Aegis of menhir for a newbie

Hi guys,

What build is best for AoM for a newbie with almost nothing in shared stash, so like ssf with farming all MIs along the way.

There are so many builds. But which would be the easiest?

cheers!

One of these I suppose:

• cooldown Fire / Burn Aegis with some other skill like Guardians or Kalastor

• cooldown Acid / Poison Aegis (+ Dreeg’s Evil Eye or Guardians for example) that could transition (or not) into spam Retaliation Acid Aegis budget variant with Perdition for example at level 100

• Pierce Spam Aegis (leveled as Cooldown Physical Aegis and some other skills)

1 Like

Would it be Ultimate viable or a Gran CHore ?

Definitely ultimate viable though acid version really lacks support early so I really only suggest fire. No where to get acid shield and youre left with kinda halfassed evil eye as support. Fire aegis combined with really any other fire skill will do very well! Personal suggestion is aegis+blackwater.

Side note that aegis is absolute dog shit early on. Level with something else

2 Likes

i think your best bet is Sentinel.

You can later switch either to full Virtue Set and play full fire Aegis, or you can follow MadLee retal Aegis with Sentinel of the Three set - rather different devotions setup but this class combo gives you a lot of options even if you don’t want Aegis later on.

Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator - full Virtue fire Sentinel with Aegis
gloves are craftable
Boots - probably you can use Mythical Earthshatter Treads instead
i would take Solael-Sect pants for adtch here and Spider + two nods in Obelisk of Menhir (for extra armor) instead of Raven and Hawk, but it’s up to you

[1.1.9.8] Caustic Rebuke: 4:05m Crucible Gladiator, SR 90, 34 seconds Ravager retaliation caster Sentinel by mad_lee [sr+][c+][vid] - Grim Dawn / Classes, Skills and Builds - Crate Entertainment Forum - acid retal Aegis

1 Like

Thank you guys for insigts and support!