An Update on v0.9.2 Development

New player in waiting here, interesting to read updates and ideas; can anyone well placed comment if it’s worth awaiting full v1.0 release for a campaign rather than sandbox experience, ie jump in now or not?

I’m coming from Frostpunk baseline, also games like Ixion, TAB, Surviving the Aftermath, Endzone and also looking forwards towards Frostpunk 2, Manor Lords and Endzone 2. Currently trialling New Cycle also in EA

Welcome to the forum. :grinning:

The game will not have a campaign, it’s sandbox only.

1 Like

I bought the game relatively early and I haven’t regret it. Contentwise there was always enough to do, and it was nice to see the game get bigger & better over time.

So, I think it’s fine to play now. (Maybe wait till 0.9.2 is released, since it’s close and it will probably make sense to start a new map once it’s available.)

3 Likes

Thanks both for your replies, will track progress closely and ponder when to jump in. If devs see this, try a campaign later, version 1.1 perhaps, even if paid dlc? So many story scenarios i could think of to add a bit of pressure, meaning and purpose. Game engine looks great anyway

Is there any way to be notified win 9.2 is ready for testing?

1 Like

Just keep checking the forum’s public test discussion section, Zantai will announce it there when he opens it up again.

can we try it this week?

It’s up to Zantai when he’ll put v0.9.2 into playtesting.

I ran out of heavy tools in my town and the foundry’s broke before they could make any more. No traders have had any for sale for three years. I am waiting with baited breath for this playtest to go live… :sob:

You can shut down another building with a heavy tool and they will bring it to the Blacksmith

I know that. All theirs broke, too.

You should always leave clothes, weapons, tools in reserve.

I find a good rule of thumb is, after having a Blacksmith for a bit, to keep spare Heavy Tools (as well as Weapons) at at least 10. Dip lower and add the relevant item on production for a while until you reach at least 15 before taking it off production again. Otherwise keep regular Tools on a high number.

If you keep Tools at 4 or 5 on a fully staffed Blacksmith (I find I rarely have an excess of them), then you can switch Weapons on 1 or Heavy Tools on 2 when they need to be produced.

Check the update 092 every day. No updates

In the illustrative image of the game we see round and curved walls, it will be possible to do this in the future? Walls, buildings, bigger or curved farms?

1 Like

Unlikely it seems.

I’m anxiously awaiting the release - honestly, best game I’ve had the pleasure to play for years.
Here’s a question.

Will there be a population cap at 1,000 still? I always hit this mark, wait a bit, then start a new city. Resources, food supply, capped out upgrades, killed all the raiders, and would love to see it become larger/more challenging. I know the mods have addressed this before with game play issues (choppiness), mine is still un-glitchy and smooth at 1K pop.

Speaking of population… what tends to happen for my towns once they hit this mark, is the game automatically starts killing off people to keep to population around 995-997. This triggers a labour shortage, as new kiddos are born, but require a decade to become adults and get into the workforce.

1 Like

“Maximum population of 1000“ It was lifted a long time ago,In the settings interface

Opening the webpage with anticipation, 092,no, leaving disappointed :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

hahah, same. Last time if I remember correctly it was a friday afternoon. So im still hoping its out when i get off work later.

1 Like