Adding another Nemesis: Faction Insectoids

I know it’s probably a really big ask/hope at this point of time in the game’s development
but i’d really like 1 more/a new Nemesis to hunt:
specifically the idea being now with FG we have so many bugs around, the thought being an Insectoid beast faction, with like a bipedal walking 4armed hercules beetle Nemesis that did all sorts of nasty bug things on us
It could add another Nemesis spawn to the big FG map, and have a spawn place in some of the “buggy” zones in base game, like around bees or dermapterans or the spiders and crawlers, “wherever the bug fits”
another +side would be it brings the nemesis tally to a nice even number :sweat_smile:

and even if such audacious request can not be accommodated; i’d still like to thank Crate and the team for all your hard work and the continued updates you continue(d) to provide over the years

Well their nemesis kinda is Mad Queen.

3 Likes

To be honest if it’s a new beast nemesis then I want a huge gryphon twice the size they normally are.

3 Likes

Aren’t insectoids already count as beasts? I know it’s a wrong classification, but maybe not so much in the world of Cairn.

And surely you are aware that adding another whole faction, as well as creating a new nemesis is not as easy as adding a few entries in Editor, right? It has to be designed, as well as its MI. Then it all should be balanced around existing game content, since this new monster will appear in SR and Crucible. At this point of development I personally don’t see any justification of adding that. Crate wants to polish the game as much as possible and be done with it. They’ve been working on it a lot already.

2 Likes

I want a Dragon! :rofl:

2 Likes

A lot of people want a dragon but dragons are banned :dragon:

2 Likes

quite aware, hence why i said i knew it was a big ask

i kinda feel like she doesn’t count, and i’m well aware of that making me a bit monster/“boss” greedy :blush:

might just be me, but i feel like i’ve been trying to farm gryphon heads so much another gyphon would make me queasy. :dizzy_face:
idono just had that image of like a walking hercules beetle variant of ben jahr’ish nature would be wonderfully exotic and delightful new flavour

again totally aware of asking/hoping them to come up with a new nemesis concept, modelling it, balancing it etc etc all that is a big thing when things are winding down so much at this stage in development
i just feel it would be so awesome i finally had to ask :relaxed:

How about basilisk nemesis?

1 Like

Maybe in GD2 then =)

1 Like

They’re already too big for their own good causing their movement to look unnatural at times.

1 Like

Although I believe that an insectoid faction would be redundant, I think that it would be cool to have an additional nemesis boss for the beast faction in the vanilla areas, just like how chtonians have Benn for vanilla and Grava for AoM. The Beast faction is currently not available in vanilla, and I think it should be. Besides the loot, killing beasts in vanilla always felt kind of pointless because you weren’t unlocking anything by killing them.

3 Likes

And they cause your movement to non-existing :rofl:

1 Like

compromise then, since insectoids are already classified as beasts, they still implement my beetle nemesis, just without new faction rep grind, and as previously mentioned it could be placed around the bug areas already existing in base game (besides FG too ofc)
sound good?

i’d rather we have dranghoul/groble/half troll nemesis. they are the most organized beast/half-beast faction, yet their significance is only in present in vanilla (fg got some groble tribes, but its pretty unimportant). are they considered as people or just beasts? they have much lore potential to be explored.

insects already got mad queen. mad queen is mad because its not considered as insect nemesis.

imo moggy, ravagey, & kra’vall can be considered as beast nemesis too. but they’re more powerful than other nemesis. hence they’re considered as superbosses.

its also worth nothing however that the c’thonians have insects too in AoM - the blood keepers. pretty similar to dermapteran.

3 Likes

I just want some kind of acid/poison nemesis. I feel like that damage type is somewhat lacking in endgame enemies.

1 Like

Kaisan says hi https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/1839/skills

1 Like

This!

/10char

1 Like

but grobles/dranghoul/trolls are so boring :disappointed:
beetle walking on 2 legs is cool :smiley:

Hi think we asked for this a while ago and it’s a great idea.

How about a gigantic Hornet to kill you for slaughtering all those wasps for loot/levels? :smile:

1 Like

A couple of attacks that happen to have acid in them (along with other elements) does not make an acid/poison themed creature.

1 Like