[1.1.8.0] Albrecht the Leech - super tanky aether AAR Spellbinder, 3 versions, Ravager killer, very easy SR 80+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to make a leech tank using aether AAR. Because of resitance reduction and good survivability I have chosen Necromancer as a second class. I have three versions of this build - one with no set and two using the Clairvoyant set (they differ in an amulet). All versions use almost identical devotions. I use two items with % ADCtH to AAR for 10 % ADCtH total (one version uses weapon damage conduit and general ADCtH). And I also use -% life leech resistance from two sources - Haunt relic and Rattosh devotion. This is what makes this build a leech tank. For example Ravager has 90 % life leech resistance. I have -16 % life leech RR that means Ravager will now only have 74 % resistance. Which means I have increased my ADCtH against him effectively by 2.6 multiplier. Other items are also taken for this build to be tanky but to not compromise DPS much. All three versions perform very similarily. I have never played with any build that does SR 65-66 with such an ease. Grava is the greatest joke ever. You can even kill Ravager with this build. It could maybe do all celestials but I don’t bother with them (Callagadra you will have to kite). It also does SR 80 very easily.

All 3 builds use two green monster infrequent items - Chains of Ygraad and Pulsing Shard. You want bonuses for OA, DA and aether damage. All crafting bonuses are to stun resistance.

I have other laser builds here. I also have other aether caster builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my laser builds from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Albrecht the Leech – great build, aether AAR, powerful both offensively and defensively (quite tanky)

2. Albrecht the Chaotic – great build, chaos AAR, offensively noticably weaker than Leech, defensively a little weaker than Leech (this one is very tanky but slower)

3. Albrecht the Mental – great build, elemental AAR, offensively a little better than Leech, defensively noticably weaker than Chaotic

4. Albrecht the Tank – good build, fire AAR, offensively similar to Chaotic, defensively noticably weaker than Chaotic (but better than Mental)

5. Olexrian Judge – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, physical Obliteration, offensively noticably weaker than Chaotic, defensively noticably weaker than Tank

6. Judge Obliterator – good build, physical Obliteration, offensively a little weaker than Olexrian Judge (the weakest offensively of my laser builds), defensively a little better than Olexrian Judge (but a little weaker than Mental)

7. Albrecht von Frozenstein – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire AAR + OFF, offensively similar to Tank, defensively noticably weaker than Judge Obliterator

8. Albrecht the Freezer – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire AAR + OFF, similar to Frozenstein both offensively and defensively

9. Pierce Mage – OK build, pierce Obliteration, offensively a little better than Judge Obliterator (and a little weaker than Olexrian Judge), defensively a little weaker than Frozenstein

Version 1 - using no set

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25LjoEN

image from the game with passive buffs only

Albrecht%20the%20Leech%201

Version 2 - using the Clairvoyant set + ADCtH amulet

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwE3eX2

image from the game with passive buffs + Clairvoyance

Albrecht%20the%20Clairvoyant%201

Version 3 - using the Clairvoyant set + conduit amulet

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pypxeV

image from the game with passive buffs + Clairvoyance

Albrecht%20the%20Clairvoyant%202

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

SR 65-66 is a joke. Grava is the greatest joke ever. Everything goes down fast and your life barely moves. It can even do SR 80 very easily. Differences start to appear in SR 80 between the builds. The no set version is a little better defensively and it is also a little weaker offensively. And the conduit version is a little weaker defensively but all three are very close. The no set version is the best of them by a bit in SR I think. I don’t push my characters higher but all three can go a lot higher if you are a skilled player.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Images from SR 80

3 images from SR 80 for the no set version

3 images from SR 80 for the Clairvoyant set + ADCtH amulet

3 images from SR 80 for the Clairvoyant set + conduit amulet

CELESTIALS

I think all are doable but I only killed Ravager (I like his helm). Others I don’t care about. You can facetank him for the first half of his life easily and for most of his second half as well but sometimes you have to disengage and wait for cooldowns to end. Be aware that facetanking him is not easy. You have to time everything correctly for couple of minutes. It took around 6 minutes to kill him with the no set version and around 8 minutes to kill him with the Clairvoayant versions. I don’t really know why the no set version is significantly faster in killing him. All versions disengage from battle similarily in his second phase. The no set version just shreds his life the fastest even though it has the least DPS but it is also less reliable.

