About grass

Hi,

among my favorite places are Conflagration, infested farms, Withering fields etc… I love the finesse, care put in the details of grass, which is perfect…

I know that Devil as always is in the details, it’s also time consuming to do… I just still wonder why the grass in the last Extension, is not at the same level… Maybe a lack of time or other consideration of optimization (?) … I check it, sometimes it’s a question of camera orientation…

it looks like crate is done with grim dawn, they think it is not worth the time anymore.
maybe when / if they decide to do gd2 project with new engine, they will consider more broad approach.

Well maybe you’re right maybe not so… There is no new expansion coming, and like Blood and Wine of Witcher3, Forgotten Gods is likely to be the last one… They continue to update few things…

But here, I was speaking of comparison between expansions…

If I compare with Metro Exodus for exemple, a good game but with so many annoying graphic bug, and lack of finishing touch… here, in comparison, Forgotten Gods is perfection ! I love the monsters, the new things and area, the music, for me it’s the best expansion.

I was just wondering difference in a detail that I thought was a kind of automatic dev processing. But I am a novice, I must be wrong…

Maybe you are all right but maybe, maybe it’s all about the terrain concept of the FG, just that. Do you know what is the concept? Desert. It’s like ancient Egypt. Guys please consider this, grass doesn’t grow in the desert… Yes there should be some, but just some seldom, thin grass and that’s all…

You are totally right : to put all the same amount of grass in the desert would be totally absurd…

I play so many hours at this game, that I notice some details. I just see that the treatment is very different and I like less the aesthetic…

Relatively speaking, I think about the bushs in Assasin’s Creed Rogue, which were just 2 PNG put like cross in you see them from above.

My opinion, is that this kind of details, of finishing touch is sometimes neglected when too many important parameters are in the process, with deadline constraint…

Otherwise, the new monsters, areas, contents, … global design is really cool

1 Like