Beginner build guides Compendium (for AoM + FG expansions)

@eisprinzessin got me thinking by using just link instead of

I mean using

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/beginner-build-guides-compendium-for-aom-fg-expansions/106137/124

instead of

[Beginner build guides Compendium (for AoM + FG expansions)](https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/beginner-build-guides-compendium-for-aom-fg-expansions/106137)

For example let’s look at @Nery’s build entry using the 2nd type of link:

Looks alright? Yes but click on it. You get:

[1.1.2.5-1.1.9.1] Beginner’s Lightning Vindicator caster

because @Nery changed build type (a long time ago), the ranged one is out-dated and in the wrong category.

[edit] No, it’s ok. I now understand. Nery has 2 build entries in the compendium that lead to the same thread / have the same link. I thought incorrectly there’s should be only one build entry.

What do you all think? Should I change all links to be dynamic / of the first type?
The drawback is that the titles might be longer and also constain [version] tags.

1 Like

I think it’s alright as it is right now.
The title might be different, but it’s descriptive enough.

Though if it saves you time in the future, versus the time it would take you to change the existing ones to this format, you might as well do it. IMO they are both fine.

3 Likes

I can use regex in Notepad++ to quickly change showcase how this would look:

Now we have

Cooldown caster

After change

Cooldown caster

[edit] I was for changing it but now after some thinking I’m for leaving it as it is. Let me know if you prefer one form over the other.

1 Like

I would go for the “now we have” version - as it is a list - shorter elements are imho better readable - and following the link should not be too hard

1 Like

Thanks for adding my Ritualist, didn’t notice you’re still active :slightly_smiling_face:

Also I seems to miss some of the other builds, including your one Infiltrator with Chillstrifes, which is obviously cool.

1 Like

I wasn’t active for a few months.

Tell me which are missing and I’ll add them. Instead of your Chillstrife’s guide there’s leveling for it in the Compendium: [1.1.2.5] DW cold Infiltrator for beginners-build diary so I think I’ll change it to your Chillstrife guide and players will be able to find leveling from there

Or maybe I’ll check your compendium. [edit] Nah, all your builds are in compendium.

Maybe you meant my Spectral Longsword caster Infi → it’s in the compendium. I put it in Melee Hybrid but after remembering what this category is about (melee AA + other things), I moved it to Cooldown Caster. Although it’s Cooldown Caster (Roh) + Melee (Shadow Strike and fight in melee range) + Spam Caster (Chillspikes) hybrid because all these skills deal good damage but RoH is the focus and most damage I suppose.

2 Likes

No, no I just meant that I’ve missed the builds you added in last update. For instance I haven’t saw before your Infiltrator guide and it serves better purpose than my own, which is pretty old.

2 Likes

After watching half of Shadowstrike Skip Guide - Grim Dawn ZIPPING - YouTube by @RektbyProtoss and Eluminator
I’d love to make some build guide with hard to get MIs and use this technique to farm them.

name Petwalker - Walking Simulator Budget Pet Conjurer (Pets)(Conjurer)(Maya) name

2 Likes

Hello Nery, thank you so much for all your work. It is possible for you to reshare the " [Advanced mechanics guide by Nery et. al. ]? It’s seems to me that it’s down, maybe I’m mistaken.

1 Like

Check THIS link if it’s working for you. Mind that the guide wasn’t completed and it’s pretty old.

1 Like

Sounds like it needs to be completed then.

2 Likes

What do you think of this format of build entries: Build Compendium for Mods ?
For me it’s more readable but it is a bit rough and lacks the flow the current one has.

• Keep current format
  • Move to new format

0 voters

2 Likes

Usually, old ways are complex to break due to habits but by the looks of it, I prefer the new style.

1 Like

I skip the vote as I can live with both - and you would have the work to do for the change :slight_smile:

1 Like

The poll is closed. Since 5 were for the changes and 3 against, I reformatted the OP.
I also changed the color of links from the default one as it’s not very readable and blends with the background.
Also colors of damage types because I’ve never liked those chosen by Ulvar.

Beginner’s/budget acid Sentinel Acid Sentinel Nery
Beginner’s/budget PRM Mage Hunter Elemental Mage Hunter Nery
Beginner’s Nephrite Spellbinder Aether Spellbinder Stupid_Dragon
Budget Physical Forcewave Warlord Physical Warlord The_Coyote
Beginners Phantasmal blades Spite Blademaster Pierce Blademaster supertolik
Beginner’s Pre-Gargabol’s Defiler Vitality Defiler thepowerofmediocrity

Also wanted to change usernames to links to their profiles but

I need the character limit to be increased.

3 Likes

Added

1 Like

Added [1.1.9.3] The Fakeuisher - Physical Skater Warlord

Added

idontwannaknow0 (1)
2 Likes
SSF Physical Eye of Reckoning Warlord Physical Warlord tqFan
1 Like