Allows experience gain to be turned off/on

In the current game I can’t level with:

• All resistances at 80%, most of the time they are much lower than that in normal mode, acts 1, 2, 3 and 4. The loot in normal is horrible!
  • my OA/DA are low and I get hit killed.
    It gets worse when it’s hardcore mode.

Maybe you can use items from other characters, but I already said above that I deleted my save game on the PC. And on xbox I didn’t reach level 100, I have a lot of low level hardcore characters.

Understand, for you the game is fine as it is, for me, if this optional functionality was added, I would really only switch Act when the build was complete. (not because I need to, but because it’s my style of play). The way the game is, it’s impossible for my style of play, I don’t know if we have the same game?

Furthermore, I would not be able, for example, to repeat content at level 58, SR and Crucible, without gaining experience and leaving that level, especially now in version 1.2. Before, on Normal, the experience gain was insignificant after level 58, you could play on Normal and not lose much in level. This is no longer possible in version 1.2. So, my farm at approximately level 58 to increase in difficulty is no longer possible since version 1.2.

What solution would you give me if I wanted to spend more time on a certain level, using only the current game, without mods?

And this is all said in my first message.
Again, it’s not because you need to stop at a level to complete the content, but because MY WAY OF PLAYING is by building builds from the beginning, throughout the entire process. And I’m much more of a perfectionist than you. It’s ok for you, but are you so arrogant that you don’t consider that for other people it might still not be ok?

My arguments are valid! And you can be sure that I will defend my point in this topic until the end!

But adding, in hardcore, I wanted to create an extra set of items from Act 1, before going to Act 2, to leave in storage. So, if I die in Act 2, in the next attempt, I have already secured the equipment from Act 1. So, I stay in Act 1 until I have a second Act 1 set in storage, and then I move on to Act 2… And so on onwards, always leaving a set of extra equipment before moving on to the next act. Because for me it’s not easy to reach level 100 in hardcore. All of this requires me to stop at a certain level to gain equipment at that level.

yes, you can, while you’re right it’s technically bothersome to get 80 res early, it’s also technically not impossible, and it’s most definitely not complicated from act 3 and onward just with regular stuff

this is not a thing, i think you’re misunderstanding on how OA/DA works?
it’s impossible in grim dawn to receive a 0% hit rating, and you’re not not dying purely based on hit checks

and, stopping XP gain would not change that mechanically :smile: - again i think there is some basic stuff you’re misunderstanding or game mechanics you’re not aware of?

i don’t, i use Mandates and Merits for the rep gain and unlocked Ultimate difficulty/portals and inventory bags; my chars use the items they find as they level.

i just showed you a screenshot of literally highglighting one of your chosen points being objectively inaccurate, so perhaps we’re playing a total different game and you’re playing a mod and not just Grim Dawn? if you still think what i’m saying is not applicable, despite showing you :sweat_smile:

you could level all the way to 80 just clearing the game
but yes, since act 3-7 scales to 100 now you can’t repeat grind lower areas, this is true (but also has absolutely nothing todo with the points you used earlier, such as rep gain etc etc)

none, again, you seem to misunderstand or mistranslate several parts still?
i agree with your idea; because it’s good for this purpose.
But “this is also not one of the reasons you used earlier”; the earlier stated reasons “the ones i disagreed with/said made no sense and showed screen shot of being factually wrong” you don’t need to stop XP gain “because you can already do those as is right now”

again i’m not disagreeing with the suggestion to add a slow/stop XP gain potion, i’m saying the previous listed reasons didn’t make sense “because those you can already do” - literally showed screenshot of ex the reputation issue you raised.

