A small suggestion re: loot filters

Grim Dawn’s loot filter is great. There is one small thing I would like that I think is not currently possible. I want to hide non-MI rares (unless they’re double rare, maybe). But I want to show MIs if and only if they have at least one rare affix. Would be nice to be able to configure the loot filter to achieve that.

1 Like

yes, i think someone mentioned it before, would be nice if there was like an “always show MI” function, that way it could also potentially be used to ignore other filter settings one might just be applying for rares
also feel like i’m missing settings like ex Health Regen

“Always show MI” is there. It’s just not what I want – I don’t want to see MIs that lack even one rare affix.

it’s not?

double rares and uniques, neither strictly applies to MI

i feel like we’re talking past eachother or you misunderstand?
we both want extra settings, pertaining only to MIs, just in different ways
you want MI + Rare affix only
i want MI always shown, regardless of other filter settings (- just as it is for uniques/double rares)
neither is currently possible, “we both want MI filter expanded”

to clarify

guess what happens here; only MIs with fire dmg shows, i want them to always show and ignore the specific criteria, just as if it was the always tick box below,
because the MI box can’t ignore other stuff not applying to rares, they are intertwined
(same way you can have not MI on and still see them via the rare filter; you can’t ignore MIs either)

Ok, I guess I’ve never touched anything but the first column of the loot filter, because why would I only want to see loot for this charcter? So in that case, treating “MI” as another rarity is equivalent to “always show MI”.

I’m fine with the current treatment of MI, except for the wrinkle I mention above. It’s not really a “rarity” – it’s a type of item, and I want granular control over affix rarity for that type of item.

I’d be 100% fine if they just removed the three columns on the right, though. I don’t see the use. Maybe some arbitrary self-imposed SSF rules, but even then you can dynamite legendaries you can’t use, right?

haven’t levelled a char in a while i take it? :sweat_smile:

yes, for endgame farm the way you describe it is very much how i keep my filter settings too
levelling/“when where the rightside columns are used” however is then another matter, and you’re flooded with greens, hence the request, likewise for expanding the options to include regen

that would be my recommendation atleast,
unsure how many/widely the right columns are actually used for end by people to filter out epics/legends :thinking:, def seems more like a levelling feature the way i think of it

I literally just last month published a beginner guide based on leveling a character without shared stash. I still didn’t touch those columns, because I still can’t see any reason why I ever would. When leveling, it’s not a huge burden to filter to rare+ and just sell trash you can’t use.

Edit: Before the recent loot rebalance, I think it was even assumed that’s how you got your iron bits. After that rebalance, the amount of trash is somewhat less, so while unnecessary it’s also less burdensome.

big enough annoyance to ask to be able to filter them out tho (nor being the first to do so)
:grin:

No, it’s only after leveling out of caring about single-rare white drops that I want to also exclude magic/magic MIs.

i mean it’s a big annoyance for me (and someone else) to ask for “show always MI”, because sometimes you just dont’ want to sort through stuff or sell trash during levelling

Indeed. I think we have well established that your ask is orthogonal to mine. It’s fair to say that my initial dismissal of your concern as “already implemented” was incorrect.

“Off-topic” would have been a fairer dismissal. Perhaps most fair would have been a less dismissive “Related, but not the same and, in my opinion, lower priority.”

“which is why it got brought up in a feedback thread asking to expand loot filter options” :neutral_face:
how is that not the most natural ? :smile:
it’s literally agreeing and extending/expanding the very topic request
“yo, we’re going to mcdonalds to get burgers” “ok, cool, can we get sodas while we’re at it?”
how in the heck do you even remotely arrive at “asking for loot filter option +”/core, to “asking for loot filter++”= too far/offtopic :rofl: