Albrecht's Aether Ray Needs a Buff

Yeah, that’s what I mean. The mix of the cooldown/wind-up between getting, say, stunned. I think I just described wrong due to not paying attention to my own words.

Spellbinder AAR is pretty awesome so far. It doesn’t need a set to be effective and there’s a lot of variety in the support skills you can choose from while using it, since the Spellbinder’s defense is so good.

I think the issue is AAR not dealing enough damage for what it is.

I’d rather have AAR deal obscene single target damage than be an AoE.

And I’ll point this out here, I don’t care about AAR not piercing all that much because to me that’s never been an issue. Would I like it to pierce? Yeah, but most of the problems I’m having are when 1v1 fights happen against bosses and other monsters where the beam just doesn’t deal enough damage, especially when you have to run away or reposition a lot.

As I mentioned above, I like the idea of AAR being the single target, high damage ability it is. Piercing would be fine, but I don’t think it’s necessary given how many Arcanist abilities can do AoE damage, and the various combos can also bring that to the table (Siphon Souls, Canister Bomb, Sigil, even Shaman stuff, etc.).

I think the damage should be way higher, I think I may re-write the original post with this as the focus. AAR should be the gross single-target laser it was always meant to be. I think increasing the damage scaling with rank may ultimately be the solution to the problem.

Exactly this

Let’s not forget they did it to Cadence, I don’t see why AAR shouldn’t receive the same treatment (unless devastation is somehow coming into the balancing equation?)

”AAR is dead to me”

DikkieDikk oct 2017

Imho a big problem is that Crate seems to hate CC. I do not know why they think it is a good idea to hand out unbreakable permanent immunities but it is grating on my nerves. Using CC to keep enemies away should be a valid alternative to be able to facetank almost everything. If you want CC immunities give enemies breakers and short lasting immunities. This affects classes which rely heavily on CC quite severely like Sorcerer for example. On top of that these mobs often have great run speed, high HP, hit like trucks and/or even have charge abilities on low CD. This is just utterly absurd.
This shit is just silly in some parts especially the expansion.