And the Most Powerful Enemy in the Game Is...

Yeah, I think that we and Nssheepster haven’t fought the same nemeses because even with good builds (2,2k DA, 1k+armor, 10k+ hp, overcapped resists) they are all able to strike a blow that remove more than 1/4 of your hp (and not almost never, at each encounter …)

But hey, I’m curious to see your build(s) :slight_smile:

Hahaha indeed! Valdaran is one of the easier of the nemesis’s but that guy still packs a punch!

I’ll gladly share my build with you.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53990

You’re telling me in a single hit, every Nemesis removes 20% of your health? Really? One hit?

I have no idea what builds you’re making that that happens. The only time I came anywhere near that was with an insanely glass cannon styled Infernal Knight character, and that guy died to basically a strong sneeze.

Shrug. Maybe I just build overly tanky.

EDIT: Yes, shotgunning things can clearly remove 20% of your HP or more, but that’s hardly one hit, now is it? Aetherfire is one tick, 20%.

Not to argue but my highest damage taken on my warlock was about 6.2k and on my Spellbreaker I actually got hit for 12k (this was at Edge of Reality) :eek: but had my friend buffing me and an entire page of potions popped so I managed to survive :cool:! I about crapped myself. I actually have it recorded lmao.

I’d love to have a build that doesn’t get murdered, are you using a shield or something? And could you share?

That must’ve been one hell of a lucky crit on the wrong ability. Dang.

As I’ve mentioned in a few other threads, I tossed all but one character in preparation for the expansion. Last character is an AAR Druid I’ve been tinkering with off and on. I do intend to actually make a build guide for that one, but with the expansion forthcoming, I’m thinking I should wait to do so until that’s out. Optimizing right now is probably going to be fairly different from optimizing with 15 more levels, plus all the items and augments, maybe some new components as well… But if the tankiness stays the same, then the build guide should be pretty nice.

I don’t even want an explanation, I’m wiping my hands clean of this thread.

…? I wanted to start the expansion fresh. Is that so wrong, somehow? After you get tons of stuff and tons of characters, a new start can be appealing at times. I’m not about to, say, go D3 on it and restart every few months, but I’ve played a lot of Grim Dawn, I had a lot of junk kicking around… Now I don’t, and I can start again.

Good point about adding some green-ish creep on the sides of the screen when you are standing on the ground that deals damage for too long. I like Port Valbury (used to hate it), it’s challenging, but with right gear and preparation it’s very doable. However, I still hate those moments when I am fighting like 3 heroes and one aether tower and it’s an armageddon on screen and suddenly couple of aethersouls sneak into the middle of it all and surely I always start noticing only when my hp starts dropping by quarters.

It’s especially deadly when you are fighting like 5 aetherwarped trolls and 4 possed mages in a narrow building, there is no way to say if some aethersoul just creeped its way to you from upstairs or is it a spell from one of the enemies.

I like all of your ideas–as well as making moving smoothers