Allagast set makes no sense now with Star Pact change

The Allagast set scepter features cold damage converted to aether. The set also features bonuses to Star Pact. 1.0.7.1 adds aether damage converted to cold to Star Pact. I feel like this must not have occurred to somebody.

The Allagast set is now destroyed, unless I am blind and missing something.

Also kinda sorta accidentally destroyed the Allagast set, unless I’m missing something.

Pretty sure Allagast will be adjusted. And to be fair, only the Storm Box modifier is affected by this, because the TSS conversion comes before the Star Pact conversion. They can just give cold to aether on the Storm Box Modifier.

The Sky Shard modifier was changed to cold damage from aether for this reason.

The Storm Box one is currently Aether, but we may do the same thing to it down the line.

It is. Allagast set need to be revamped again. That bonus to star pact and aether lightning TSS on the set makes no sense now. Honestly, aether TSS cannot be made anymore unless there’s enough modifier to flatly reduced TSS cool down. Although, I kinda agree with the changes on star pact though, but you guys need to at least give some defensive properties to clairvoyant set now.

I agree with the changes on albrecth’s duality, but removing CDR from iskandra’s hood and amulet, kinda harsh…

Also thanks on reverting the discord cadence changes. Also that malakor’s infusion, hot damnnnnn

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Now, I understand this isn’t really the focus of the set, but the scepter does aether damage, and I used Chain Lightning (Seal of the Skies) on left-click when my skills were on cooldown. The scepter converted part of the cold damage to aether, and along with the weapon damage portion, I kind of had a aether/lightning Chain Lightning (with a bit of cold). I know the change was made for other reasons, but it kind of irks me that it had that effect of my build. There are other aether builds than spellbinder out there. :undecided:

I just realized it’s probably also converting my item and devotion procs (like Spear of the Heavens), isn’t it? Ugh… it’s killing my motivation to play Allagast. It’s not like it was OP to begin with.

Well, order of conversion may influence this.

for example, I think Slathsarr Crest PRM builds may have circumvented the Star Pacts changes due to the conversion order. For the PRM skill.

But let’s take a look at the Allagast set. I mean, come on. The set has bonuses to Star Pact. It wants you to take Star Pact. Only now, all my aether procs are going to get converted to cold. I don’t care that the item skill mod comes first. Anything not caused by an item skill mod is going to get converted. I don’t think an Allagast build occured to anyone involved in this change.

I believe Zantai’s already replied on this front. Allagast being changed to Cold TSS results in still wanting to take Star Pact anyways, and Aether Storm Box isn’t affected (transmuter takes priority). The only real issue is if you were trying to do both at once, which is certainly possible and may be worth looking into:

Frankly, Allagast being a Cold Storm Box would be much stronger, if not thematically appropriate for its appearance. You’d then actually make use of the Electrocute -> Frostburn, which Aetherbox doesn’t.

ooook, but like I was saying. Procs. Spear of the Heavens, Arcane Bomb, etc.

So…swap to Cold procs? I don’t really see the issue.

it still fucking up any procs you take by converting 50% of there aether damage to cold. And procs are easily 35/40% of most builds damage out put.
So yes this will effect Allagast builds.

Why should you have to use cold procs which are found on cold gear or give cold damage bonuses in devotion instead of aether?

Then you’d have to give me 100% aether to cold, because I don’t want to have to settle for 50% of anything just because of Spellbinders. At that point, I might as well be a Trozan’s Druid.

If you’re taking Aether procs on a Cold Damage TSS I don’t know what to tell you.

Because aether/cold has shitty support compared to pure aether or cold?

Except that the set still has aether converion for stormbox and boost aether damage?

/10characters

you realize allagast isnt a cold set right? It fucking converts cold damage to aether on TSS, so yes I want to add aether procs to the build

So why would I take cold fucking procs…

Add Devastation to an allagsat build and you lose 50% of your aether damage
add Wrath of Agrivix to an allagast build and you lose 50% of your aether damage

Yet your suggestion is to add cold procs fuck off…

Ahem…

We’ll make necessary adjustments so Allagast retains its identity.

Can potentially, for example, wean it off of Star Pact in favor of Reckless Power and add a Cooldown Reduction modifier for Reckless Power.