At which point players usually turn their characters into trophy?

by trophy, i mean a finished character. a char that you feel has completed its whole journey, and can only be enjoyed mostly as a trophy by remembering all the memories you get when playing the char.

is it when player has defeated all lvl 100 ult nemesis & bosses (and most superbosses)? is it when player has completed all the areas and dungeons accessible for that char? is it when player cleared wave 175 gladiator crucible and ultimate sr shard 75? is it when player gets all the possible Best in Slot gears for that char to complete their planned build?

i’ve been talking only about ultimate mode end tier trophy characters. but some players might only want to consider elite/veteran as end game for them. i’m curious too for what kind of trophy character for elite/veteran end game players.

maybe i just want to clearly define the point where i should shelve that char as trophy and start another build, just to get a sense that i have finished grim dawn partially. so that i can move on to complete my other games (and maybe return to gd at some point to relieve the nostalgia).

Some chars achieve more than others. Imo its not set what makes a char complete. Im am happy when the char does some sr and has completed crucible. Make different builds at the same time and come back later

I probably won’t reach that point. I’ve only been using one char so far (besides a low level alt I use to farm Aether Crystals) and will continue to use GDStash to keep rerolling that one for use in every theorycrafted build I can come up with or find interesting. That’s endgame for me.

Maybe I’ll try HC at some point, then death would be it’s trophy.

I’m altholic, so every character is never finished. Sooner or later even my oldest chars will be replaced because of changes over time (like changes of Trozan and Lost Souls sets or new way to create PB caster with FG release).
I’m planning to create retal Warlord though and finish all possible end game content. This char will be probably my first trophy char (after 1k+ hours)

i’m currently close to your situation. have 1 ultos ult melee 2h lightning warder as main char that farms end game gears and progress the storyline. i also have lots of chars with rough build plans, but i’m too non-committal to level up some to even reach lvl~50.

using low level alt to farm aether crystals sounds like an interesting idea… it also makes normal/veteran/elite has its own unique utility that is hard to achieve in ultimate. hardcore isn’t my cup of tea, since i have low end laptop and low reaction speed to sudden huge damage spike.

i worried that i’m altholic like you too. most likely because i have way too many games that is left unfinished. i think all gd players should have 1 cookie cutter build that is considered very viable to use in ult end tier farming and is stable against many changes in patches and metas.

1 Like