A small critique of the gameplay

Aren’t you forgetting about using a merit and starting right away in ultimate? Because nothing gets more nightmarish than that.

1 Like

As you can see, there is plenty of challenge and room for player skill to shine.

Excellent critique. I think that once you reach the ultimate difficulty, there Is very little sense of progression other than the same recycled idea of moving forward in the campaign. There Is not much else to do, and you receive very little worthwhile rewards to your progress, especially considering the difficulty. But I love the game.

OP has stated they have only played the base game of GD, and some years back too. I think this feedback isn’t particularly useful since most of these issues don’t exist anymore.

GD main campaign isn’t particularly challenging, but it wasn’t designed to be and balance is largely reserved for endgame because of how time consuming that is (though base game and veteran are vastly improved since a few patch ago). However HC Veteran, for a newer player, does involve challenge that requires thought and movement. If you disagree you are simply not an average person.

You mentioned playing with wendigo totem. This is the most powerful skill for surviving at low levels of the game, balancing that could be done by removing the flat heal and/or shifting the skill further into the mastery. I doubt this will happen however.

1 Like

Opinions on game difficulty are almost immediately tossed into the trash and not taken seriously (by game devs and players alike) for most games and ESPECIALLY for games that give you difficulty options.

For one VERY simple and ultimately, unavoidable, reason:

How “challenging” or “difficult” a game is, is 100%, absolutely and purely, subjective!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.