[B31] Handmaiden of Dreeg (Witch Hunter - Poison DoT Skirmisher)

You shocked me when I came back around to your thread and saw many changes. Though after making the updates myself, I am just blown away. The issues that were so challenging before were almost easy now. Still had to plan some escape routes but the surviability is much greater.

Partway into Ultimate now @ around lvl 75 and my Acid/poison dmg stats are close to yours but still mostly blues, and some other pieces that I was going to ask you about (though I will need to post again once home from work where I can get the item names). I recall 1 is a belt- Thorn Girdle of the Misty Glade . Just curious if you had tried this belt or such. I have found it a great addition as I only have 2 other legendary items. The slow made quite the difference for me with the poison DoT not to mention the resistances worked extremely well duing Elite and still in ultimate.

Are you able to break down the devotions some more… I think I am at like 48/50 points and I think I will just barely finish Abomination - So I figure I have some points tied up where I may not need them.

Actually just be fore the guide was updated there was mention of spending a point on Bloody Pox and using that with the Guardian’s Gaze Constellation piece… Oh man was that sweet. Little slow on the repeat casts but often I would like 8 -10 of those Dreeg Eye things flying around me hitting each for like 1200-1500… And the Pox would proc as others are used so when you got surround in the the build you still felt OK if you couldnt duck out as easily.

have to try this build soon :slight_smile:

Exactly! That desire for greater durability is what drove my entire change process.

It’s a good belt. I wore it for a long, long time, myself. The grasping vines proc has a low cooldown and works quite well. Thanks for the reminder; I’ll add it to the list of alternate belts. The only reason I don’t still use it is the fact that Alchemist/Tinker both have valuable “oh shit” procs.

Not sure what I can do for you without knowing where you’ve put your points.

I have at the moment used the points in the constellations you mentioned. I am guessing you filled each of your mentioned constellations. I just wasn’t sure if there were some you didn’t completely fill or such.

If you followed my order, you should have 4 points left after finishing Abomination… Did you remember to remove Crossroad Order?

Will check now and go over the Devotions.

Just an update
With a few good finds you can get close to the full gear that you/Caedas lists at the beginning.:
Link to Character sheet taken on Ultimate @ imgur
*buffs active:Solael’s witchblade, Possesion, Blood of Dreeg, Viel of shadow, Poison Aura, pneumatic burst

Gear found so far:

• Praetorian Faceguard with leathery hide | Praetorian shoulders with silk swatch
  • empowered hounds bite with shard of berornath | manticore longsword with vitriolic gallstone
  • empowered fused carapace armour with santified bone | shadeleather leggings with spined carapace
  • 2x harvest venom seal with corpse dust (honoured with Homestead)
  • badge of crimson company with dread skull

last couple i got were legendary:
Pestilence of Dreeg, Venomspine Greaves, Viperfang Grips, Thorn girdle of the misty glade and the relic Dreeg’s Affliction

leaves me close to some of the numbers you have:
Attack speed: 149% | Acid Dmg % 958 | Posion Dmg% 1186 with 124% increased Duration | Chaos DMg% 241% | Retaliation Acid DMG 634 and 71% | Retaliation Posion DMG 2536 and 71%

Really glad with the changes you have been making and looking forward to find some twists to pass on.

I’d be happy to hear your take on it, when you’re done.
I have a question, however: How are you managing with the negative elemental resists?

Some times it works OK, as you mentioned, letting the DOTs of poison do there work… but I do not try to take on too many mobs at once. I can get rocked by simple things but somehow between potions and pneumatic burst the heroes die quick… and i am pretty much spamming Shadow strike…

I am just getting to the Wardens lab in Ultimate so I imagine the worst is yet to come.

Good build, though it is lacking survaivability as u made it. I am using for pants Empowered Legplates of Valor and for feet - Golemborn Greaves. Dat solves the damage u get from melee attacks. Only for info, i got 11.5K hp, all res at 80%+(except for 25% stun and 69 aether), also 196% attack speed(using green gloves with 19% ias and 6% from jackal) 488% chaos damage modifier, 1310 poison damage modifier with 199% incr duration and 1006 acid damage modifier. Also lets see, the devotion is fucked up, dat turtle is a waste of points, unfortunately i still got no rights to post links in my commnets, to lazy to make 3 posts, dat totally sucks.

