Beginner build guides Compendium (for AoM + FG expansions)

What do you think of this format of build entries: Build Compendium for Mods ?
For me it’s more readable but it is a bit rough and lacks the flow the current one has.

• Keep current format
  • Move to new format

0 voters

2 Likes

Usually, old ways are complex to break due to habits but by the looks of it, I prefer the new style.

1 Like

I skip the vote as I can live with both - and you would have the work to do for the change :slight_smile:

1 Like

The poll is closed. Since 5 were for the changes and 3 against, I reformatted the OP.
I also changed the color of links from the default one as it’s not very readable and blends with the background.
Also colors of damage types because I’ve never liked those chosen by Ulvar.

Beginner’s/budget acid Sentinel Acid Sentinel Nery
Beginner’s/budget PRM Mage Hunter Elemental Mage Hunter Nery
Beginner’s Nephrite Spellbinder Aether Spellbinder Stupid_Dragon
Budget Physical Forcewave Warlord Physical Warlord The_Coyote
Beginners Phantasmal blades Spite Blademaster Pierce Blademaster supertolik
Beginner’s Pre-Gargabol’s Defiler Vitality Defiler thepowerofmediocrity

Also wanted to change usernames to links to their profiles but

I need the character limit to be increased.

3 Likes

Added

1 Like

Added [1.1.9.3] The Fakeuisher - Physical Skater Warlord

Added

idontwannaknow0 (1)
2 Likes
SSF Physical Eye of Reckoning Warlord Physical Warlord tqFan
1 Like

I’m going to slowly add game version entry for every build and builds in tables are going to be sorted in a decreasing order
(PM me if you update your build, its game version changes and you’d like it to be updated)

Than you should likely make the “patches - still viable” point more prominent - as the builds here age much better than top performers (and if a build is updated - the question is if only the final build was updated or the complete leveling was repeated - and how to mark the difference as the title likely will have in both case the later game version? [:dunno:])

for me it’s enough if you keep up with the game and if there’s some change, mention it in the guide and just update the Grim Tools link [edit] or even just the thread title. You can edit your recommended budget char manually as far as I’m concerned (and maybe put the link earlier so that GT Parser updates it [or does it not look at it just in the title?]) - or add a new one that’s more up to date

I’ve changed sections somewhat because the previous ones were a bit all over the place. I think the current ones should be more useful and readable. Also a few builds were in wrong sections.

Added

Acid Aegis Sentinel - Leveling Journal Acid Sentinel Brewshock84 1.1.9.7
1 Like

New build

2 Likes

New build. Also compendium adjusted to the recent disgraceful removal of HTML support.

Default Attacker
Budget Chaos Melee Dual-Wield Witch Hunter (with a Sigil) Chaos Witch Hunter The_Coyote 1.1.9.7

@The_Coyote one more build and you will beat Stupid_Dragon

2 Likes

A new build. Better late than never:

Ranged

DW Pistols
Budget Physical Ranged Dual-Wield Warlord Physical Warlord The_Coyote 1.1.9.7
2 Likes
Budget Physical Righteous Fervor S&B Shieldbreaker Physical Shieldbreaker The_Coyote 9.7
1 Like

just leaving it here until @tqFan has time to update the compendium

1 Like

Not related to the builds, but I wonder why this topic is not pinned in the Classes, Skills and Builds category as e.g. Build Compendium X? I know you can navigate to this topic through the Compendium topic, but it’s an extra click kekw.

There is no Druid in the Beginner’s Build compendium so I tried to level one specifically for the forums, and it got HC deleted by Loxmere Nightmage. It was a Wind Devil Druid and it did fairly well right up to its death, but I won’t be able to take what I have and turn it into a full-on thread.

I do have a Grimtools as to what the character should look like, and I have pages of leveling instructions on farming the right areas and getting the materials needed for the bulk of the crafting you’re going to need to do for the character, so if anyone would like to take up the mantle and try and finish what I started, I can share all the information I have and make it a collaborative effort.

Here’s the Grimtools of what it was supposed to look like. It only has 2650 DA, but 7 open affixes (+ more if you want to make Stoneplate Greaves instead of using the Harvest ones) can easily fix that problem, either it be through extra Physique like “of the Boar” or through affixes that grant OA or DA. Having 4-5 of the items being craftable leads to some nifty bonuses as well. The sheer quantity of things you can craft with this build is what makes it so versatile and why I can’t just slap on a SC version and call it a day.

The playstyle itself is very dynamic - you’re constantly in motion allowing the Wind Devils to kill everything. It’s not meant to be a single-target juggernaut, but its AoE capabilities (especially when you get that 5th Wind Devil at Level 90) is tremendous. My original Grimtools had Wendigo Totem, but I had no place where it was better to just stand in the totem when I could be moving around to avoid the damage in the first place.

Anyone want to take on the Wind Devil Druid in my place?

1 Like