advice on Spellbreaker needed, pretty please

Hey everyone,

my recently started Spellbreaker hit level 41 now and i am kinda unsure what to do next.

i am using 2x Duelists Sabre(+4 to Quick Cut which results in 8/8) with Mistborne Talisman as main attack + Shadow Strike as RMB attack. OFF is used for killing trash and general CC.

i invested a good amount of points into DW skills + the SS line and i am not sure i should pump more points into it or finish mastery level. It does work well and i got a enough survivebility to not die ^^ my main concern is to keep it as good as it is

for Devotion i actually though about binding Wendigos Mark to SS (thats why i have Sailors Guide), but i am not sure if i should really do that or if there is a better use for the point.

Edit: Twin Fangs is bound to Troll Rage and Falcon Swoop to SS.

Skills + devotions
http://grimcalc.com/build/mhBX1Q

Dont bother with Bat and Wendigo, maybe get behemoth but work your way to leviathan

+1 If you have problems sustaining/surviving get Maivens sooner than later. The big devotions you should work your way to are Leviathan and Unknown Shadow, bat and wendigo are a waste and are only good for some early sustain but you shouldn’t need it with maivens/pburst. Get Assassin and Blades of Nadaan asap. For your masteries you are on the right track. Max pneumatic burst asap you want that big heal and the total speed buff. I’d probably make my way to execution and get all the WPS to at least 5/8 and max out Night’s Chill, then go back to arcanist and max out maiven’s and make my way towards star pact. Don’t forget a point in nullification can turn off reflects with it which is great when shadow strike does 100000 dmg later on

If you want to go a caster type spellbreaker, my CDR capped Spellbreaker build is really fun, and showcases the power of CDR capping Shadow Strike at about 85% CDR (Used to be that you could get it to 100% CDR, and was probably the most broken build in the game at that time, but those days are long gone). Its a REALLY fun build if you like mobility though, as a major strength of the build is the insanely low CD on shadow strikes means you can afford to blow it on trash all the time, and by the time you even reach them you have it back up again (Infact, this allows a nice chunk of upfront burst in a fight, if you SS to a target and use the resetted CD to SS them again).

If you want to go a caster type spellbreaker, my CDR capped Spellbreaker build is really fun, and showcases the power of CDR capping Shadow Strike at about 85% CDR (Used to be that you could get it to 100% CDR, and was probably the most broken build in the game at that time, but those days are long gone). Its a REALLY fun build if you like mobility though, as a major strength of the build is the insanely low CD on shadow strikes means you can afford to blow it on trash all the time, and by the time you even reach them you have it back up again (Infact, this allows a nice chunk of upfront burst in a fight, if you SS to a target and use the resetted CD to SS them again).

This is probably the most difficult build to gear properly… You have to find some legendary with an optimal roll on CD reduction… took me around a month to find all the items…

Except the build works on suboptimal gear just fine.

The majority of the gear works on vendor items. The optimization comes from the rare items. Remember, you have an innate access to an easy 29% CDR on just Starpact 12/12 +perfect CDR rolled offhand, 25% more SS CDR from 12/12 NJE, Death’s Vigil, Black Legion, and Kymon’s have CDR helms of 5%, and there are tons of legendary and epic amulets that grant CDR too, one of which you can buy from Death’s Vigil (The Aether amulet thing they have).

This means you can either start with innately or buy from vendors an easy 39% global CDR, and another 25% on Shadow strike. Many items grant +skills which stack the CDR up further rather quick. Is it hard to hit the optimum 85% CDR on Shadow Strike? Hella hard. Is the build easy to get to the point of being able to play it? Very. The optimization comes in numbers of 1% per item on some optimal items (items granting either +starpact or +NJE ranks, of which only every second upgrade matters as well, as CDR is only flat%, not decimal values), the rest of it is rather easy.

Thanks a lot for all the help, especially with the devotions i will change them asap :smiley:

85% CDR

Is this even possible? I’m stuck at 52% + 28% from NJE.

Part of the perfect CDR requires a perfect double rare Amulet role, a Magi (Of +starpact ranks to boot) of the Grove amulet.

Odds are you will get to around 80% on it, assuming you can get all the legendaries needed. Go and look in my thread for the way to do it, a guy linked exactly what was required to land on that 85%.

I have that amulet… I found out that I lack the medal (but i have a +5SS BoM, and i do not know if it is worth to replace the latter with the first) and the boot (pretty sure i found at least 2-3 pieces of those in the past, but I probably sold them.)

You think it is worth to go for 85 at the price of -5 to SS and giving up a well rolled Stonehide Exalted Greaves of the Kings with armor bonus???

Just see what the DPS meter says if you equip those items. You can probably get a close enough guess from that to say what would work out best for you. Effectively, if you go from 80% CDR to 85% CDR, not counting in any other variables (which you have a lot of), you gain about 33% DPS. The loss in the base strikes though from the +5 overlevels will probably compete pretty hard with that, so it’s very hard to say what is perfectly optimal for you, especially when you lose out on the resistances you have from your boots/medal.

min maxers. lol.