B25: Factions and Nemeses

Well it’s been explained before countless times by both players and the devs.

Not my fault you can’t accept it.

And yes I’m fine with how the Quartermaster works. Recipes are shared otherwise the items/augments are only available once your character earns the faction standing.

It’s not like we don’t have ways to increase reputation in order to get those items faster right? Oh wait… we do.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Great build! awesome work Crate, thank you!

Can we get the Art concepts for all Nemesis bosses? your artists are very talented and I’d love to have the wallpapers.

You previously could not put the Augment received from the Manticore quest in the shared stash. This is nothing new and is done to keep people playing the game on different characters. Mandates can be put in the stash, though.

And the shared stash retains its purpose of transferring items between characters that are found out in the wild.

not listed in patch notes but depraved sanctuary now scales up to level cap, really happy about this change

And Warden’s Lab no longer scales to 35 (it stops at 30~31). Kinda unhappy about that change. :frowning:

Oh great! :slight_smile: But in the middle of finals week…Baaah, I’m the professor and I am giving my first final tomorrow evening: all the time to play! :smiley:

Question: are you going to add extra animations to other attacks, like stunt jacks for the demolitionist? :slight_smile:

what does this matter though? 35 is an irrelevant item level breakpoint for the most part, and cronley’s hideout scales to that level anyway if you absolutely need mid-30s gear

if anything this just makes it easier to farm some late-20s/early-30s gear that was otherwise a bit difficult to find

Thanks for the info about the updates! They look great! I can’t wait to play!

I have some questions with regard to the updates:

1. I saw this thread (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21262) saying that there will be adding dozens of new pieces of equipments for Grim Dawn’s various faction. Are these equipments part of what is said as faction only item in this update?

2. What is Soulbound status?

3. What is the difference between Soulbound Augments and augments?

4. I don’t think I understood the changes on pierce ratio. I think this is because I don’t know the term pierce ratio. My guess is that pierce ratio is a conversion of physical damage to pierce damage. Is this pierce ratio related to armor piercing of weapons? With this changes, if attacking the same enemy (this enemy has 0 physical resistance, 5 armor, and 5% pierce resistance) using the same weapon (assuming the stat of the weapon doesn’t change) using default attack (no fire strike, cadence, or wps skills) in B25 and B24, will the character has higher total damage on this enemy in B25 or in B24?

5. With the changes on Probability to Hit formula, this allows characters with lower defensive ability to survive better, does this formula apply only to enemy attacking player or both ways? If apply both ways means player is harder to die and enemy is harder to kill as well (since PTH also affects critical multiplier)? The PTH formula and its impact in each range will be updated on the main webpage, right?

6. With regard to reduce flat defensive ability bonus of all items, does this only on players or on enemy as well? I think this way because my understanding is that monsters wear monster infrequent items before we kill them. Therefore, I am not sure whether this only apply to players or to monsters as well. Same for offensive ability and health regeneration.

7. The updates said cooldown lowered on many skills. When I see the changes in each class, I don’t see any skill has reduced cooldown but either implemented or increased (Wrath of Agrivix’ cooldown time is increased to 6s).

8. With regard to damage over time, in situations where the second largest damage has longer duration than the largest damage (both are the same type, let say both are poison damage) and after the end of the duration of the largest poison damage, then in the next second the second largest poison damage is now the largest poison damage. My question is does that poison damage which used to be second largest and the moment where it is the largest, does the 50% change to 100%?

9. How does it work for overguard’s health regeneration to synergizes with menhir’s will? Does this mean when both skills are used, the % increase in health regeneration is better than the sum of each individual’s skill. Let say overguard increases health regeneration by 5% and menhir’s will increases health regeneration by 10%, when the character uses both skills, the character’s health regeneration is increased by 17% instead of 15%?

Where do you find this information?

So I just hit Respected with Homestead after the patch landed, and in the faction window it states that this enables a new Quest, but I can’t seem to find anyone new with a quest to give. Are faction-rank dependent quests in the game at the minute?

e.: Same with Devil’s Crossing; I’m far enough in the faction system to have unlocked, supposedly, three quests and a new dungeon. I assume the last quest and dungeon are the Silth ones, but the two prior quests? Or did old existing quests merely get folded into the faction system?

By playing the game. :eek:

Homestead quest you talk to the one head farmer who then sends food back to Devil’s Crossing and the Devil’s Crossing ones are the Fabric quest, dynamite quest and Slith quest.

So yes some of them are just additions to the faction system - which they already were before, just more obvious.

I really like this game because not only the game is fun but also the community members that are involved in helping to make the game’s information more accessible to players.

Just for a reminder to developers and the community:

1. Don’t forget to update the information of the main webpage that are affected by these changes, especially faction in the faction section and augments in the items section!

2. Updating the main webpage will be helpful for people who are new to this game or haven’t decided whether they want to play this ‘early access’ game (since many players that I know are skeptic about early access games), I think providing updated videos in the media (I just checked the main webpage, the latest one is on January 2014), add the interview in Pax 2015.

3. I am not sure whether players will go through the forum to decide whether they want to buy this game. Therefore, adding links to gameplay videos in Media, adding a link in the Feature’s list dual class system to build compendium II might also help.

4. An idea to the weather system to make it more fun to play: let the weather affect elemental damage, for example, in rainy day, fire spell reduced damage but lighting and cold damage increases, in sunny day fire spell increases damage but cold damage decreases and lightning damage doesn’t change. Cold damage is stronger at night. In this way, weather affects more than just light radius and beautification of background (please let me know if I am wrong).

5. For those who is in charge of graceful dusk (grim dawn itembase), don’t forget to update those information as well.

6. I noticed that the webpage that display grim dawn map is not updated to include maps after homestead yet. Please update the map.

Some people look through these information before they decide to buy a game. I understand that this is a small team and the main focus is on making the game better and more content in each subsequent updates, providing easily accessible information to people and players will let existing players and new players more enjoyable about this game and they will introduce their friends to join this incredibly remarkable game too :wink:

It’s on our list :slight_smile:

5 and 6 are purely driven by the community and done by a handful of very dedicated individuals, so it is up to them to maintain their resources. Don’t forget to thank them for their efforts. :smiley:

Thank you very much for your reply, Zentai! Would you mind answering questions that I posted on thread #28 in page 3, please?

Anyone know about how big this update is?

OMG here we go ,I got to work tomorrow lol(sick day anyone )

Great work, many skills got cooldown reduced.

Here are cooldown changes for each class.

Soilder
Forcewave 3 sec > 2.8 sec
Blitz 6 sec > 3.8 sec
War Cry 8 sec > 5 sec
Overguard 75 sec > 28 sec

Nightblade
Blade Trap 4 sec > 3.5 sec

Demolitionist

Grenado 4.5 sec > 3 sec
Canister Bomb 10 sec > 7.5 sec
Mortar Trap 15 sec > 10 sec

Occultist

Doom Bolt 15 sec > 10 sec
Sigil of Consumption 3 sec > 2.5 sec
Summon Hellhound 30 sec > 18 sec

Arcanist

Olexra’s Flash Freeze 10 sec > 7.5 sec
Trozan’s Sky Shard 3.5 sec > 3 sec
Devastation 30 sec > 24 sec

Still no love for the Occultist’s crow. :frowning:

is it just me or every components for NB were all debuffed haha? Are you guys trying to complicate our life, us, nightblade builds? :stuck_out_tongue: