Add Pharma as a new tag for the Build Compendium

yes, i meant whats pharma but now you clarify that and i agree with your idea!

Game have 2 types of Pharma

1. Craft
  2. Sell on factions

I agree to use some tag on Craft Pharma
And disagree to use it on Sell Pharma

Sell Pharma cost very low and it is the same thing like Blessing in Crucible
If you can buy Bless why you can’t buy low cost Pharma?

1 Like

New thread - please keep the Build Compendium for submissions only.

1 Like

If this was poll, my answer will be no. Still you can make poll and quote Dragon. After all it’s his decision.

• Yes, we need a pharma tag in Compendium
  • No, such thing is not needed in Compendium in any form
  • Whatever, I don’t care

0 voters

Enjoy.

Know that I value polls much less than a well thought out explanations based on reason these days.

I’ll chip in on the topic a bit later in detail.

Voted yes. Actually, I just posted a pharma reliant build and this is a perfect chance to promote it: [1.1.5.0] Freeze Box of Hagarrad (c+) (sr+) (pharma) . This build would hardly be viable for the other two tags c+ and sr+ so I felt like it’s important to mention that.

Let’s assume (only assume - I’m far from being convinced yet) that I agree and we make a sort of pharma tag. How should it function, in your opinion?

I’ll tell you in advance that I’m not going to watch all of your videos to make sure you didn’t use aether potion for wave 169 or aether cluster on some particularly bullshit boss combo in shards (especially since some of you tend to only provide screenshots).

1 Like

It won’t function because nobody really makes builds in niche underbuffed concepts that require pharma.

Some builders use pharma to boost their results. But almost hundred percent of those builds don’t really need it.

However, in theory, this should be required.

Personally, I am against it. Just more work and would just be easier for the authors to announce it themselves.

Sure, I don’t really expect a build like yours to come up even once in a while.

Sure, I know this as well.

And here we’re back at square one - in which cases pharma tag is required? I can include pharma tag into compendium right now on a whim, but then the next day people just come asking when they need to put it and when they don’t. And the only answer I could give them at the moment is “I don’t give a fuck, figure it out yourself”.

I personally use aetherward potion from my first legit days in Crucible. It’s not really affecting build performance or so but it’s a tradition. It’s not like few potions makes or breaks builds. If you used all the elements from the periodic table it will become quickly apparent in the video. It’s builders responsibility to state it in the thread so other players can draw conclusions.

It actually does make a big difference IMO.

You can easily get 70 Aether RR shred in 169.

Voting yes as I try to stay away from consumables/builds that rely on them, and I always cringe when @RektbyProtoss chugs on stream. :smirk: :kissing_heart:

It can boost your resistances in 169, which is good yes.

I propose to to note as consumables health and energy potions too. H tag for helicopters, I mean health potions in the compendium and E energy potions. I have to buy these things from time to time. So expensive and also breaking my concentration :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ok.

1 Like

Brilliant! I want to use that big H letter on every single of my submissions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Now this is perfect.

2019-11-26_01-27-30

But enough memes for today, still gotta surprise you tomorrow with announcement that levelling guide is mandatory.

1 Like

Health pots? Every build might need to use health pots (maybe except 3 Totem Dark One lol). Variance of dmg taken is too high. I mean I got builds that I had zero health pots and didn’t even notice but in general I don’t consider health and energy pots to fall under the category of pharma.

I have done lot’s of leveling, so no problems for me. But poor @mad_lee not leveling in campaign since 2012 will have hard time adjusting :smile:

Although he can try copy pasting some leveling guides from one guy called Requiem for equinox since his beginners builds are the best :wink:

lmao, chugging pharma in HC is more of an additional safety layer to eliminate the 1-10% rip chance that 99% of SC builds just take as the “standard” risk. It’s a completely different thing to chug pharma in SC or in HC imo.

I didn’t vote yet, it’s kinda hard to differentiate builds with a pharma/non pharma tag alone. There are many different types of pharma in this game, some super cheap, some expensive, some influence clear times a lot, some don’t at all, etc. Also different builds need different amount of pharma for different enemies.
Just adding “pharma” / “no pharma” kinda puts all different pharmas into one big pot, which seems to a little unfair towards lower pharma centric builds.

All of the above said, I don’t really care too much about a pharma tag. If you guys feel like you need it, go ahead. I think runs should be marked with pharma/non pharma, but not entire builds (unless they actually rely on pharma to fix lack of res/DA/overcap for any content).

PS: @Ceno you can check my new non pharma runs of the new dungeon, chugging pharma on a first time ever run blind dungeon run is standard procedure in HC :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes