A couple of potential Sentinel Builds using Obliteration (Tome of Arcane Wastes)

Since the last patch tweaked some gen RR into Obliteration, there is some interesting flexibility for this item. Here are a couple of ideas:

1. Acid damage-based Obliteration Sentinel
  2. Physical damage-based Obliteration Sentinel

I’m sure these examples can be improved as well as there are more class combos for the use. It’s just kind of interesting to save lots of skill points for a ray attack and put them into other stuff. And save some devotion RR, as well.
ofc, minimum level for this relic is 65 for the non-mythical version, so it’s not a leveling thing.

1 Like

I tried using it in a few pet builds for the RR, but the skill was too clunky to use and generated too much aggro :sob:

The builds looks quite interesting! Some noob questions:
(1) How does that 45% elemental -> acid conversion to Blood of Dreeg work, does it means that whenever the Blood of Dreeg is up you get 45% global elemental -> acid conversion? Does it act just as the normal global conversion from gears, or does it has higher priority (apply first) or something?
(2) In the physical version it seems to have less physique and spirit than the requirement of the gears, did I miss something?

1. Yes. I believe the aura global is at the same step as the other global. (as the aura doesn’t actually act like an aura with respect to the conversion = it only converts the player wearing this gear).

2. Looks like I forgot to adjust it when I was doing some last minute juggling. More spirt and more physique is indeed needed. More juggling is needed to address that=probably the easiest is to put more points into occultist base, I think (maybe ~40).

Is this just theorycrafted or is it tested ingame?

Thanks! I was actually considering using that pistol in another build but wasn’t sure how that conversion works.

BTW I heard that this kind of AARish skills has a big problem in energy consumption, how do you address this problem? I thought you’re going to use Harp but then I checked the devotion and it wasn’t used.

This is theorycraft, yes.

Energy could very well be an issue due to the high cast speed. It’s pretty easy to fit in harp for the physical devotion version. Also Owl provides -5% skill cost. There is also a relic that provides -% skill cost (I forget the name).

The acid version might provide more challenge for this and possibly more energy components would be a better way to approach that. Or maybe a devotion rework. I suppose you could try it with the Dreeg set hood, which has a proc of 8s free skill cost at 50% health, but that proc seems to lack convenience.

The physical version has ~200 regen with 10% saving.

Edit: so the physical version could be tweaked like this:
Physical damage obliteration higher energy regen Soul shards for the energy absorption in mass combats, or Ectoplasm for main campaign, etc.

Acid could maybe add more as such Acid version higher energy regen.. Also there are green affixes tthat help energy regen, many of them in the magic category (of the Sea, etc).