Battlemage build advice please

I just got my battlemage to level 100 and geared out but I expected it to be pretty tanky and it just isnt. It takes more damage than my warlord (I guess because of less phys res) but the main thing I don’t understand is why my healing is so low.

Here is the build : Battlemage, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.4) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

I have 10% life steal, dire bear healing and the heal from devastation but once my hp goes down it seems to take forever to go back up. Any advice on how to get more heals please ? :slight_smile:

There’s already a good BM on the forum

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I don’t want a build though, I just want advice on healing since I don’t understand why mine is sow low.

If I compare mine to the one you linked I have more life steal, more armor and more DA but less offensive stats, so mine should be tankier anyway. But against harder enemies my hp bar goes up slower than I would like and comparing it to some of my other builds I don’t understand why since I feel like it should have good heals.

Hi @Crixus8000, just throwing out a couple thoughts as to why the other build may be more effective:

1. More effective application of -% Physical RR w/ Assassin’s Mark on Blade Arc
  2. More frequent activation of Maul’s ADCtH and -35% Armor by having it bound to Devastion

This change of Devotion bindings may make it easier to deal more damage with BA (and leach back more Health) and get Maul to proc in groups more often (meaning more Health back + more damage from dropping enemy Armor).

1. Deathstalker w/ Bull Rush for more Damage against groups from the RR Aura + frequent Bull Rush proccing
  2. Light of Empyrion to more easily apply DR to monsters vs War Cry. Both builds do not have decent Casting Speed and that results in War Cry wasting valuable time that could be spent killing enemies.

Dead enemies don’t deal Damage, so the faster you kill, the less Health you lose. Also, the longer enemies are alive, the more frequently they can use their skills…

I think there is a fine line of Defense vs Offense in GD and you need to find that balance.

Just my 2 cents! :+1:

Edit: If I recall correctly, the -15% Total Damage modifier from Markovian’s Defense will reduce ADCtH when Overguard is up too. I’m not 100% on this though! :thinking:

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply ^^

I watched the linked video vs ravager and it’s similar to mine, so maybe it’s just battlemage that has low heals or I might have been spoiled by playing warlord first and expecting it to be similar or better.

I can kill ravager without using pots but the healing is not easy. Your points make a lot of sense though so thank you, I will try them out. And yeah maybe markovians isn’t the best choice sadly. I love it and I do feel so tanky but that doesn’t matter if heals aren’t good enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is probably the cause of your Healing problems! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like