i’m not being arrogant, again, language barrier? you seem to constantly gloss over or understand or ignore 2 key parts
1 i’m agreeing with the suggestion and think it’s a good idea
i’m disagreeing with the specific reasons chosen; as in “you could have used different/better reasons”, because the issues you listed now “isn’t a thing”
you claim rep gain is an issue, i’m showing you we can already get Respected well before 35 as just an example of one your listed reasons chosen being flawed/inaccurate… - “this issue you can already solve in game and don’t have to wait for devs to give you anti XP potion”, while still agreeing that yes devs should add anti xp potion
^let me know if you still have trouble understanding or translating that and i can try repeat it for a 4th time or clarify/explain it differently if it might help

again, technically it doesn’t, but perhaps you are again misunderstanding mechanics or just not aware of how to potentially obtain it with the already available ingame means?
Again, super easy example is your very example used; act 1 still has fixed level scaling so you can repeat that over and over, and totems will scale to to area level too…
This also goes for later acts even if ex act 3 scales to 100 now; you can still obtain items without actually grinding XP level, but it sounds like you’re simply just not aware of how?

again, the idea/suggestion is good, it’s just those chosen reasons you can already solve “now”, and you don’t have to wait for devs or modders… ← try to carefully understand or translate that point so it’s not misconstrued once more, please…

I do not agree with you.
I can’t complete a build at level X before reaching level X+15.
I can no longer farm items when completing normal, so I have to switch to Epico since version 1.2. And in the same way, from Epico to Ultimate.
I can’t enjoy “rogue-like” dungeons, SR and Crucible without leveling up, and then needing to redo the build.

And all of this is understandable with the following statement:

The summary of the post, that is, if the person wants to, but since you don’t want to, then, now your argument is that I didn’t say that in the first topic.

Ok, this whole discussion just helped me put even more arguments to add this functionality, if any developer wastes their time reading your childishness.

Not anymore, before, in Act 1, epic items were levels 14, 15, 16… (<20). Now, in 1.2, I can get up to 27 items. This is because my characters are level 22. But I think that if I only played in Act 1, I would be able to receive items according to my character’s level up to the maximum that can be obtained in normal, with the new scaling.

go in lower zones…
not all zones in act 1 scale to same level…

again, it’s like you’re totally missing basic features already in the game @_@

no matter how many times i explain it…

the other/new reasons are totally good, but that’s still completely unrelated to"the original point of the original reasons not making the same sense because “you can already do that”… i really don’t understand why you struggle this much to understand that very specific part (and repeatedly try to redirect away from it as if new stuff changes the original)

The game in version 1.2 is no longer what you think it is. It doesn’t affect you, so great. And I actually loved the change, but now more than ever I need to stop gaining experience.

No, I can not!

my man, i already showed you several points “of which you can”
it’s like you’re
A, completely 3000% not understanding what i’m saying (no matter how it’s explained)
B, repeatedly redirect and make new additions
C, then follow up with more misunderstandings as the those new misconstrued parts are diverted back →

maybe i need to really make a simplified comparison to help put it across?
it’s like you’re asking for strawberry icecream, i’m saying strawberry icecream already exists, you then say “but i want lactose free strawberry icecream”, and i say “yes lactose free strawberry icecream exist” - and finally you come to the meat of it with “i want lactose free gluten free vegan strawberry icecream with whole organic strawberries and strawberry jam swirl”

^the original mention was strawberry icecream, and strawberry icecream is already in the game, “that’s why that reason doesn’t make sense”
when you’re asking because of “lactose free gluten free vegan strawberry icecream with whole organic strawberries and strawberry jam swirl” then yes you can’t do that “but that also wasn’t what you said”
and i’ve explained this several times now, and told you the ways those can be directly handled
stop adding new or more criterias, because that was never the point.
^this is also why i agreed with your suggestion and said it was a good idea, because to those other points, it 100% makes sense…
ffs this mistranslation bs is getting kinda annoying now srs… :neutral_face:

here, have another screenshot showing parts you’re off on “as to the original point”

lvl 100 char, getting a lvl 14 epic, because lower level zones in act 1 still has XY scaling

does it help come across now?
or is it futile as the reputation demonstration because you either don’t understand it or simply just refuse to acknowledge it ?

adding new/more criteria for why anti XP potion is good does nothing as to the original point…
yes adding anti XP potion is a good idea - there are several reasons why it’s a good idea
^it doesn’t change that the original reasons can already be handled with current ingame methods available

I do not agree with you!
You don’t need to stop gaining experience to play Grim Dawn,
But you need to gain experience if you want:

What a big text, I didn’t even read it!

