B26 Hotfix 2 (v0.3.4.7)

Thanks for the explanation. And for the awesome hotfix, I think faction stuff is pretty much perfect right now.

hmm i still cant use teleport in order of death vigils area

You know since Flame Touched now gives a lightning damage boost wouldn’t Ulziun’s touch or something of the like be more appropriate :p.

Ah, good point. I’m a little hesitant to move vitality to the base skill though since it seems like I’d be turning what should probably be an alternate build into the focus. I think it might be better to reduce the initial pierce and augment the vitality a little more or add some %vitality to nether edge.

My game still crashes even with this update :frowning:

My arcanist thanks you! I’ve completely avoided putting more than 1 point in Proliferation because even with Mental Alacrity maxed he had to drink lots of elixirs, but now respec may be worth.

By the way, Panetti’s Replicating Missile is awesome!:smiley:

Report it in the bug forum with as much information as possible.

Singleplayer or Multiplayer?
Where do the crashes occur?
Skill usage?
Do you get the crash reporter and do you send in the report?
Any additional info?

Very nice,
Blade Arc still crashes…

See Zantai’s post above.

No remedy for the Blade Arc crashes was reported in the changelog, so if you can document such crashes with what was going on at the time of the crash, that’d be more helpful than a notification about an already-known problem.

Possibly GG to my Phantasmal Blades Chaos Damage build =/

Will have to test it out once I get around to it. Hope it hasn’t ruined my favourite character so far…

EDIT
Did a bit of testing, looks like I’ve lost about 200 damage a knife, and gained one skillpoint in a build where I’m already struggling to find places to put skillpoints to good use past 43.
http://grimcalc.com/build/UdErzt is what I am currently using.
I’ve been up for over 24 hours, and know I get grumpy when I’ve been up for too long so I won’t rant, but I just gotta ask why the nerf to the chaos damage on it? It seemed like a sub-par build to begin with, but I must admit I don’t have super crafted ultra gear like most of the streamers and stuff.

Do you mind explaining your reasoning behind that a bit more? I am a tad butthurt =/

i have already done a thread about it with the crash reports, dxdiag etc and other people have write there

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21984

and from another guy

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22625

To me it seems that if a nightblade was going to go pierce based, they would most likely go melee instead of the more caster focused Phantasmal blades, because all the skills that have high synergy with pierce are melee based(dual blades, ring of steel, shadow strike, night’s chill). If someone was going to take Phantom blades at all as a melee character, my expectation would likely be for the lifesteal portion of the skill, making it more sensible for heartseeker to be pierce based as a better means to that end.
Another factor is attribute point investment. A caster phantom blades character is going to be needing spirit to keep up with the high expenditure, but with the base skill being pierce, it can be deceiving and cause them to ignore spirit, thinking that it isn’t the best way to build it, only to struggle with energy. Perhaps that is their fault, but I feel the first impression a player gets when they look at a skill does a lot in determining how they will go about building it. Overall I think the benefits of changing it makes it more consistent with how the skill actually plays outweigh the negatives of making an alternative the focus. Redesigning the skill and transmuter already changed the initial focus of the skill anyway.

I played a vitality version of FT Phantasmal Blades and I went from about doing 1350 damage per knife to around 750 per knife on a non crit. If the aim was to make the skill stronger I did not work for me. From reading other comments it sounds like you wanted to push the pierce as the main damage type. I think the vitality conversion is a bit more interesting of a mechanic than just using pierce damage. If its in the cards at all I would love to see an addition modifier with maybe only pierce 50% vitality conversion.

I’m a little upset by the changes because its big enough that I feel I need to reroll. I have no idea how OP this was in the larger context of grim dawn as I’v only played this one character past 20. Been playing this same character for over a year so its sad to see it go but what can you do. Anyway love the game thanks for the new content.

That to me seems like one of the issues with this change. I may be a bit naive, but do people pick up this skill for pierce damage that often? I’ve got about 3k mana and occasionally run out of mana when spamming for particularly tough bosses. Going pierce seems like it would want a really carefull balancing of Spirit/Cunning. Every point you put in spirit means less damage, but every point you put in cunning means less casts.

Was any decent pierce build using this? Seems like a big investment for a bit of lifesteal. Although I hear allot of talk about melee builds being much too dangerous at the moment.

Why did you remove resistance reduction from Agonizing Flame!!! :mad:

Downright nerf. It was great for “AoE” debuff. Now it just give you 100% (from 75% and 28 resistance reduction) to fire and chaos which is not that impressive.

Take a look at NB’s Merciless Repertoire it gives 90% to 4 damage types, Arcanist’s Frabric of Reality gives 92% to 2 damage types + energy leech or Occultist’s Second Rite 95% to 2 damage types + energy burn that can cause damage and look back at Agonizing Flame it makes me cringe, like seriously, you removed AoE 28 reduction and give fire/chaos more 25% which is additive to other %from gear and only buff BWC. Totally nailed it!!:rolleyes:

I’m glad take BWC got a transmuter but I’m not convinced that Agonizing Flame is in a good place right now it’s LV40 tier skill but just suck much not worth 12 skill points at all. Mad! Mad!:rolleyes:

The aim wasn’t to make it stronger, quite the contrary, I was attempting to make it less ridiculously overpowered. I think it’s still borderline OP but it seems more in like with other powerful builds.

From reading other comments it sounds like you wanted to push the pierce as the main damage type. I think the vitality conversion is a bit more interesting of a mechanic than just using pierce damage. If its in the cards at all I would love to see an addition modifier with maybe only pierce 50% vitality conversion.

It wasn’t my intention to minimize vitality builds. I actually tested my changes on a vitality build and, by the end, it still seemed borderline OP to me, so I’m not sure I’d say that damage has been too disadvantaged. I may consider pushing vitality a little more in the future or swapping the damages around once the dust settles.

I’m a little upset by the changes because its big enough that I feel I need to reroll. I have no idea how OP this was in the larger context of grim dawn as I’v only played this one character past 20. Been playing this same character for over a year so its sad to see it go but what can you do. Anyway love the game thanks for the new content.

Basically, in the past playing Frenetic Throw was like ultra-casual easy mode. Perhaps you never played another characters past 20 because all the other builds felt weak compared to Frenetic Throw. I wouldn’t reroll though in pursuit of some better build just as a result of this change because, even with the nerf, I don’t think you’ll find other builds that much, if anymore powerful.

I wasn’t aware anyone was using it - from what I had read, it seemed like people’s consensus was that the whole BWC line was not worthwhile.

I appreciate your feedback and I’m that it negatively affected your build; I know that must be frustrating. I’ll look over the skill again in the future and reconsider whether it was the right move or not.

Medierra, was the spread of PBlades narrowed? I didn’t see it in the notes and someone on stream was saying it was narrower.

Having it narrower would make you aim better, or you miss more.

Well, that 75% to 100% increase to fire and chaos is no where near as good as 28 resistance reduction, hence why it’s a nerf instead of a buff. I gave an example of other mastery skills that give 2-4 damage types buff but those are also passive buff to all damage character done and when compare to Agonizing Flame. Those are just a lot better than a lv 40 mastery skill that +100% to 2 damage types of a single skill.