An Update on v0.9.2 Development

cant agree anymore!!!!!!!

It’s already the 17th today. May I know when exactly 092 will be updated? Don’t wait any longer

As said in the OP:

2 Likes

I think the ability to build a simple wooden bridge/path/pontoon/pier type thing to cross water would be fantastic. It would help alleviate the mild gripe of having to path around a large lake just to access the resources on the other side!

1 Like

This would definitely pump up the game options and interest, sadly dev’s have already said it was not in the first oficial release pipeline, and if released at all that would be a DLC option after release.

There are great bridges built in the medieval times: https://architectureofcities.com/medieval-bridges

I particularly like this one as it could combine defense towers as they are so similar to what we have in FF:

It would, but

Yes I saw that update, but I was wondering if just a simple, basic wooden bridge for crossing only (not for defense purposes) was possible without any massive changes needed. No worries, guess it’ll be something to look forward to in a DLC at some point!

At the moment we can only make walls in straight lines, will it be possible to make rounded walls soon? :star_struck:

4 Likes

Would be great to come as new map types; Lowland Rivers, Alpine Rivers, and Arid Rapids

I’m really, really looking forward to the release :heart_eyes: :heart_on_fire:

New player in waiting here, interesting to read updates and ideas; can anyone well placed comment if it’s worth awaiting full v1.0 release for a campaign rather than sandbox experience, ie jump in now or not?

I’m coming from Frostpunk baseline, also games like Ixion, TAB, Surviving the Aftermath, Endzone and also looking forwards towards Frostpunk 2, Manor Lords and Endzone 2. Currently trialling New Cycle also in EA

Welcome to the forum. :grinning:

The game will not have a campaign, it’s sandbox only.

1 Like

I bought the game relatively early and I haven’t regret it. Contentwise there was always enough to do, and it was nice to see the game get bigger & better over time.

So, I think it’s fine to play now. (Maybe wait till 0.9.2 is released, since it’s close and it will probably make sense to start a new map once it’s available.)

3 Likes

Thanks both for your replies, will track progress closely and ponder when to jump in. If devs see this, try a campaign later, version 1.1 perhaps, even if paid dlc? So many story scenarios i could think of to add a bit of pressure, meaning and purpose. Game engine looks great anyway

Is there any way to be notified win 9.2 is ready for testing?

1 Like

Just keep checking the forum’s public test discussion section, Zantai will announce it there when he opens it up again.

can we try it this week?

It’s up to Zantai when he’ll put v0.9.2 into playtesting.

I ran out of heavy tools in my town and the foundry’s broke before they could make any more. No traders have had any for sale for three years. I am waiting with baited breath for this playtest to go live… :sob:

You can shut down another building with a heavy tool and they will bring it to the Blacksmith