Announcement from Crate? What are you most interested in?

The thing I’m most interested in is the future of Grim Dawn. By that I mean both another expansion and Gri Dawn 2. Cncerning the second expansion, I don’t mean anything as large as AoM - I’d be fine with no new story, but a new mastery, a bunch of new items and Devotions, and a few new roguelike dungeons. Visual changes to skills which convert 100% damage. Maybe a new game mode, something resembling the infamous ‘‘endgame’’ (I said before I thin the best solution for this is to somehow implement Crucible waves in the main game map, and make them potentially infinite in number).

They could make a Grim Dawn 2 years from now (say 4 or 5). In a new engine, with better performance. That would be nice.

Eh, that would probably be good, but I’d like to see something in the same vein as Fallout: New Vegas set in the GD universe.

I know it can be damn cool, but as I said before , the Witcher, Skyrim, Fallout, these are big games and I feel that a souls-like would be easier to reproduce.

Witcher type game would also require a “sex stat”, that white haired bastard just couldn’t keep it in

Anyways, I am surprised at the lack of interest for an RTS

interessed by future for GD and mostly new engine / GD 2

I’m surprised that some people are still interested in RTS. It’s a very meticulous genre, in a bad way. No idea why it has “strategy” in the name when it’s just tactics at it’s best and execution of standartized setups, abuse of mechanics and sheer micromanagement at worst.

I don’t think it’s that nobody cares about having an RTS/city builder, I think it’s just that most people here probably care about Grim Dawn that much more. :stuck_out_tongue: A lot of us are here because we love clicking things and watching them explode into showers of loot that we can then customise our characters with, and something like an RTS/CB…probably wouldn’t scratch that same itch. Unless they get really creative, that is. I mean, there’s no reason why enemy armies couldn’t drop loads of affixed construction materials with stuff like “70% Bakery converted to Barracks” on them, I suppose. :cool:

If Crate did make a quality RTS/CB it’d probably sell pretty well, but to a different group of gamers. I probably wouldn’t be into it that much, personally.

personally i’m very interested to hear more about their collaboration with Nordic for TQ 2 :smiley:

yesterday i find myself dreaming about rogue-like Egyptian Dungeon, end-game legendary sets for Earth and Defense masteries and the like… how awesome would it be ?

joke aside i’m in the same boat as spikenik, i’ll look to whatever they bring next with interest but i’m not specially waiting for a RTS or city builder i confess.

I guess nostalgia?

I played AoE: Rise of Rome and WCIII:RoC and FT a lot as a kid. So I guess I just want a modern game to replace either of those

I had played a lot of WC3 as well. But RTS is inherently a pvp game and I sucked at it. Campaign was fun, but how much one could play through it - once? Twice?
When I finally discovered custom maps and DotA when it was in it’s early 6.0x-s I never looked back. And pretty much it was a time when RTS as a genre had started to decline.

I have played WC3 and FT, 9 times in the past 8 years (when I got it) and Age of Empires : Rise of Rome, I played the campaign 7 whole times in the past 10-11 years

It’s not a lot but I suppose it’s something

Impressive. :slight_smile:

While I’m also interested in their new game, I voted for the future of Grim Dawn…

In all these years, no other game has kept me so hooked, to the point of literally making me play it for thousands of hours and STILL enjoying it, like it’s a recently bought game…

Future of Grim Dawn !

For me, there are only a few games in my list of games to which I can play again and again, without getting bored, Grim Dawn is one of them since the game came out. Along with Path of Exile, Diablo 2, Ultima Online and Bejeweled 3 ( :stuck_out_tongue: )

Grim dawn is one of the few (if not only) old schoolish arpg’s that is actually really good.
I mean i like poe, but it does not have the same feel.
Do not get me started on torchlight and “diablo” 3.
The atmosphere, music, art style, everything screams please don’t ditch me. I loved diablo 2, i still play it. And grim dawn is a nice updated diabloish style game, that many people are really in love with. I know the whole world won’t play it, because sheep tend to stick to the herd…But i really want grim dawn to be something that lasts for years to come. Whether it be in the form of expansions, or moving onto an updated grim dawn 2. For a small team of developers and artists, i think i can speak for a few people and say, you guys hit the nail on the head.

Thank you.

Town Building game? Hmmmm… Wonder if this could be used as a inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkm7SZgwSww

Instead of dealing with the aetherial threat our hero would bang Korinia until the aetherial leaves her body…then bang it as well. Oh god why

del, wrong thread :smiley:

Never played Hinterland, but Tilted Mills Children of the Nile was an excellent example of the genre. :slight_smile: