Automatic difficulty increase

Greetings, friends! Recently, I decided to pass through Grim Dawn again with all the patches and add-ons that came out. I finished the game at character level 78! After that, I switch to the elite almost completely pumped character. Maybe вам need to remove the choice of difficulty from the game in general and add an automatic difficulty increase? Perhaps when going to certain acts or when taking a certain level. This would make the game more dynamic. A similar system has already been organized in Path of Exile. There, the second difficulty level is turned on in the middle of the game, and the last at the end. What do you think about it?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Difficulties won’t be removed at this stage of the game’s development, but if you have the Forgotten Gods expansion you can buy merit tokens in Elite and Ultimate difficultes which will allow your other characters to skip up to those difficulties.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer! Yes I know about this opportunity, but I don’t want to miss a lot of altars on the normal difficulty of the game) I really like Grim Dawn, but I think that re-passing the same character on different difficulties is a rather boring task for many people. Therefore, I decided to offer this idea. Developers have already added much stronger items in the previous game update, which will allow players to feel good on any difficulty level.

You can only gain 55 Devotion points total from the “altars” in the game… all of which can be gained solely on Ultimate if you wish. You aren’t missing anything at all.

2 Likes

Even honestly, I thought that there were fewer altars on the Ultimite. Tomorrow I will count their number) I did not want to use the cheating opportunities of a crucible or teleport on other difficulties.

59 total shrines in Ultimate.

https://www.grimtools.com/checklist/shrines/ultimate

Heck with 8 shrines in Act 1 for all three difficulties, you could just speed thru (er, well try to speed thru) normal and elite act 1 and be up 16 shrines when you start Ultimate.

1 Like

like caius martius said, if you don’t want to miss the altars in normal difficulty, just play normal until around act 2 or after you got around 15 altars. after that, you can bump up immediately into ultimate to get all your devotion points from the ultimate altars while playing a very challenging gd campaign playthrough from act 1 (retrying contents of normal act 1 and act 2 in unltimate isn’t that long and is pretty quick) to the end.

1 Like

Friends, thank you all for the answers! After work, I will create a new character and start playing on absolute difficulty. It will be difficult, but interesting)

3 Likes

This is because Forgotten Gods expansion added a lot more. GD alone had 59 shrines in total: 28 in Normal, 17 in Elite and 14 in Ultimate with the maximum devotion points being 50. With Ashes of Malmouth they increased to 73 in total: 33, 20 and 20 and devotion points were increased to 55. But with FG there are a massive 157 shrines in total with Ultimate now having the most (59 as CaisuMartius said), Elite as 51 and Normal 47. The change was made precisely so those people who just want to play on Ultimate can get all the shrines in one playthrough, though it seems most people skip up to Ultimate and then zip around in Normal and Elite grabbing shrines quickly since all the riftgates are opened on the lower difficulties with the Ultimate merit token.

4 Likes