Bat + Ghoul meta

Aw shit mate. r00kie mistake.

Kill annie first.

I tried that. Some builds can do it, but others cant kill her out of banner range before other guys arrive and make use of her 50% RR.

But 169 is not the only problem, of course. Dmg can spike so fast sometimes i cant even turn on the mirror in time on my potato pc.

Truthā€¦SR set then? :stuck_out_tongue:

Doctor Spanksalot prescribing universal cure for all diseases :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Clearly Zantai should look into this issue.

fixed an issue that was sometimes causing melee builds to survive when they equipped the Shattered Guardian set

1 Like

In crucible may be. In SR the first nasty mob procs it or first nemesis you face procs it then you are screwed.

22% physical res? how cute, heres anastera + aleksander 30k meteor, or gravathul instant purge + death.

Kaisan kills you with crystals up regardless what you have.

Also fucking fumble and stacking fumble too. It is nearly impossible to leech or outheal the damage if you get a gravathul + kuba or aethersnek.

I played a bunch of pet build before hand and also some casters, arcanistā€™s ability to basically strip boss buffs and purge the crap on yourself is so useful, also spells ignores fumble. Meanwhile melee in SR is jarringly difficult, especially a squishy duelwield build. Often the debuffs stacks up and vaporizes you before you realise what happened.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen any game, in any genre, handle lifesteal in a satisfactory way. It makes thematic sense for a lot of things but in practice always ends up being mandatory (or at the very least extremely desirable) because it scales directly with your offense and so makes a huge difference even at very low levels.

3 Likes

thats why almost every character we play become vampires in games that involve lifesteal mechanic.

Ofc casters are the strongest now. And it has little to do with SR or crucible. Itā€™s all about balancing.

That chaos AAR and Cyclone have more phys res than Octavius warlord (the last of the thousand nerfs to it was that very phys res) and so do all occultist based casters.

Nightblade mastery was so terribly nerfed - despite the prior nerfs to all the leading nightblade archetypes - that it really looks like GD started doing ā€œseasonsā€ now.

I donā€™t think arcanist was overbuffed. It still has no rr. Imo most arcanist stuff is in the right place like Allagast (very good balance - set was nerfed in anticipation of arcanist buffs) or other TSS. The one thing I donā€™t like is that mage hunters - class that never really shined - now is one of the strongest thanks to not so apparent previously mega synergy between Censure and Maiven. Mage hunters take ~65% total damage of what a dervish or a trickster would take ALWAYS. And they now have the dmg to compete with the big boys: binders, vindicators, etc.

Anyway, to the point: it does not change the fact that ALL those casters are still using adcth and if they donā€™t have wpn dmg on their mains then they use Stormfire/Chain Lightning/I wanna add Chillspikes but cold is fucking dead

1 Like

I thought some uses giantā€™s blood? Also ghoul for casters are more like burst heal since their CDR reduce the cooldown of the proc. So you get it for minor sustain from that 4% then occasional 90% lifesteal from the proc and physical res.

Giants blood is better if you have less stun res actually, infact stuff like sigil of consumption is absurdly good for sustain because you are healing while stunned. Melee has a issue where if you fumble/stuned/frozen = dead.

I personally donā€™t like Giantā€™s Blood. The trigger rate is low, and if you are unlucky, it will not trigger when you fall into a pinch. And a long recharge.
In addition, health regeneration can only be used well with some masteries, and many are not very useful.

1 Like

The best use of Giantā€™s blood is when you put it on defensive skill with not 100% uptime. That increase the trigger chance significantly. Try it on Blast Shield!

Sometimes health regeneration can be part of your defensive layers but alone isnā€™t impressive. The life steal works in similar fashion but ofc itā€™s better. For example DW melee Ritualist can have 30% or more life steal and die constantly. At same time vitality casters with inbuilt life steal are great!

2 Likes

Yes, BS and GB are very compatible. I use it at Pyran Soc.:slightly_smiling_face:

I donā€™t like it on BS. (Actually I donā€™t like it at all, itā€™s only functional on builds that already have lots of regen) You donā€™t really need regen when you are on BS so itā€™s almost 4 second of wasted duration.

On my latest Pyran I donā€™t use it AT ALL. Thatā€™s right. The heath on the nodes is nice but that regen is useless imo. Bat on BwC or Mortars and Fiend on Mines give you more heals than you can ever stack on Pyran with regen. And survivability boost you get from Ghoul is like 100 Giantā€™s Bloods.

1 Like

Yeah, I last played with Pyran a long time ago, and I donā€™t think it was the best because it wasnā€™t optimized.

After all, playback is still weak. I previously tested an Avenger Warder that regenerates more than 10k, but it was much stronger and better survived by dropping the regen to 3k and increasing its attack power.

1 Like

Actually thatā€™s one of the reasons why life steal is better than regen. In regeneration builds you need to sacrifice the damage significantly to increase it and survive. On life steal builds the more damage you make, the better your survival is.

1 Like

Then why do SR builds run it? Also, the game isnā€™t balanced around deep SR runs.

Casters need bat/ghoul in MC for sustain as well. Especially casters like the shield breaker which lack heals.

I also hate this excuse. Again. I play mostly naked crucible which Iā€™m telling you is harder than SR 75. Try it for yourself.

I like giantā€™s blood when I can control it. Honestly, it is best used on a high CD build and when bound to something like mirror, or blade barrier.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the problem to get enemy damage reduction? Dervish has it, BTW. And Trickster can get it with some item, for example.
Aura of Censure isnt that strong even. It has 15% reduced damage with +0.5 per rank above max, while RE has 20%+1 per rank, and Warcry - 25% + 1 per rank. Light of Empyrion has 24%. Essentially, AoC is the weakest.

Actually Mage hunter is one of the few classes that have both flat and percentage damage absorb. And thatā€™s on top of global damage reduction. Also heal, panic button, Nullification, etc. Just very strong class combo.

1 Like