Annoying item pet sounds

I’m using the Ghol’s Malice set for a pet/acid hybrid Cabalist and while the set is absolutely perfect for my build, one thing is really irritating:

The Gloves, Ghol’s Reach spawn a pet spider on critical attacks, they live for 18 seconds and the limit is 3. When there are already 3 spiders out, every other summon kills one of the present spiders and replaces them.
When they die, they make this signature videogame spider “spray cream” sound, which is pretty pierching when using headphones.

Normally I don’t have a problem with this sounds, not even when fighting large amounts of spiders. But since my character crits a lot, I hear this shrill death scream every few seconds, not matter where or what I am fighting. It is quite recognisable through the clutter of other sounds and gets really irritating when hearing it constantly for an hour or more.

Would it be possible to remove or heavily tone down the death sound of temporary pets like these in a future patch?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Is it annoying without the headphones?

1 Like

It is not as bad anymore, but still very noticable. It’s so regular, it’s like a metronome every 4 seconds.

I think the easy way out is to force no summons if summon limit is capped.
i.e. if there’s 3 spiders out, no more are summoned unless at least 1 dies.

Probably would help out a lot, unless you run into a situation where they get spawnkilled :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.