Image after killing Ravager

5 Likes

I wanna a lazer gal in HC :slight_smile:
What version do you recommend for safe midSR and celestial farming? :slight_smile:

Either of them but I like the no set version the most. But getting that scepter is hard.

1 Like

Thank you Duchy!

I think that variation of Off gonna getting moar hard (for exact pre and suffix, but i feel they are not mandatorial) :crazy_face::sweat_smile:

I’ll try them.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

There are several combinations of possible affixes. And you can alwys reshuffle a bit other things like augments etc.

1 Like

I have also managed to create a tanky fire AAR build. I will post it in a few days.

2 Likes

Hi, I am very interested in your build. Can u give a leveling guide based on your build please? Please do not push me away to beginner’s build…I just hope to level based on your build as it would be more challenging.

Man, you ask this under almost every build here.

There are many options. You can use a 2H weapon and Bone Horvest. Another Is aether Callidor’s Tempest and Devastation. Another is Olexra’s Flash Freeze and Fireball from component (later Conflagration relic - my favourite).

If you want a laser most of the time then do OFF + Firebal and from level 35 Conflagration. Around level 75 or 94 depending on items you have you can switch to AAR.

Ot you can even play the whole time with aether AAR but you will have to manage energy requirements and that is harder in the early levels.

Try out what you like. You can change it throughout the gameplay anytime.

Here is a thread about levelling Spellbinder. Just search the forum.

Thank u for your reply. Firstly, i would like to clarify…i am a player who always try out different build and when i am interested in a build…i would ask the same question which i did…
Till date since the launch of the game (though u stopped 2 years or so) i had created and deleted almost 100 toons and only a recent cabalist kept me playing till end game…the rest of my higher toons are either 60 to 80s only…
Secondly, i always ask the same question because i like to level based on others player’s build and not going for beginner build till high level and changing to the build that i desire. Thus, my question had been repeating itself throughout…
Please do not be offended or annoyed…i just wish to enjoy my own style of playing…
Thank you!

Well after this number of builds you should be a levelling expert. But it is OK to ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently i am not…

Nice concepts, I like it :grinning: What was Ravager kill time?

I wrote it in the text. 3-4 mins with pharma. I didn’t timed it precisely.

1 Like

Never got that scepter from the port, but I have a few from crucible and SR drops without trying. The Alkamos rings, on the other hand… do not drop in crucible or SR.

1 Like

Very handy guide, thanks.

Out of interest, while it’s obvious you’d keep Haunt/Corruption/Ill Omen up full-time on bosses - do you use all 3 for general trash packs? If not, just Haunt? Haunt + Corruption? Save Ill Omen for tough mobs? Just trying to understand how this plays in your experience as far as the piano-ness.

I use all of them. Haunt and Corruption proc devos very good and Ill Omen has damage reduction. You don’t need damage reduction from Ill omen on trash mobs. So you don’t have to use it there.

1 Like

I have a lot of items in the second build so that’s what I’m going to be going for. It’s going to be my first time playing both arcanist and necromancer and I’m planning on using RE for levelling. I see AAR uses Fire (which is converted to aether) and lightning in the second skill part that is converted to vitality. Does this mean the skill will do a combination of aether and vitality?

Yes, with the Clairvoyant set it does both aether and vitality. RE should be OK for the levelling.

Does the 2 seals on the weapon stack? Like do you need to cast them both on bosses?

No, they don’t. They are there for damage bonus and OA. Use only one.