How about choosing soldier as the second specialization? Here’s what I had in mind after a few minutes of thinking about it, and taking into account the +2 to nightblade:

Poison Blademaster

It should make you tankier (lots of health and physique from the specialization and skills), and give you another escape mechanism (blitz), while you can probably compensate for the loss of Posssession/Aspect by pumping Merciless Repertoire and Night’s Chill.

You can probably move some points around from Field Command or Veil of Shadow to War Cry if you feel too squishy.

[QUOTE=Ksajal;394487]It should make you tankier (lots of health and physique from the specialization and skills), and give you another escape mechanism (blitz), while you can probably compensate for the loss of Posssession/Aspect by pumping Merciless Repertoire and Night’s Chill.

[QUOTE]

I use Blitz on my Warder, maybe I’m doing it wrong, but I think Blitz needs a target to work while shadow strike does not… So your escape mechanism may be limited if there are not targets around…or send you from the frying pan to the fire as they say… But you could blitz in and save shadow strike for escaping… But if you’re using justifiable ends, then that won’t work…

Don’t make a poison blademaster. It’s very difficult

Soldier has no synergy whatsoever with the main damage types you do, which is Poison+Cold/Pierce.
Merciless Repertoire is just a plain bad skill, some additive %dmg at end game are useless. Better leave it at 1 points and +skills do the rest.
Night’s Chill should always be maxed, doesn’t matter if you play a DW Poison WH or BM.
Keep in mind that at end game with full DM set and an amulet that give +1 skills we will have +5 to NB.
A SS spamming Poison WH is probably on par with cold/pierce BM in term of clear speed. When you engage in combat everything melts in mere seconds, you will be able to facetank 90% of the time, so any escape mechanism but SS is redundant.

The damage of this build is too low while the character is too squishy

you can try something like this:
http://grimcalc.com/build/GE2eCd (with devotion set up)
Note: I left last 3 points, you can either complete Tree of Life or bottom 3 points for Obelisk of Menhir

For weapon - try Slithtongue with either resistance or other better prefix - the on attack damage is very huge and can stack up the DOT damage a lot (I’ve 3-4 legendary poison weapon but I will still prefer to use Slithtongue)

For leg try to fit in: Nidalla’s Legwraps (because it will -% the resistance which is more important than stack +% damage)
link: https://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8230-Nidalla’s-Legwraps

With above set up you should be easily face tank Fabius and most bosses and they die really quick (10-30 secs):rolleyes:

Putting points in hidden hand does literally nothing if you don’t have points in the WPS :stuck_out_tongue: All those stats only apply to those skills, you quite literally spent 8 skill points on nothing

Been cross referencing this build a lot while building a DW Poison Witch Hunter and basically ended up teching into it with a little bit of variation in point distribution.

One thing I do though is use a Mad Queen’s Claw instead of the Venomlash, obviously the Hidden Path (and the claw) wasn’t available at the latest update of this build, but it seems to allow me to forego the Lifegiver Signet and use Closed Fist + Open Hand and still get plenty of lifesteal from the Mad Queen’s Claw as I feel this build has enough OA to trigger it frequently enough, paper damage is a little lower when using the Mad Queen’s Claw compared to when using the Venomlash, but I find the +skills to Blood of Dreeg and Nidalla’s Hidden Hand more useful than the +skills to Blood of Dreeg and Merciless Repertoire as well.

Other than that, really fun build, coming from a Warder that I felt was a very all-in built where either your autoheal (incl. wendigo) kept up or you’d just die, this build has a lot more wiggle room, definitely more squishy than the Warder but being able to engage and disengage as you please and having plenty of panic buttons makes it fairly flexible.

Coming back to a similar build char that I haven’t played for a while was disappointing. The nerfs were overboard and have made her extremely squishy and ineffective. Would love to see an updated guide for 1.0.0.6 hf1

I’ve been running this build through 50 as my first ever character. Is she no longer ultimate viable in 1.0.0.6? Because it’s one helluva fun build and I’ve got about 50 hours on her. Man, I’d be disappointed as hell if it’s no longer viable. Probably disappointed enough to try to figure out how to make her worthwhile in this version.

No reason a build like this wouldn’t be ultimate viable. No idea what Hal is talking about when he references overboard nerfs