A few of question on retaliation

Sooo, i’ve done a bit of searching and didn’t find a clear answer on this… Is adcth applied to the rata damage on attacks with weapon damage? Say i use savagery with dawnbreaker set (21% rata), would i leech from the weapon damage part only, or from the full damage of each savagery hit?

Second question is… I thought that it could have been cool to try a fire retaliation templar but… Am i missing something or there is basically zero item support fir that? From GT i see only lightning and acid retaliation support, am i right or there is some way to make fire ret work?

Last question is… Since retaliation builds look a bit sui generis, should i just aim for the usual oa/da res overcap or to achieve a succesfull rata build i must have attack speed and crit damage aswell?

TBH, I’m very interested in retal (I really like the concept), but unfortunately I don’t know too much about it. I’ll try though…

Basic rule: Global adcth on your gear only affects the weapon damage part. Adcth on certain skills affects all damage done with this specific skill. Since Savagery doesn’t have inherent adcth, you can only leech from weapon damage.

Dawnshard set comes to mind. Unfortunately I’m not an expert on gear. Hopefully someone else has more insight here.

Res overcap and DA: Definitely yes. You basically need the same defense as non-retal builds. So solid overcaps and 2800+ or better 3000+ DA are mandatory.

Sufficient OA (ideally around 3000+, absolute minimum would be about 2800) is also needed. Retaliation damage itself is independent of OA, but you want to make sure your weapon attacks hit. Otherwise you wouldn’t be able to apply your RATA damage and life leech with your weapon attacks.

You normally wouldn’t go for crit in a retal build. Retaliation damage itself can’t crit, so critical hits would only affect your attacks. So crit would only buff part of your damage. In most cases probably not worth investing heavily into it.
Attack speed is good - more RATA damage applied and more life leech. Keep in mind though, that e.g. for counterstrike, the most important stat is CDR.