul

Prismatic Rage from component

Mirror of Ereoctes (saves the day when things go tough)

Nullification

with OK CDR + Eternity relic you can use defensive skills very often (freezing often, Phoenix up almost 100 % of the time, Bat + Ghoul also benefits from it, more often healing with Word of Renewal)

image from the game with passive buffs + Word of Renewal and Inquisitor Seal

Olexra%20of%20Kalastor

image from the game with passive buffs + Word of Renewal, Inquisitor Seal and Deadly Aim

Olexra%20of%20Kalastor%202

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build does SR 65-66 relatively easily. With mutator increasing enemy CC resistances fighting Grava and Reaper is not pleasant because you can’t freeze them. It can even do SR 80 with good mutators (if you can freeze enemies) but it is tougher. It is squishy in SR 80. If you can’t freeze Grava and Reaper it would be impossible in SR 80.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Image from SR 66

3 Likes