Attack Damage Converted to Health

So can someone clear up a few things regarding this?

1. There are certain constellations, components that offer % ADCtH.
    Now let’s say if i have a total of 10% ADCtH, would it mean that :-

-> From each hit that connects, 10% of it restores my hp?
-> Is this ADCtH connected to LMB or all skills? Like Sigil’s ADCtH is only tied to the damage done by sigil
-> For poison, DoT types. Does ADCtH get applied to each poison tick or just the initial one?
-> Do enemies/bosses have resistance to it?

1. A constellation power known as Wendigo’s Mark caught my eye, does it act like sigil, i.e it restores hp based on the damage it does. Or is it like a buff that all damage (LMB or Spells) will restore hp?

Thank you for reading

Attack Damage Converted to Health applies differently depending on what it’s source is. Spells with it innately will heal that %age of the damage they deal. It is tied only to that specific spell, and applies to nothing else at all. The actual stat, added directly to your character sheet, will only heal that %age of the damage your WEAPON does. This means if you do 100 damage with your weapon with 10% ADCtH, you will heal 10 hp. If you use Savagery, with 150% weapon damage, and it having a base of 300, with a 100 damage weapon, you will heal for 10% of the 150 weapon damage, or 15 hp, and the base 300 damage is completely ignored.

As such, ATCtH is worthless if you are not doing any damage with your weapons, say a Panetti’s Replicating missle build, sorta weak if using an auto attack modifier focused mostly on flat added damage, like say a Firestrike pistol build with pure focus on Brimstone and Static Strike. Meanwhile, a 2h Savagery build, with 150% weapon damage with 300+ base damage weapons, heals significantly more per hit. Now if you are attacking with your weapons, it is never worthless, but it’s value scales directly with how much weapon damage you do. It also doesn’t work on bosses unless you reduce their resistance to lifesteal somehow, be it a targetted resist shred like Haunt relic, or a general one like Manticore devotion proc.

Wow! Didn’t know any of this! Thanks for the informative post.

I can understand the point about PRM

But how is pistol Fire Strike weaker? It uses weapon damage, so if base damage is good then it can produce a good heal as well

ADCtH is modified only by % Weapon Damage values below 100%. At 100%+, you only get 100% efficiency.

So something like Cadence and Savagery have a higher ADCtH return when compared to Fire Strike?

No, that’s reading the opposite of what I said. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have 150% Weapon Damage or 2000% Weapon Damage and 10% ADCtH, you will get at most 10% ADCtH, not 15% or 200%.

Now, if you had 80% Weapon Damage, you’d have 8% ADCtH for that skill.

Of course, higher % Weapon Damage means higher damage, and so you do technically get more health back from it. But that has its limits too; if you overkill an enemy, you do not get extra health.

Ah, i see. I missed the “below” in your previous statement somehow.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Which would be more reliable against Nemesis bosses and Mad Queen for ranged masteries- ADCtH or High Regen?

Depends on how high of regen you’re talking. :stuck_out_tongue:

For most builds, ADCtH will be most viable, as acquiring high enough HP/sec to recover from heavier hits is no small task.

I get it, but aren’t bosses supposed to be hard to life leech especially if i don’t use something like Black Star of Deceit or some other resistance shred? Or am i wrong?

Also, how high an hp regen would you recommend? I have gotten my hands on 1.5k hp/s with buffs never have had any experience with anything higher. With this regen i felt pretty much invulnerable in some rift (not BoC, i’d remember if it was BoC)

My melee characters use ADCtH, which haven’t gotten too far in the game hence are relatively untested compared to my casters and i did indeed find keeping the hp bar almost full a lot easier.

Since i am using a ranged character (with rifle) i have the liberty to kite a bit which is why i decided to ask. I am relatively inexperienced with melee in this game, and have been playing from a distance which is why i have had more exposure to hp regen but ADCtH seems like a nice possibility which is why i need some opinions

TL;DR

->Bossess have high resistance especially if i don’t use Black Star. So which would be better as playing ranged allows me to kite ?

-> How much regen would you recommend?

-> I have 11% ADCtH atm, should i invest more?

bump /10char

i feel you need ADCtH. i use haunted steel for this.

Haunted steel will be my main source of ADCtH, combined with a spare node of revenant. I am unsure if 11% would cut it on ultimate

It should, depending on your DPS. 11% is fine. Especially if you use debuffs that reduce all resists like Black star, manticore or agonizing flames, but not 100% necessary either.

11% should be fine, i only use bloodthirster on nemeses/mad queen.