Add a new line into a DBR file?

I know this is probably a very noob question, but I cannot figure out how to add additional lines into database files. Here’s what I’ve got so far:
-There is no option in the DBR editor to add a new field / line
-I opened the .dbr file with NP++ inside the “working” directory and added a new line. I refreshed the assets manager, but the new line does not show up in the DBR editor.
-I did a build of the mod anyway, and the new line does show up in the .dbr file inside the mods directory, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. I assume this is because the .arz does not recognize the line, and it hasn’t been assigned a class and type.

I did some searches but could not find an answer. Can I not add additional attributes to existing game entities? Am I constrained to only modifying existing attributes? Do I have to create a new object entirely? What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

If you’re asking about modifying the dbr templates, that doesn’t seem to be possible because the code that reads the templates would have to be changed

Yea, I think that answers my question. That’s kind of what I figured: that each DBR follows a template that can’t be changed. Thank you.

there might be a possibility to alter stuff more than what the templates allow via lua scripting but i havent looked into that