Annihilation, Mortar Trap, Storm Shard, Storm Totem

Regarding Mortar Trap, i’ve been using it and it looks like the % physical/fire bonuses from Heavy Ordnance are only being applied to the basic mortar fires and not The Big One.

Really, i think Heavy Ordnance should also apply to it before considering buffing The Big One’s damage any further.

Maybe Storm Totem’s damage could stay as it is, but instead give it some sort of debuff like a chance to stun or interrupt for utility. We seem to have enough big damage dealing Lightning skills and it would fit into the trap theme better.

CCs aren’t really valuable in Grim Dawn.

I think perhaps if people are finding Storm Totem underwhelming, the solution is in something already in the game and associated with Lightning. “Chance of X% Lightning Damage” is already a thing in this game. Use it again. There’s nothing wrong with keeping to the Lightning theme that the game has established, and the double-crit functionality is entertaining sometimes.

As for having enough big damage lightning skills… In many cases, Cold, Fire, and Lightning function much the same. The difference is only in source and asthetics. So in that regard, maybe Lightning is all the big burst damage skills… So what? Fire and Cold function much the same, and as long as the others fill the gap, it’s fine.

OFC, Cold isn’t great right now, but we’re being led to believe that will change a little with Necromancer.

Something like this would be awesome

I spend a day to choose the vids and make a gif to show you guys. Enjoy

1. Example from outdate MMO I played long time ago

I choose only what interesting to show you guys.

Mu Online (Webzen, Korea)
An interesting concept skill for Necromancer. :slight_smile:

Another beautiful ground glyph. Not only need to be circle.

Continent of the Ninth (Webzen, Korea)
A beautiful tornado and interesting projectile

2. Nowaday MMOs.

Tera Online (NCsoft, Korea)
Awesome casting and beautiful animation
Sorcerer Skill

Moonlight Blade (Tencent, China)
Awesome bladework

Kritika Online (ALLM, Korea)
3 style mage skills

Revelation online (NetEase, China)
All classes gameplay

Blade & Souls (NCsoft, Korea)
6 classes gameplay

Black Desert (Pearl Abyss, Korea)
All classes gameplay

3. ***Coming Soon (You can’t miss these)***

Twilight Spirits (NetEase, China)

Lost Ark (Smilegate, Korea)

Lineage Eternal (NCsoft, Korea)

Personal Ideas

• For old skills in GD those skyfall-like or projectile. It can be not only meteor or rocks fall. It can be sharp ice shard, glowing sword/spear, or others too
  • For movement skill. I think it is depend on how devs think about this. If say no, then they should find something support ranged and caster. I think only make people think how to facetank or kiting to something you can’t outrun with these play styles is very awkward.
  • For new CC. I’m thinking about something like “Gravity orbs/ball” works like black hole to accelerate everything around it to the center. It may be outperform slow in many reasons, but it is good for making some fast-pace things running too fast to a char. But add new mechanic like acceleration may consume too much hardware. (Even now I still playing GD in lowest quality to get 60 fps when record vids lol)

PS. I hope this comment would help devs and people get ideas to create beautiful skill animation, effect, shape, moveset etc.
You may quote it and make a new thread to help devs find it easier for ideas of creating new contents :smiley:

Seeing as the other topic discussing Annihilation was hijacked into other Relics, let’s continue here.

The recent patch reduced Annihilation’s Granted Skill: Meteor’s energy cost and increased its burn damage.

I feel that although this made Meteor a lot better, the problem of the discrepancy between Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm and Annihilation remains.

Most Demolitionists will want increased Burn damage and especially Burn duration, but it is lacking in Annihilation. Hence why Ulzuin’s is preferred.
I think it would be better if Meteor’s burn damage was reverted, but give the Relic some Burn damage/duration.
That may make it more similar to Ulzuin’s, but Annihilation is supposed to be an upgrade to Ulzuin’s.

Stat wise, Annihilation still feels a bit lacking. It gives quite a bit of Cunning & Spirit, but needs something more. A small amount of Speed, Attack or Total, as it seems to be aimed towards attacker-types. Or a resistance would be good too.
Or give it the unique “increased projectile speed” stat. Not sure if it would affect Meteor, but would be helpful for the lobbed projectile skills.

That huge blast meteor by Kathanious would be nice! Raise the cooldown even more and make it even more damaging. Since Cooldown Reduction doesn’t affect Granted Skills there wouldn’t be a way to break it easily.

Edit: after testing it again this patch, I remembered one big gripe with Meteor. The problem of it being blocked by door arches and walls is still very prevalent.