But I will put my arguments:

the points raised is not something to “agree”, that’s the point… it’s objective fact ffs… and my screenshots literally showcases that the original points raised “can be solved already with current ingame means” :man_facepalming:
that’s the point
you are disagreeing because of other points. And/or misunderstanding the original parts that’s being addressed and showcased “as currently possible”
i’m literally showing you screenshots with parts you claimed requires XP stop “when it doesn’t”…
other points are totally fine; but those are also not the original points that got addressed initially; you trying to keep alter it or adding more doesn’t change that

You haven’t proven anything, and this screenshot proves nothing!

I have already obtained items with levels above 20 and below 28 with a level 22 character, who is still in Act 1, and did not kill the last boss of Act 1. (see images in the first topic, where we have a level 26 character, who has not yet gone to Act 2 and with level 33 loot)

You with your level 100 character making level 15 loot doesn’t prove anything!

it literally proves what you say can’t be done; can be done
you just dont’ realize how/where to handle it
“which is the overall point being raised”, just like the rep gain, just like the general item obtaining, just like the resist obtaining…
“if a level 100 char can drop a level 14 item; so can your char” - act 1 does not only drop lvl 20+ items…

Lie!
You don’t need to stop gaining experience to play Grim Dawn,
But you need stop to gain experience if you want:

no, and →

it’s seriously like you dont’ even understand what i’m saying or what you’re doing… moving the goalpost doesn’t change the original point

I think you’ve both made your points so agree to disagree and move on.

Yes, I will receive many items below 20 in Act 1, and a few items above 20, usually epic.

But, again, if I keep farming in Act 1, I will increase my level a lot, but without having good level 20+ equipment (because it drops less frequently). As in 1.2 the content is scaled, when going to a Monster Totems in Act 1, with a level higher than 20, this content is scaled to the level I have (I have already felt the difference in this new version 1.2). Right now, my equipment is mostly level 12-15, while my character is level 22 and so are the Monster Totems! If I keep farming in Act 1, the difference between what I equip and my level will only get bigger.

nooo, that’s literally what i’m showcasing you by using a level 100 char; you can drop lowever level items; but you need to go to the right zones in act 1…
ffs…
if you kill monster totems in a level 20 zone; you will likely drop level 20+ items
if you kill heroes or totems in a level 15 zone, you will more likely get items lvl 15-20…
it’s pretty basic, you just need to go to a lower scaled area “in act1” to kill the right level enemies/totems for the item level yo’re afte
if you’re bonking totems in ex Warden cellar you will get lvl 27 items yes
but if you bonk totems in lower crossing you will not, and if you bonk enemies in the right zones in between, you will get level 20 items…
the game will not scale the enemies or loot higher for your lvl 20 char, than it does for my max level 100 char… it’s the same game same areas same scaling same loot potential (within some RNG variance ofc)
you really just seem to misunderstand that very basic point about going to the right place for the proper scaling (same as before 1.2 btw)

We both agreed that stopping gaining experience would be a useful and optional addition that wouldn’t hurt anyone.

But, in addition, I would add that as version 1.2 stands, this would help those who like to enjoy low-level content, since scaling no longer allows you to create farm points like before (level brackets), which there was the normal limit to equip for epic, the epic limit to equip for ultimate.

1 Like

Dude, big text, I didn’t even read it, but one thing doesn’t cancel out the other.

If I could stop gaining experience I would be able to do this at level 15 in Act 1. And that’s impossible as it is without going well beyond level 20. So, there’s no point, you’re wrong either because you don’t know or because you don’t want to admit it. that is wrong.